What if Joe Biden were President?

Posted in the Richvale Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#1 Mar 12, 2014
I think Joe would be very entertaining. I don't know if he drinks or is simply stupid but whenever he talks to the press I get a laugh!
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#2 Mar 12, 2014
My favorite joe line was when he advised young women to get a double barrel shotgun and point it out the door and fire it to scare off would be attackers.

That was truly crazy!
GRANDPA NICOLAI

South San Francisco, CA

#3 Mar 12, 2014
Krankenstein wrote:
I think Joe would be very entertaining. I don't know if he drinks or is simply stupid but whenever he talks to the press I get a laugh!
^
^
^

He would not be a good president, there are certain vps that would be terrible presidents. Al gore and dan Quayle come to mind.

Biden was brought along to secure votes, not run the country!
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#4 Mar 12, 2014
GN

That is true. I will agree with you on that point.

But it could have some great moments if he tried...just sayin
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#5 Mar 12, 2014
>
>
KRANKY,

You are talking to yourself and some yahoo who hijacked my moniker, but what can one expect from someone who thinks Joe got to be VP of the United States just by being stupid...
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#6 Mar 12, 2014
I should have know since his comments were too rational to be coming from you. I actually thought you might be thinking. I am sure sorry to find out the contrary. I will look for Magalia in the future.
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#7 Mar 12, 2014
Biden is really a crackup though. Remember when he was making fun of the east Indians at 7-11 in Philadelphia? I mean really, here is a politician that champions himself a defender of the underdog engaged in public statements that are not only shameful be quite possibly career ending politically. Only the complicit press saved his bacon by not giving it a great deal of publicity.

That is just not SMART!
stoned cold but incollege

Paradise, CA

#8 Mar 13, 2014
Krankmanstine, youshoodnt be toking about our viic prezident liik that! he iz a gude gie!!!
John McPain

Paradise, CA

#9 Mar 13, 2014
There is more below the surface then you know. Joe has had some unfortunate quotes but when you live your life in front of the press it can be expected. I lived in his district when he was in Congress and he is very smart and would be very capable of handling the job of President.

This is a dumb thread!
Progun

San Leandro, CA

#10 Mar 14, 2014
Biden couldn't fail anymore that the current Muslim in chief.
John Profane

Paradise, CA

#11 Mar 14, 2014
Biden is a moron. Seems like he actually told a guy in a wheelchair to standup when he was addressing a town hall meeting. The guy is totally brain dead!!!
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#12 Mar 19, 2014
John McP, you are stupid! Anyone who says the totally crazy stuff that Biden does is either stupid or senile. His remarks go beyond minor unfortunate quotes which might betray some lack of current knowledge to actual lunacy! In my mind, he is a confirmed racist, elitist, anti disabled all combined with a foul mouth.

Good luck living your life in a self induced psychotic bubble world!
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#13 Mar 19, 2014
Diane Feinstein has her gun, Joe Biden has his mouth. Both are dangerous!
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#14 Mar 20, 2014
^
^
Speaking about dangerous, Reagan and bush the W had no brains and look at what happened to America...
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#15 Mar 20, 2014
Reagan singlehandedly ended the cold war and his administration set the stage for the overwhelming economic prosperity that propelled this country through the 90s. GW Bush had to deal with 9/11 which created most of the deficit problems that emanated from his administration. It could not have been helped.

The economic damage that you refer to was the housing meltdown / financial market crisis which can be attributed to 2 main causes:
1. The repeal of the Glass Steagal act by congress and supported by president Clinton
2. The anti discrimination rules that removed a banks ability to screen out certain people when deciding to give mortgage loans which was created by Barney Frank and a predominantly democratic Congressional finance committee.

I love the fact that liberals can create destructive policies and then blame the effects of those policies on conservatives. This is the delusional part that sets libs apart from others. It is also why I think liberalism qualifies as a mental disorder.
Local

Lucerne, CA

#16 Mar 20, 2014
Krankenstein wrote:
Reagan singlehandedly ended the cold war and his administration set the stage for the overwhelming economic prosperity that propelled this country through the 90s. GW Bush had to deal with 9/11 which created most of the deficit problems that emanated from his administration. It could not have been helped.
The economic damage that you refer to was the housing meltdown / financial market crisis which can be attributed to 2 main causes:
1. The repeal of the Glass Steagal act by congress and supported by president Clinton
2. The anti discrimination rules that removed a banks ability to screen out certain people when deciding to give mortgage loans which was created by Barney Frank and a predominantly democratic Congressional finance committee.
I love the fact that liberals can create destructive policies and then blame the effects of those policies on conservatives. This is the delusional part that sets libs apart from others. It is also why I think liberalism qualifies as a mental disorder.
You are exactly correct.

9/11 happened shortly after the end of the Clinton administration. It took years to plan the attack on the world trade center and ALL of the planning occurred on Clinton's watch..........and
the housing meltdown was a direct result of Clinton signing the repeal of the Glass Steagall act into law.
Clinton demanded the inclusion of mandatory low income(inner city) bank loans(amendments to CRA) as part of the whole deal of the FINANCE MODERNIZATION ACT OF 1999 which set our economy on a course of destruction. It just took 7 years for the ponzi scheme to manifest and the W. administration was in NO position to stop it......thanks to the liberal congress that existed during his last 4 years in office.

Foreclosed: Blame Bill Clinton’s Repeal of Glass-Steagall
http://thestrangedeathofliberalamerica.com/fo...
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#17 Mar 20, 2014
^
^
Baloney!

Administration have been fighting the cold war since the Truman administration to claim that "Reagan single-handedly ended the cold war is disingenuous at best, but we have come to expect that from what passes for modern day conservatives.

The repeal of the Glass Steagall act had its genesis in the Reagan administration and it was bird dogged by Republicans, SOLUTION explained that that to you guys dozens of times, but facts do not penetrate conservative skulls.

Regan's so called "tax revolution" began the downfall of the American middle class and set the stage for our present day financial woes.

FACT, knock knock…

The "liberal Congress that existed during bush the W's last 4 years pales in comparison to the T bagging Congress that President OBAMA has to deal with...
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#18 Mar 20, 2014
^
^
^
You are wrong. Reagan did not support the repeal of the Glass Steagal act. It was the result of bank and insurance company lobbying at the Klintong whitehouse! The Reagan tax revolution was part of the terrific boost that combined with high tech development created such a boom in our economy.

The biggest threat to our middle class is the deficit because there is not enough wealth in the upper class to pay it off and the upper class will move their assets off shore where middle class Americans do not have that option. They are stuck here paying the bill. A bill that is more and more being created by social programs which are encouraging more and more Americans not to work or create. The payoff for the democrats is a larger voting block afraid of losing their cash cow benefits. It is a short run thoughtless strategy that depends upon smoke and mirrors to fool the people into believing that everything will be alright.

GN, you fundamentally do not understand what is going on economically in this country and show no open mindedness to learning how economics and the free market benefit our country. I was educated in one of the top 5 universities on the west coast and have a long history of business. I know what I am talking about!
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#19 Mar 20, 2014
^
^
KRANKY,

If I were you I would not brag of being educated in Chico State, especially when it was known as the top party school USA, and if perchance you attended some other Ca University I would definitely request my money back.

Reagan was a champion of deregulation and he took it (deregulation) to the extremes, he was definitely in favor of getting rid of Glass Steagall and he passed the baton to Bush H (the smarter Bush) only Volcker stood in their way.

The "Reagan tax break" was a munificent present to the monied and it might have created a short lived illusion of a boom, but it ended up decimating the American middle class, add to that…

bush the W's tax breaks and the phony wars and you have the perfect recipe for the worst recession since the great depression.
Krankenstein

Yuba City, CA

#20 Mar 20, 2014
Believe it or not, a few of us hard core conservatives actually graduated from UC Berkeley. I am surprised that you think so little of Chico State. As far as I am concerned, Chico is lucky to have that quality of a school in this part of CA.

You have conceded to a short lived allusion of a boom which really means that you cannot refute what I have said with any great detail other then referring to what I remember as being an "allusion" . The allusion must have been pretty good because it lasted through the late 80's until 2000.

You are incorrect about Glass Steagall repeal. It was not even considered on Reagans watch.

Your hatred of people with money shines through in all your statements. You suffer from a class envy complex and are seeking to use the laws of the US to get even with those that you have identified as having too much. I am not rich but I have no problem with those who are. If I work hard enough then someday I might make it there.

You should consider taking stock of your own motivations, this is not a healthy pursuit on your part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Voter Suppression in Alabama is Cause for Feder... 6 hr Zack Klein 11
Can We Trust the FBI? 7 hr Godfrey 1
Richest Counties In America. They would be Libs 7 hr Godfrey 3
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr Bamboo 72,043
News Former Chico city councilor faces campaign viol... 10 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 1
News Wood fire advisory issued Tuesday for fourth ti... 10 hr Paul Bunyan 1
Alabamians turned the "Yella Dog" Moore into RO... 11 hr a-citizen 3

Richvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richvale Mortgages