On May 5, Mexican dominance irks othe...

On May 5, Mexican dominance irks other Latinos

There are 1103 comments on the seattletimes.nwsource.com story from May 4, 2009, titled On May 5, Mexican dominance irks other Latinos. In it, seattletimes.nwsource.com reports that:

With mariachis, tequila and parades, Cinco De Mayo will be celebrated this week in parties across the nation, kicking off a commemoration of Mexican heritage in the United States as a pseudo-holiday that has been adopted by the general population.

This article states on May 5th Mexican may link over other Latinos.It kick off Mexican heartache...............Tim

Join the discussion below, or Read more at seattletimes.nwsource.com.

“Just using common sense”

Since: May 08

Oroville

#31 May 5, 2009
Lourdes wrote:
5 de Mayo is remembered in Mexico as the battle of Puebla when in those days ancient Mexico was being attacked in a town called puebla by the British and the French the battle was won by the mexican Indians and the French and British left. 5 de Mayo is remembered but not celebrated in Mexico. 5 de Mayo is only celebrated in some parts of the USA mostly the southern states and western states of the USA. Some of the North eastern states don't celebrate 5 de Mayo.
The reason why Mexico does not celebrate 5 de Mayo because it is not the Independance in Mexico it is only consider a day to remember for those that died and fought that war.
Independece in Mexico is September 16 when the Mexicans won their independence from spain.
Here in the USA it is a big celebration among other cultures besides Mexicans and Americans. Most people don't even know what 5 de Mayo is.
Thank you for the information! I admit to being one of those ignorant ones that thought the same thing:(. You learn something new everyday!
now what

York, PA

#32 May 5, 2009
Yes, you racist retards in York....5 de Mayo is not recognized by Mexicans, it is celebrated in the US...And Mexicans here do work and work very hard...I have not much to say about the Puerto Rican population here, seems like they are the ones sitting on their asses collecting...and the Mexicans get pissed if you mistake them for a Rican so that tells you something.
Mexcanmaddog

Tijuana, Mexico

#33 May 5, 2009
ALL:hispanics,africans,latinos ,mexicans,ETC
Do Not Belong In The USA!

Thats bullcrap the African Americans didnt even have a choice when they were the slaves of our ancestors
Death N Taxes

United States

#35 May 5, 2009
H1N1v wrote:
___
The Only Good ONE - Is @ DEAD ONE!
.....another little man with a complex
Death N Taxes

United States

#37 May 5, 2009
Mad as can be wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how many times I've said that...Thank you.
....you're referring to illegals, right? Whatever race you are, your people were treated like crap at one point or another.....you aren't any better. Go back to school and get an education.
Death N Taxes

United States

#38 May 5, 2009
Mexcanmaddog wrote:
Thats bullcrap the African Americans didnt even have a choice when they were the slaves of our ancestors
.....another uneductated trailer park trash fool. Do you even have a GED, you pathetic racist?
Jenn

New York, NY

#39 May 5, 2009
Lourdes wrote:
5 de Mayo is remembered in Mexico as the battle of Puebla when in those days ancient Mexico was being attacked in a town called puebla by the British and the French the battle was won by the mexican Indians and the French and British left. 5 de Mayo is remembered but not celebrated in Mexico. 5 de Mayo is only celebrated in some parts of the USA mostly the southern states and western states of the USA. Some of the North eastern states don't celebrate 5 de Mayo.
The reason why Mexico does not celebrate 5 de Mayo because it is not the Independance in Mexico it is only consider a day to remember for those that died and fought that war.
Independece in Mexico is September 16 when the Mexicans won their independence from spain.
Here in the USA it is a big celebration among other cultures besides Mexicans and Americans. Most people don't even know what 5 de Mayo is.
You're right. To most Mexicans, there and here, it's a day of remembrance (like Veteran's Day) not a festive holiday. It's become a party day here because the makers of Corona, Dos Equis and various tequilas have great advertising departments. The only ones that 'celebrate' Cinco de Mayo are college kids who'll seize on any reason to declare another 'holiday/party day'.
Glowster

United States

#40 May 5, 2009
now what wrote:
Yes, you racist retards in York....5 de Mayo is not recognized by Mexicans, it is celebrated in the US...And Mexicans here do work and work very hard...I have not much to say about the Puerto Rican population here, seems like they are the ones sitting on their asses collecting...and the Mexicans get pissed if you mistake them for a Rican so that tells you something.
you my friend are just a lier it makes no sense to argue this post. Mexicans are pregudice angainst ALL other hispanics ,this is why they are hated. Plus they make All other hispanics who come here legally look bad.
Glowster

United States

#41 May 5, 2009
Ooopps, Liar and prejudice were spelled wrong !
Wake Up

Los Angeles, CA

#42 May 5, 2009
Viva La Reconquista wrote:
---AZTLAN---
-CALIFAS- California
-ARIZA- Arizona
-NEVAZ- Nevada
-UTAZ- Utah
-NUEVO MEXICO- New Mexico
-COLORAZTLAN- Colorado
-TEJAS- Texas
Those words are all SPANISH not mexican you IDIOT!!!!!!
Senior Loco

Stamford, CT

#44 May 5, 2009
Lourdes wrote:
Wikipedia huh
Fear Equals Hate

Redwood City, CA

#45 May 5, 2009
It never surprises me to see how ignorant people can create so much animosity towards each other every time they speak their ignorant minds… Bias sources of information will only perpetuate your ignorance… Stop living in the past… Latin people unite; you already have enough against you. All others, don’t fear the unknown; know the unknown.
hello

York, PA

#46 May 5, 2009
Latin people will never unite because there is so much prejudice among them...Costa Ricans hate the Nicaraguans, Mexicans dislike Puerto Rican's....and so on the whole way down...sure Fear Equals Hate, in an ideal world we could all hold hands and sing Kumbaya! But, I don't see that happening anytime soon. Nice opinion, though.....
Glory

Moreno Valley, CA

#47 May 5, 2009
Death N Taxes wrote:
<quoted text>....Mexicans get preferential treatment? From whom?
Obmamination and his crew.
La Rasa

River Grove, IL

#48 May 5, 2009
Illinois' most prominent Latino politician, Luis Gutierrez, lets people think he's Mexican, but he's really Puerto Rican.
juanpablo

Denver, CO

#49 May 5, 2009
Lourdes wrote:
blah, blah, blah...once 'stinko for miles' always 'stinko for miles' in America
juanpablo

Denver, CO

#50 May 5, 2009
Mexcanmaddog wrote:
No one has ever stopped them from leaving as far as I know...besides, they might have to get a job if they go back to Africa God forbid
Death N Taxes

United States

#51 May 5, 2009
Glory wrote:
<quoted text>Obmamination and his crew.
.....I'm Mexican American (1st generation), and Obama hasn't done squat for me besides raise my income taxes....yes, I'm one of the low-lives some racists on here are talking about and make $250K+/year. Some of these racist posts just show how ignorant and uneducated the posters are.
realist

Dallas, TX

#52 May 5, 2009
Mad as can be wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how many times I've said that...Thank you.
Hello! Your in el paso!! Hispanics/Mexicans are most of the population if you don't like it then move somewhere else.
john

Overland Park, KS

#53 May 5, 2009
Fear Equals Hate wrote:
It never surprises me to see how ignorant people can create so much animosity towards each other every time they speak their ignorant minds… Bias sources of information will only perpetuate your ignorance… Stop living in the past… Latin people unite; you already have enough against you. All others, don’t fear the unknown; know the unknown.
Latinos unite, don't fear the unknown and walk home!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People 31 min Rocky 1
Trump OWES MILLIONS to GOLDMAN 2 hr StupidIsStupid 19
TRAITOR sides with RUSSIA 4 hr ByeByeUSA 2
The TRUMPGATE Disgrace is on it's way to your TV! 22 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 11
Corrupt A.F 22 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 5
Trumps EPA Pick is an OIL INDUSTRY PUPPET! 23 hr Land of TRUMP 1
Trumps BILLIONAIRE Cabinet is taking shape. Scr... Fri Pride in Corruption 3

Richvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance