Why They Hate Obama

Aug 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily Beast

As the Virginia Flaggers loft their Confederate flag in opposition to the 'tyranny' of 2013, Jamelle Bouie argues that racial bias plays at least some part in Obama's collapse in the South.

Comments
6,361 - 6,380 of 11,717 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7069 Feb 3, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>they can always change companies...
are you sure you even know what you are talking about here? it doesn't seem like it.
‘Parallel universe’: Woman spends 6 weeks trying to disenroll from ObamaCare

Think it's hard to enroll in ObamaCare? Try getting out of it.

Missouri resident Lesli Hill learned the hard way that terminating an Affordable Care Act plan can be far more difficult than navigating the website to buy one. She spent six weeks being bounced from operator to operator, calling the help line, using the online chat, blasting out emails to anyone who would listen, before ultimately driving to Kansas City last week to enlist her insurance company's help. Only then was she able to break through the bureaucratic logjam, and cancel her policy.

Click link below to read the full article

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/20/pa...

HealthCare.gov can’t handle appeals of enrollment errors

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#7070 Feb 3, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course if you weren't a partisan moron, you'd know that European politics of austerity have created that sitution. Where we've at least tried a LITTLE stimulus, here in America, we've had a better recovery and a lower unemployment rate.
Which would be better still but for the obstructionist idiots whose shiny black boots you gladly lick...
European austerity is a result of liberal mismanagement.

In France, the govt. is so obese, you have major in bureaucracy to get a job.

Policy making in the French political system is strongly influenced by an elite corps of former and current civil servants. Whereas in England the bureaucrats seldom held elected governmental or outside positions, in France political parties, the National Assembly, the Cabinet, and big business are dominated by former civil servants.

The elite, or "political class", in France are a relatively small group (15-20,000), the top level of which are sometimes called The Grands Corps. The vast majority of the current political decision makers are drawn from the The Grands Corps. The recruitment base of the highest levels of civil service is extremely narrow, and even though the government has attempted to broaden the base, the ranking bureaucracy has formed a virtual hereditary class.

The entire French bureaucracy is huge, including today about 2 1/2 million people. The strength of the bureaucracy is historical, going back to the days of the absolute monarchs, and its influence is reinforced by the tradition of statism.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#7071 Feb 3, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
so close your eyes the next time you get teabagged in a port a potty at the local park..
What's been seen cannot be unseen.......like your fascist mouthpiece, Crushed Limpballs and his bloviating, gaseous goiter, vomiting hatred and racism.

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#7072 Feb 3, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies roll off your lips as fast as other things.......wipe your chin.
And yet another, pointless, drive by posting......don't damage your gnarled digits typing, Grampy, you've still got nothing!

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#7073 Feb 3, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe, but that puts liberals level with the bottom of the ocean.
Was that suppose to be funny?

“Angry Antlers ”

Miami

#7074 Feb 3, 2014
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's why many French doctors moved to Canada and the US. You have some strange concepts coming from ignorance.
Total bullcrap, of course, but truth and honesty in reporting has never been a hallmark of the Rethuglican Reich.
benson

Richmond, VA

#7075 Feb 3, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Coloradans are tired of paying for NY welfare mooches too.
Well do tell.....who is going to bail out Colorado for all those dope heads, slackers and drug treatment facilities.
Yeah i here yah.....they might just want to take a look at Owsley County, Kentucky where 99.22 % of the population is white and 95% of them are republicans. It has the highest useage of SNAP benefits in the nation. NY will be fine, its the comPALINing hillbillies they need to step back.
benson

Richmond, VA

#7076 Feb 3, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct, but the way we are doing it now is the correct way. In five or so years, we need to examine the good and bad about state legalization of marijuana and then decide if it should be allowed to spread or be put to a stop.
I've witnessed several bad situations with pot. I've lost friends that just got too weird and paranoid because of pot.
Years ago I used to teach at a music shop. One of my students was a very young and pretty girl. I enjoyed teaching her. One day I came to work to find out she dropped guitar lessons. I was greatly disappointed. She seemed to be enjoying it and was advancing at a moderate rate.
After I quit that job, I got a phone call from my former student about a year or so later. She wanted to return to lessons and asked if I would teach from my home which I was doing at the time. When she came over, I asked why she dropped out of lessons with no warning? She admitted her mother forced her out of lessons and all activity outside of school. She was just about failing school and her mother put her into rehab. She said she went from a failing student to nearly straight A's. Her plans were to get into a good college. She said as much as she loved pot, there was no way for her to take learning seriously while using it. She didn't see what it was doing to her.
See what you white ppl. have done.....you ppl have ushered in a whole new culture of misfits that will be running this counrty in the near future. Are you ppl. proud of your wicked azz ways.
benson

Richmond, VA

#7077 Feb 3, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Unemployment doesn't pay near $17 an hour, don't know where you get that figure. But clearly it pays enough to make people just sit on their butts.
Speaking of welfare recipients....I don't see you harping on those hillbillies in Owsley County, KY where 99.22% of the population is white and 95% are republican are on the public dole.
It has the highest useage of SNAP benefits in the USA. I don't hear those republicans rejecting any gov't assistance. Sittin' on their butts eh......white ppl. say the darndest things.
benson

Richmond, VA

#7078 Feb 3, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Anthem Blue Cross raises rates … again
Posted on January 30, 2014
Josh Libresco of San Rafael opened his mail to find out Anthem Blue Cross is again raising his rates, this time by 19.3 percent effective April 1.
He’s among the nearly 300,000 Anthem Blue Cross customers in California facing rate increases averaging 16 percent, and some as high as 25 percent.
These increases do not affect policies that comply with the federal health law and that are sold through Covered California, the state health exchange. Rather, these are what are known as “grandfathered” policies, those that existed before March 2010 and do not meet the requirements of Obamacare.
“They’re just going to keep doing whatever they can get away with,” said Libresco, 58, who has opted not to change policies or buy coverage through Covered California because he’s not eligible for financial subsidies that could lower his costs and he hasn’t yet found a better deal. But considering he’ll soon be paying more than $2,000 a month for his family’s policy, he’ll keep looking.
Anthem said the increases average 15.8 percent, though some customers may see a decrease in their rates. Spokesman Darrel Ng said the new rates affect about 20 percent of all its individual policyholders.
“This rate filing reinforces the fact that escalating health care costs are an economic reality faced by the entire industry,” Ng said.
Anthem’s proposed 2010 rate increases of some 39 percent were widely seen as helping to propel the debate that led to the signing of the Affordable Care Act.
State Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones said rates keep going up, and nothing in Obamacare prevents that.
Earlier this month, Jones railed against Blue Shield of California for imposing an “unreasonable” rate increase average of 9.8 percent on its grandfather policyholders. He said he’s asking Anthem for additional data and expects to decide in the next few days whether the rate increases are justified or not.
But even then, there’s not much he can do about it. The state insurance regulator lacks the authority to reject excessive rate hikes.
“The rates for many products being sold in 2014 are higher than 2013, and I think we’re going to continue to see increases in the individual, small group and large group markets in California,” Jones said.
http://blog.sfgate.com/chronrx/2014/01/30/ant...
Price increases are inevitable....the greed factor reins. Its not a damn thing you can do about it. Pay up sucker, you're screwed.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#7079 Feb 3, 2014
harmonious wrote:
Coloradans are tired of paying for NY welfare mooches too.
Boy you have that one ass backwards;

"Colorado operates on an annual budget cycle. Its fiscal year begins July 1.

Colorado's total budget for FY2013 was approximately $20 billion. Lawmakers controlled only a portion of that budget, and that portion included the $7.4 billion General Fund that lawmakers approved in April 2012.[1] Governor John Hickenlooper signed the state budget into law on May 7, 2012.[2] It increases spending more than 6 percent over the prior year.[3]

As of August 2012, Colorado had a total state debt of approximately $78,514,721, when calculated by adding the total of outstanding official debt, pension and other post-employment benefits (OPEB) liabilities, Unemployment Trust Fund loans, and FY2013 budget gap.[4] The debt total is less than the prior year's total of $80,386,294,000.[5] "

http://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_state_budget

11 New York 201,168 151,719 49,449 16.7% 12.6% 4.1%
12 Connecticut 47,263 39,266 7,997 20.6% 17.1% 3.5%
13 New Jersey 111,377 94,236 17,142 21.9% 18.6% 3.4%
14 Colorado 41,253 33,515 7,738 15.1% 12.2% 2.8%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_taxation...

Another illiterate moron infects Topix.

NY gets $0.79 for every $1.00 we contribute.

We also have a 2 billion dollar budget surplus this year, our state revenue is FIVE TIMES YOUR STATE!

You guys are trying to play catch up by selling weed - good luck with that moron!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7080 Feb 3, 2014
benson wrote:
<quoted text>
Price increases are inevitable....the greed factor reins. Its not a damn thing you can do about it. Pay up sucker, you're screwed.
You just proved that you are on Medicaid which your reply confirms it.

“Pillars of Creation....”

Since: Jan 11

Into this world we're thrown

#7081 Feb 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no deflection, just pointing out the idiocy of that statement.
why do you blame others for what you eat? were you force fed? how?
The idiocy of my statement?

Go back and read it again. Then point out to me where I wrote anything at all about my diet or my health. I gave you facts. You choose to ignore them and attack me personally. You lose..........

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Huntington, NY

#7082 Feb 4, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy you have that one ass backwards;
"Colorado operates on an annual budget cycle. Its fiscal year begins July 1.
Colorado's total budget for FY2013 was approximately $20 billion. Lawmakers controlled only a portion of that budget, and that portion included the $7.4 billion General Fund that lawmakers approved in April 2012.[1] Governor John Hickenlooper signed the state budget into law on May 7, 2012.[2] It increases spending more than 6 percent over the prior year.[3]
As of August 2012, Colorado had a total state debt of approximately $78,514,721, when calculated by adding the total of outstanding official debt, pension and other post-employment benefits (OPEB) liabilities, Unemployment Trust Fund loans, and FY2013 budget gap.[4] The debt total is less than the prior year's total of $80,386,294,000.[5] "
http://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_state_budget
11 New York 201,168 151,719 49,449 16.7% 12.6% 4.1%
12 Connecticut 47,263 39,266 7,997 20.6% 17.1% 3.5%
13 New Jersey 111,377 94,236 17,142 21.9% 18.6% 3.4%
14 Colorado 41,253 33,515 7,738 15.1% 12.2% 2.8%
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_taxation...
Another illiterate moron infects Topix.
NY gets $0.79 for every $1.00 we contribute.
We also have a 2 billion dollar budget surplus this year, our state revenue is FIVE TIMES YOUR STATE!
You guys are trying to play catch up by selling weed - good luck with that moron!
As of October 2012, Colorado's total state debt per capita was $15,344.51. Only half the people pay taxes, so double it per taxpayer. That means most of the taxes people pay goes to interest on past debt.

Colorado is not nearly as broke as NY, NJ, CA, or IL, but it's bad enough. States can't print money. All they can do is tax their businesses and people out of the state.

According to a 2012 study by 24/7 Wall Street, Illinois is the 48 worst run state taking into account debt per capita, budget deficits, unemployment, median household income, and the percentage of the percentage of the population below the poverty line. The best run state is North Dakota and the worst run state is California since liberals started running it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#7083 Feb 4, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
European austerity is a result of liberal mismanagement.
In France, the govt. is so obese, you have major in bureaucracy to get a job.
Policy making in the French political system is strongly influenced by an elite corps of former and current civil servants. Whereas in England the bureaucrats seldom held elected governmental or outside positions, in France political parties, the National Assembly, the Cabinet, and big business are dominated by former civil servants.
The elite, or "political class", in France are a relatively small group (15-20,000), the top level of which are sometimes called The Grands Corps. The vast majority of the current political decision makers are drawn from the The Grands Corps. The recruitment base of the highest levels of civil service is extremely narrow, and even though the government has attempted to broaden the base, the ranking bureaucracy has formed a virtual hereditary class.
The entire French bureaucracy is huge, including today about 2 1/2 million people. The strength of the bureaucracy is historical, going back to the days of the absolute monarchs, and its influence is reinforced by the tradition of statism.
yes, it is, and yet as both you and i pointed out, they are doing better than the US economically....

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#7084 Feb 4, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
As of October 2012, Colorado's total state debt per capita was $15,344.51. Only half the people pay taxes, so double it per taxpayer. That means most of the taxes people pay goes to interest on past debt.
Colorado is not nearly as broke as NY, NJ, CA, or IL, but it's bad enough. States can't print money. All they can do is tax their businesses and people out of the state.
According to a 2012 study by 24/7 Wall Street, Illinois is the 48 worst run state taking into account debt per capita, budget deficits, unemployment, median household income, and the percentage of the percentage of the population below the poverty line. The best run state is North Dakota and the worst run state is California since liberals started running it.
The adjunct professor is obviously not up on the news - why you come here to consistently be beat down like a fool is beyond comprehension;

"SACRAMENTO -- The Democratic-controlled state Legislature on Friday overwhelmingly approved a moderate budget that saves some new revenues for a rainy day and pays down California's massive debt while still beefing up K-12 education spending by billions of dollars.

The $96.3 billion budget -- the third-biggest ever -- was mostly guided by Gov. Jerry Brown and includes new funding to help middle-class families afford college tuition, subsidize child care for working families and restore dental services to the poor. The budget also helps keep trial courts open, gives a hand to welfare recipients looking to jump to the middle class and provides more mental health services for those in need.

But most of the new revenues from the budget, bolstered by the recovering economy and tax hikes approved by voters in November, will fund K-12 education. Every public school district will get more money to spend per pupil, while disadvantaged students will get even more funding.

Gone, at least this year, are the deep deficits and harsh negotiations that have highlighted budget talks in the state Capitol over the past half-decade."

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_23462243/califo...

"California now has so much projected revenue that Sacramento legislators don't what to do with it, The New York Times' Adam Nagourney reports.

The final budget surplus figure for 2014 will fall somewhere between $1.2 and $4.4 billion, depending on who's counting.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/california-con...

Even Arnold never accomplished this you imbecile.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7085 Feb 4, 2014
fingiswold wrote:
<quoted text>
Literally insane. You should be re-institutionalized.
I have been, in the I hate communist fan club of America.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#7086 Feb 4, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
The adjunct professor is obviously not up on the news - why you come here to consistently be beat down like a fool is beyond comprehension;
"SACRAMENTO -- The Democratic-controlled state Legislature on Friday overwhelmingly approved a moderate budget that saves some new revenues for a rainy day and pays down California's massive debt while still beefing up K-12 education spending by billions of dollars.
The $96.3 billion budget -- the third-biggest ever -- was mostly guided by Gov. Jerry Brown and includes new funding to help middle-class families afford college tuition, subsidize child care for working families and restore dental services to the poor. The budget also helps keep trial courts open, gives a hand to welfare recipients looking to jump to the middle class and provides more mental health services for those in need.
But most of the new revenues from the budget, bolstered by the recovering economy and tax hikes approved by voters in November, will fund K-12 education. Every public school district will get more money to spend per pupil, while disadvantaged students will get even more funding.
Gone, at least this year, are the deep deficits and harsh negotiations that have highlighted budget talks in the state Capitol over the past half-decade."
"California now has so much projected revenue that Sacramento legislators don't what to do with it, The New York Times' Adam Nagourney reports.
The final budget surplus figure for 2014 will fall somewhere between $1.2 and $4.4 billion, depending on who's counting.
Only liberals would spend billions more when their state is rated 47th in education..........proving once more the care nothing about education or the children.

“bar0ckalypse N0W”

Huntington, NY

#7087 Feb 4, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Arnold is the reason for it. He spent his entire tenure dealing with liberal waste, fraud and abuse.

This is the fruits of that labor.

brown raised taxes, forcing more businesses to Texas.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#7088 Feb 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>wow! you had the balls to show your face again after making such a foolish ass of yourself and being totally called out on it? you must be really stupid!
and then i pointed out what an as you made of yourself on the president has failed up thread also...
your batting a thousand tonight, idiot! 9and too stupid to know what a fool you are making of yourself!
Ahhhh .... once again proclaiming victory to an empty room. And then you call others fools. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scumbag having affair with staff member 47 min roundpicvic 2
Huge Asteroid to Hit The Earth 5 hr jkkk 2
Hidden building at Byrd Park Sun jkkk 2
Higher gas prices expected after refinery fire (Aug '12) Aug 29 Tuco Blondie 10
SOL scores a mixed bag for area schools Aug 28 Rife 1
Debate: Marijuana - Richmond, VA (Aug '10) Aug 28 salvismorey 114
30mg Aug 27 jkkk 2
•••
•••
•••