Death Notices for Oct. 25

Death Notices for Oct. 25

There are 7 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Oct 24, 2013, titled Death Notices for Oct. 25. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Edward Opatrny, 77, of Chico, died Wednesday, Oct. 23, 2013, in Chico. Arrangements are under the direction of Bidwell Chapel, 342-4291.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

John Cleveland

Vancouver, WA

#1 Nov 4, 2013
Ed was an awesome man, he was my uncle by marriage and taught me a lot. I only wish that I was allowed to see him before he passed. His work ethic will stay with me for all my days.
Cynthia Cleveland

Spokane, WA

#2 Nov 11, 2013
John Cleveland wrote:
Ed was an awesome man, he was my uncle by marriage and taught me a lot. I only wish that I was allowed to see him before he passed. His work ethic will stay with me for all my days.
I wish you could have seen him too. His work ethic was truly the best. But also his caring and helping others was the greatest.
Cynthia Cleveland

Spokane, WA

#3 Nov 11, 2013
My uncle by marriage passed on to Heaven October 23, 2013. He will always be remembered by many for all the great things he did, from helping people build houses; to his drop box service. He was always great with our kids, showing them how to do different things and even picking berries out by the creek. His wife Florence was a true definition of a help mate always by his side helping with many of the jobs they did together. Ed and Flo made there home in the Chico Canyon and were married 37 years. Ed and Flo both helped with the restoration of the Honey Run Covered bridge. Ed will be missed for sure, loved the conversation we use to have, Ed was an outside man and loved nature, he could tell you all about the different kinds of birds and animals that were around their property. How do you say good bye to someone with so much knowledge. We love you Uncle ED.
Tamara Murray

Spokane, WA

#4 Nov 11, 2013
I had the opportunity to live with my uncle Ed while I was growing up...I learned a great deal about dedication and hard work. He showed me how to line a hook to fish and explore the great Honey Run Canyon. Later years included him taking my children to pick wild berries (most recent 2006) around his property in the canyon. This is an experience me and my children will never forget. He will be missed.
Joshua Cleveland

Rapid City, SD

#5 Nov 11, 2013
There were so many life lessons learned out on Grandma Flo and Uncle Ed's property. Learned to drive a stick shift at age 12, Uncle Ed built us a go cart that had no brakes (just a clutch to disengage the drive shaft), regardless it was an awesome ride. Going fishing, tubing down the creek, having daily chores that taught you the meaning of no play until work is done. We rode Honda 90 trail bikes that Uncle Ed had purchased 3 broken ones for a guy in Paradise and was able to get two of them working just by swapping parts around. We also got to ride a three wheeler that Uncle ED built from different parts from the junkyard. Uncle Ed worked from sunup until after sun down many days and never complained. Uncle Ed was an extremely handy person that could tackle any job head on and eventually come out with positive results. The best word I can think of for Uncle Ed is resourceful, he did not believe in the throwaway society that the world has become and could make just about anything work once again. Love you and miss you, but will always keep these memories close to my heart.
Tamara Murray

Spokane, WA

#6 Nov 12, 2013
Joshua Cleveland wrote:
There were so many life lessons learned out on Grandma Flo and Uncle Ed's property. Learned to drive a stick shift at age 12, Uncle Ed built us a go cart that had no brakes (just a clutch to disengage the drive shaft), regardless it was an awesome ride. Going fishing, tubing down the creek, having daily chores that taught you the meaning of no play until work is done. We rode Honda 90 trail bikes that Uncle Ed had purchased 3 broken ones for a guy in Paradise and was able to get two of them working just by swapping parts around. We also got to ride a three wheeler that Uncle ED built from different parts from the junkyard. Uncle Ed worked from sunup until after sun down many days and never complained. Uncle Ed was an extremely handy person that could tackle any job head on and eventually come out with positive results. The best word I can think of for Uncle Ed is resourceful, he did not believe in the throwaway society that the world has become and could make just about anything work once again. Love you and miss you, but will always keep these memories close to my heart.

Could not have said it better myself baby bro...thanks for sharing the memories...
John Cleveland

Vancouver, WA

#7 Nov 12, 2013
Tamara Murray wrote:
<quoted text>
Could not have said it better myself baby bro...thanks for sharing the memories...
Im glad you all could post something in remembrance of Uncle ed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richvale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The New "Conservative" 2 hr Liberals for Trump 3
President Trump Puts Millions To Work 2 hr Godfrey 17
Roy Moore; The PERFECT Nazi Republican Evangeli... 5 hr U suc Don Jr Tex 8
Donald Trump Jr to be Sobpoenaed to "LIE BEFORE... 5 hr Let them fly Don Jr 1
Is CARBON CO2 a Conservaperv Thingy? 5 hr Jesus told me so 1
Be Proud RIGHT WINGTURDS!!! 5 hr First Amendment 6
HOW to BECOME a RIGHT WING DUPE 5 hr First Amendment 22

Richvale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance