Students get free shoes before the st...

Students get free shoes before the start of school

There are 12 comments on the WTVR Richmond story from Sep 3, 2012, titled Students get free shoes before the start of school. In it, WTVR Richmond reports that:

Before returning to school Tuesday, hundreds of students received free shoes during an event Monday at the Second Baptist Church in South Richmond.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR Richmond.

Since: Sep 11

Midlothian, VA

#1 Sep 3, 2012
I am glad these young people are getting much needed new shoes, it is very important for growing children to have shoes that fit. I am however saddened that so many parents have had, and continue to have, children they cannot afford. What kind of message does this send? The very first sentence of this article says "hundreds of students receive free shoes". Hundreds? And these are just the students that knew about it. Where is the line of child neglect? I know that hard times can fall on anyone, and that there are other circumstances that require a family to need temporary assistance, but I do believe that in many cases it is self-induced. Birth control was not just invented, the methods are no longer hidden underneath the counter at the drug store, sex education has been taught in school for several generations, and people of all ages speak openly of sex. There is no reason at all for people to be bringing people into this world when they are unable to support them.

Thank God there are places like the Second Baptist Church, that are willing and able to step in and provide for these children. And thank God there are so many people (including me) that donate new school supplies to those students in need. And SHAME on those people that continue to bring children into the world that they are unable to support, never were able to support, and will likely never be able to support.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#2 Sep 4, 2012
Glen Allen wrote:
I am glad these young people are getting much needed new shoes, it is very important for growing children to have shoes that fit. I am however saddened that so many parents have had, and continue to have, children they cannot afford. What kind of message does this send? The very first sentence of this article says "hundreds of students receive free shoes". Hundreds? And these are just the students that knew about it. Where is the line of child neglect? I know that hard times can fall on anyone, and that there are other circumstances that require a family to need temporary assistance, but I do believe that in many cases it is self-induced. Birth control was not just invented, the methods are no longer hidden underneath the counter at the drug store, sex education has been taught in school for several generations, and people of all ages speak openly of sex. There is no reason at all for people to be bringing people into this world when they are unable to support them.
Thank God there are places like the Second Baptist Church, that are willing and able to step in and provide for these children. And thank God there are so many people (including me) that donate new school supplies to those students in need. And SHAME on those people that continue to bring children into the world that they are unable to support, never were able to support, and will likely never be able to support.
So many ppl. are not as fortunate as you. Thank God that your needs were supplied. On the other hand God knows what He is doing when children are born into this world. He never consults humans as to the when, why, how, what his plans are for all those babies born to rich/poor folk. I'm so glad those babies didn't get aborted. Never know Gods reasoning behind all the things we see and don't see. Just trust God, its His world ya know.

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

#3 Sep 4, 2012
Glen Allen wrote:
Maybe next sunday they can have a sermon on "The government is NOT your baby's daddy!"

But then, the ones that attend church usually don't have 5 kids by all different fathers that are in prison, jail, or on the run from the law.

I donated school supplies even though my kids all graduated from college. Children need help, even if their parents are not responsible.

Since: Jul 10

Richmond, VA

#4 Sep 5, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
So many ppl. are not as fortunate as you. Thank God that your needs were supplied. On the other hand God knows what He is doing when children are born into this world. He never consults humans as to the when, why, how, what his plans are for all those babies born to rich/poor folk. I'm so glad those babies didn't get aborted. Never know Gods reasoning behind all the things we see and don't see. Just trust God, its His world ya know.
Dam Hammertoe, we all thought you got locked up again we haven't seen you on here in so long. Turns out you got your cable turned off for non-payment. Start working those coupons again and quit eating so many pigs feet you nasty thing!!
Slurpee Summit

Chester, VA

#5 Sep 5, 2012
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe next sunday they can have a sermon on "The government is NOT your baby's daddy!"
But then, the ones that attend church usually don't have 5 kids by all different fathers that are in prison, jail, or on the run from the law.
I donated school supplies even though my kids all graduated from college. Children need help, even if their parents are not responsible.
Why do people donate? From yours and Glen's posts it seems your donations were given so that you could make a very smallminded comment.

Is this the same reason for wanting to outlaw abortions? Just so you can have something negative to add. It's time to grow up, boys.

As I recall, in the early 1900's, due to unrestricted growth, Andrew and John had collected so much wealth that 96% of Americans were eating Grade B and lower foods. The same stone you tossed about so freely could have been easily thrown at your ancestors. If they couldn't support their families, then they shouldn't have had them but someone in the government decided to give them a handout. Everyone wasn't fortunate enough to be caucasion, at the end of the great depression. The government can exercise some control but they can't stop a business owner from shutting down a plant just to destroy a local economy based upon it's demographics.

Perhaps, you guys have never been in control of a few hundred people's livelihoods. Not just fired or not hired people because of their race, gender or way of life but relocated your business to an area comprised of people you'd rather employ. That's capitalism behind it's beautiful face.

A person attempts to teach his children to equally respect all things, not for the way they appear or are labelled but for what they are. Charity is one of those things, due to how churches have used giving as a vice to solicit followers. God has compelled me to do this or that. Sometimes, it's favorable premises and other times, the lowest of the low. What most of you fail to realize is that your God is your own mind, he doesn't rule nor conjure up remedies to life's woes from afar. God, unseen, is your mind, no different from the God(mind) of Moses or any other person whom has chosen to enforce what could benefit himself or his own people, throughout their lifetimes and with Judaism, significantly beyond.

The Earth's resources are constant and are to be utilized by it's inhabitants. Temporary people have unnaturally forced claims on it, when they can't even access a claim of ownership of the bodies they were confined to by birth. Generations cometh and generations goeth but the Earth abideth forever. Noone can put a date on the life cycle of the Earth. It was created with all that it needed to run it's course. From Life to completely frozen; to finding it's way back into a life giving orbit, defrosting and bringing forth our current existence.

The mystery that plagues those whom desire to understand is what happens next. Fortunately, the kingdom of those whom know is and always will remain guarded, until life is no more. Ignorance is the ruling factor, upon Earth for those whom believe themselves to be all-wise as well as all-knowing.

Everyone is a dependent. If you rate yourself as successful, then you or someone else discovered a way to collect other's time(earnings). Politicians at the call of their constituents have regulated unnatural premises into life's cycle; therefore, everyone cannot evolve to becoming self-sufficient. Being poor and destitute is one of the levels of accepted diversity, within the world. Just the other day, in Hopewell's forum, a guy said that he has been working for over 50 years and was calling himself successful. A misconception or do people just claim titles because they are? There's no changes to be made to correct a lack of mind usage, for the majority of Americans.

It's man's job to correct injustices, during his time.
Slurpee Summit

Chester, VA

#6 Sep 5, 2012
Really, guys, it's man's job to correct injustices, during his time. Whether he's doing it as a member of a school of thought or hired by his constituents to act in a manner of public trust.

It was irrationaly conceived for the forefathers to believe that a government could be established for the long-term based upon suppression, oppression or illgotten gain. They had to have understood it's longevity was due to face a straightening. The way I see it, they're slowly amended the constitution, until it can be erected with justice as it's foundation.

Some want to call the attempt to balance what was disproportionately created, communistic in nature as the repairs to the flawed doctrines are made. The American Dream has always been one of entitlement; therefore, people such as yourselves are entitled to your opinions. You're entitled to speak, own a weapon and consider yourself as the cream of the crop. Reality doesn't resemble your high strung thoughts but who really cares? Mitt Romney does, while he campaigns to be a better man than his father was.

Mitt's reason for what he does is simple. He has to accomplish more than his father did; otherwise, he's just living in his shadow. Mormonism plays a very small part. Boob McDonnell attempted to force Mormonism on Virginia more than Mitt will for the country. Remember when Boob failed to get Va out of the alcohol business? That was the good ole Mormon in him.

These guys infiltrated the Republican Party with their Mormon package; which is more communistic and left wing than the Democratic Party could ever muster. I don't fear Mormonism as a way of life, it's basically where welfare is going, anyways. Not absolutely sure about the under garments needed to remind a person of whom they are but it's no different from locks on a Jew.

But you guys are hilarious. I can talk about you because I donated a few school supplies and didn't have to. The people whom I associate with thought I was capable of giving, so I was obligated to save face and give. I couldn't let anyone know that I am secretly a bigot.

It's good to know that you guys really don't live the hatred which you spew, from time to time. I rate your American Dream as wantind to be openly hateful as of the best qualities of your kind. I smile, everytime something is going on that I think disgusts you. Your existence makes me happy. A bunch of stupid fricks.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#7 Sep 5, 2012
Slurpee Summit wrote:
Really, guys, it's man's job to correct injustices, during his time. Whether he's doing it as a member of a school of thought or hired by his constituents to act in a manner of public trust.
It was irrationaly conceived for the forefathers to believe that a government could be established for the long-term based upon suppression, oppression or illgotten gain. They had to have understood it's longevity was due to face a straightening. The way I see it, they're slowly amended the constitution, until it can be erected with justice as it's foundation.
Some want to call the attempt to balance what was disproportionately created, communistic in nature as the repairs to the flawed doctrines are made. The American Dream has always been one of entitlement; therefore, people such as yourselves are entitled to your opinions. You're entitled to speak, own a weapon and consider yourself as the cream of the crop. Reality doesn't resemble your high strung thoughts but who really cares? Mitt Romney does, while he campaigns to be a better man than his father was.
Mitt's reason for what he does is simple. He has to accomplish more than his father did; otherwise, he's just living in his shadow. Mormonism plays a very small part. Boob McDonnell attempted to force Mormonism on Virginia more than Mitt will for the country. Remember when Boob failed to get Va out of the alcohol business? That was the good ole Mormon in him.
These guys infiltrated the Republican Party with their Mormon package; which is more communistic and left wing than the Democratic Party could ever muster. I don't fear Mormonism as a way of life, it's basically where welfare is going, anyways. Not absolutely sure about the under garments needed to remind a person of whom they are but it's no different from locks on a Jew.
But you guys are hilarious. I can talk about you because I donated a few school supplies and didn't have to. The people whom I associate with thought I was capable of giving, so I was obligated to save face and give. I couldn't let anyone know that I am secretly a bigot.
It's good to know that you guys really don't live the hatred which you spew, from time to time. I rate your American Dream as wantind to be openly hateful as of the best qualities of your kind. I smile, everytime something is going on that I think disgusts you. Your existence makes me happy. A bunch of stupid fricks.
Just letting you know now, all haters and racist bigots will end up in the bottomless pit. Bye bye unsaved cretin.
Slurpee Summit

Chester, VA

#8 Sep 6, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
Just letting you know now, all haters and racist bigots will end up in the bottomless pit. Bye bye unsaved cretin.
I doubt it. There shouldn't even have been a reply to what I posted. If you were even sub-human you could have gotten the message.

Saved? I was never lost or in need of being rescued.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#9 Sep 6, 2012
Slurpee Summit wrote:
<quoted text> I doubt it. There shouldn't even have been a reply to what I posted. If you were even sub-human you could have gotten the message.
Saved? I was never lost or in need of being rescued.
Too bad you have sealed your eternal destiny away from the loving care of Jesus. After your death there will be no rescue operation in place to regain your soul. Think about it, you atheist.

Midlothian, VA

#10 Sep 6, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad you have sealed your eternal destiny away from the loving care of Jesus. After your death there will be no rescue operation in place to regain your soul. Think about it, you atheist.
Better pay attention Slurpie. NO-show is the Richmond representative of the Westboro Baptist racist club.

(Even if they refused to let her join)

nothead knows!
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#11 Sep 7, 2012
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Better pay attention Slurpie. NO-show is the Richmond representative of the Westboro Baptist racist club.
(Even if they refused to let her join)
nothead knows!
They do not accept ppl. of color, but your morons can get in for free.

Midlothian, VA

#12 Sep 7, 2012
new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
They do not accept ppl. of color, but your morons can get in for free.
Don't you ever get tired of being wrong and stupid in public no-show?

Your mentally deficient racist spews prove your sub-human intelligence level and show the world just how truly stupid you truly are nothead.

They didn't reject you because you are black. They rejected you because you are stupid and they look dumb enough already without being associated with trash like you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If You are Concerned about Vaccines, Here is Yo... 7 hr ConcernedCitizen 1
This Bill Needs Passing by Our State Legislature Mon ConcernedCitizen 1
finallly action to stop robocalls Mar 22 ConcernedCitizen 1
News How Did Fla. Therapist Accused of S&M with Pati... (May '14) Mar 20 Tim 4
SS, Medicare, Medicaid NOT ENTITLEMENT PROGRAMS... Mar 18 ConcernedCitizen 2
News Mysterious Boom Heard around Central Virginia -... (Feb '10) Mar 12 jane robison 55
Questions You Need to Ask before Purchasing a C... Mar 6 gourmet 2

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages