ALNAC says villages' TIF money spent ...

ALNAC says villages' TIF money spent properly

There are 1 comment on the The Times story from Dec 23, 2006, titled ALNAC says villages' TIF money spent properly. In it, The Times reports that:

Abraham Lincoln National Airport Commission officials still have some spare change left to spend after they asked local communities to donate to a media campaign this spring.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times.

Paul Jasinevicius

United States

#1 Jan 1, 2007
What was on the menu at the Friends of ALNAC luncheon that costs $30,000?

What was the cost of mailing the brochures? What did the brochures say? Did the brochure say help bring economic development to Park Forest? Harvey? Chicago Heights? Our TIF districts?

TIF funds are to be used within the footprint of the TIF that was created, and no town TIF has a footprint in Peotone.

Non Home Rule communities are not members of ALNAC so why were there funds not returned, regardless of how the money was spent or how the law was interpreted? Public funds are not to be used for political agendas or lobbying efforts to promote one congressman's personal agenda...or am misinterpretting the Illinois Laws?

Since the as campaign generated very few calls to the governor, I hope that the lunch menu for the Friends of ALNAC included lobster and crab. My Park Forest tax dollars were spent on this failed as campaign when it could have been used to promote our golf course or other recreational amenities.

Shame on all who succumbed to this political pressure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richton Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Post Office (Mar '17) 3 hr huh 12
Shitstain 20 hr trebec 23
Midlo post office 20 hr Mad here 1
Amazon 21 hr Loren M 1
Beecher Chief of Police (Oct '14) 21 hr happy 17
Garafalos Finer Foods (Jun '10) Sun david mazzotti 13
Bremen Assistant Principal Sexual Harassment (Jan '16) Sun Sad 60

Richton Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance