Arborist fights city to save historic walnut trees in Chico

Jul 2, 2013 Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

Plans to cut down six walnut trees have infuriated an area arborist who says the city of Chico is sacrificing historic trees for the sake of better sidewalks and to boost to its coffers.

Full Story
Georgia Bandy

Concord, CA

#1 Jul 2, 2013
You have destroyed so much of Bidwell Park...and now, the Walnut trees Chico are being destroyed!??! The park and the trees were what made Chico a beautiful place to be! Chico is unrecognizable; the creek water is redistributed for a fake sub-division lake ( kids can't jump into a swimming hole or tube from upper -park to lower park), the traffic is like the Bay area,,the population is not based upon local agricultural families anymore, and the downtown plaza is flat out atrocious looking! II agree taking the Walnut trees for urban necessity should be a definite "NO", but look what happened to Annie Bidwell's wish of not cutting any of her beloved trees in that gorgeous park she planted around that "Big Chico" creek that is hardly a trickle! I say," Shame on you Chico!" I almost cry when I see the shape of the town I grew up in, it's sort of day late and dollar short, don't you think!
Grandpa

Redding, CA

#2 Jul 2, 2013
Big Chico Creek being redistributed to a fake lake. Are you sure ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are Many College Profs Anti-American 1 hr I voted did you 10
We passed 18 trillion in debt this week 1 hr I voted did you 36
BO is a Communist & U. Teachers Love it. 1 hr I voted did you 10
Many Teachers Hate the Country They Live In 1 hr Nice job libtards 3
Impeachment is the only answer (Jun '14) 3 hr I voted did you 197
methhead thinks O. North was the POTUS 3 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 22
Feinstein Got Her Pants In A Wad 4 hr Not a donkey 33
Richvale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web