Steger news by residents
Bitter-Sweet

Crown Point, IN

#10598 Nov 18, 2012
From what I understand - the Santa Claus Parade in Steger is this Saturday, November 24th. They will also be collecting food for the needy. They also pick up curb side. I heard that providing Juice for a needy family with children is an excellent treat. For your information. I'll be getting some small canned hams to celebrate this festive season - along with Cranberry Juice. A little goes a long way.
Resident

Homewood, IL

#10599 Nov 18, 2012
you no nothing wrote:
for your info another hole in the wall has had many show's and no incident's there are many parent's that attend the venue with there children and enjoy the music and as for what has happened was not there fault you can't stop what goes on outside what you should be worrying about is all the gun fire in the streets by butler I hear that it has happened more than once there are so many family's on those street's and how do you call other town kids rat's when there are plenty in our streets they stand on corners screening bad thing's at cars going by and as far as the kids that work at the venue if you knew anything their not Kids they know what their doing and were not involved with what happened outside so please before you knock another hole you should take a look at this town because this is happening all over not just here and the venue has plenty of camera's so there isn't to many things that can't be seen on them and everybody at another hole in the wall has family's to. there are so many other thing's to be worrying about that are far more important.the venue is not a bad place you should come to a show once and see for yourself how it is everybody there is very nice and has great music.so please let another hole in the wall have a chance to stay open and keep having show's they rockkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Holy run on sentence!!!!
Resident

Homewood, IL

#10600 Nov 18, 2012
Don wrote:
Another hole in the wall!!! My security handled the problem inside the venue!!! To different bands didn't like each other. The one band wanted to go on wright now and they had to wait ten more minutes. And then the one band went after the promoter and my security jumped into action and handled it!! we threw the trash out. So they went to there cars and the one guy pulled out a gun and shot up in the air out side of Ma's wholesale. We have every thing on camera!!! So when people talk stupid and not knowing what they are talking about then please talk to me or the manager Darlene!!! I will show you what is on camera!! We can not let these terrorists punks run us out!! And doing drive by's in are neighborhood shooting at are homes. Let's work with the police and help them get ride of the trash!!!
True or false.?. The promoter was taken to the hospital due to injuries he sustained inside the club by the band?
Correction

Homewood, IL

#10601 Nov 18, 2012
true
Disappointed

Schererville, IN

#10602 Nov 18, 2012
The trees on the boulevard look so nice and festive when they are all decorated. Our family decided to support the village and decorate one this year. It is a shame that just hours after the lights and star were put up today that someone had to go and steal the star. It really makes it hard to keep trying to make a difference when there are so many people out there that don't seem to appreciate anything nice.
papaadoc

Herriman, UT

#10603 Nov 18, 2012
Steger man killed after van rolls over on Interstate 94. Dennis Moore 32.

story at link below.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/illinois/s...
Streets

Chicago Heights, IL

#10604 Nov 19, 2012
Talked to Allied, the street sweeping will continue today and tomorrow....19th-20th.
Concerned in Steger

Chicago, IL

#10605 Nov 19, 2012
Streets wrote:
Talked to Allied, the street sweeping will continue today and tomorrow....19th-20th.
Went down one side of my street an hour ago.
diversion

Quincy, IL

#10606 Nov 19, 2012
papaadoc wrote:
Steger man killed after van rolls over on Interstate 94. Dennis Moore 32.
story at link below.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/illinois/s...
Maybe that man from Steger is from the colonies and possibly reason for channel 7 camera crews to have been there Sun. PM?!? So far, have heard no reason for channel 7's crew to have been there.
Streets

Chicago Heights, IL

#10607 Nov 19, 2012
Concerned in Steger wrote:
<quoted text>
Went down one side of my street an hour ago.
Where are you at ?...east/west
Concerned in Steger

Chicago, IL

#10608 Nov 19, 2012
Streets wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you at ?...east/west
Will county, near Halsted.
ron whitiker steger il

Alsip, IL

#10609 Nov 19, 2012
why are all you people worried about useless crap--read back all the bull that goes on on topix--i agree with that anoying guy -you must be all old people to sit here and gossip all the time--and also agree about the same people posting under many names--get real--so long topix
streets

Chicago Heights, IL

#10610 Nov 19, 2012
<quoted text>
Will county, near Halsted.
OK....I'm east of Chicago Rd. So maybe tomorrow for me, thanks.
Curious

Chicago Heights, IL

#10612 Nov 19, 2012
Just out of curiousity ... anyone know what type of business Herr's Display Vans on Holeman Ave is? Everytime I drive by I can't figure it out and I don't know why, but it's bothering me.:)
Concerned in Steger

Cedar Lake, IN

#10613 Nov 20, 2012
Curious wrote:
Just out of curiousity ... anyone know what type of business Herr's Display Vans on Holeman Ave is? Everytime I drive by I can't figure it out and I don't know why, but it's bothering me.:)
It looks like they customize the interiors of trucks.

Here's their link;
http://www.herrdisplayvans.com/index.html
watcher

Chicago Heights, IL

#10614 Nov 20, 2012
<quoted text>
It looks like they customize the interiors of trucks.
Here's their link;
http://www.herrdisplayvans.com/index.html
They build and repair tool trucks, Matco, Mac, Cornwell, Snapon. They get a new box truck and put all the stuff in the back to display tools.
rumors

Chicago Heights, IL

#10615 Nov 20, 2012
I heard that there was a home that was burglarized in our area. And that a neigborhood man was arrested and is certain to go to prison. Hes the same one that just got out of jail for breaking into cars in the area. Does anyone have info about this???

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#10616 Nov 20, 2012
What area would that be?
rumors

Chicago Heights, IL

#10617 Nov 20, 2012
Lifer looking to leave wrote:
What area would that be?
I dont know what area the recent robbery happened. But the cars were broken into in march april and may. All of them happened on sangamon, carpenter and susan lane.
Stegerfox

Chicago Heights, IL

#10618 Nov 20, 2012
East side had trucks up and down today, the kids loved it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richton Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tax fund embezzler working in Frankfort, IL school 16 hr Dave G 7
She is running again 17 hr not good 4
Oak Forest loses another business 19 hr Resdient Elect 2
Review: Public Moving and Storage 20 hr stephen 149
Castaways Fri Narry G 11
recount going for Hillary in wisconsin Thu Its black thing 8
A cowardly excuse for a man Thu Dan Wesson 54

Richton Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance