Loaner of Money Beware
Richard Firth

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jul 25, 2014
The people of Mechanicsville, Va. and may others in surrounding counties or the City of Richmond need to be aware of a Marie Renee Wilson from Mechanicsville always wanting to borrow money and in most cases either not paying the loan back or only paying part of it back.
She has borrowed $3,000.00 from me and in six months has only made one cash payment of $100.00 bringing the balance down to $2,900.00. I know of one woman who works at the same Food Lion where I work who was approached by Mrs. Wilson for $10.00 several weeks ago and up to this moment has not paid it back. In fact Mrs. Wilson according to the employee doesn't seem to come into the store and now goes to the nearby Kroeger
store instead.
I met a current friend of Mrs. Wilson and she has tried to get in contact with her but can't. In our conversation this friend told me that Mrs. Wilson has a spending problem and has been borrowing money from others for quite some time and not paying it back.
I feel the public needs to know about such people and not loan them money. I don't have the financial means to take her to court but if I could I have enough documentation, including signed agreements and statements that would hang her. I trusted her as a friend whom I have known for over six years and she promised and swore she would pay it back, even to the point of begging and pleading with me in tears.
My advice to the public when people want to borrow money from you. First of all think how money you can give that person without your suffering financial harm in doing so. Then give that money as a gift rather than a loan which requires no re-payment. That way it will not become a problem when the person doesn't pay it back. In fact I had two occasions to do this and gave the money as a gift without requiring a payback and now I don't have a problem if they don't pay it back.
It is a shame we can't trust people whom we consider as loyal and true friends and try to help them out believing they will pay us back if we loan them money and then don't so if you meet Mrs Wilson and she asks you for money and swears she will pay it back PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T LOAN IT TO HER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Description of The Real Obama 12 hr Concerned Citizen 1
Gf book 14 hr dcfivex 1
News state inspections: unecessary repairs, report a... (May '10) Mon VN Vet 47
Review: Aim 4Fitness Jun 26 Wendy 37
News Ukropa s future: Open Sundays, alcohol sales af... (Dec '09) Jun 26 martin garey 13
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) Jun 25 martin garey 29
Hillary Ignored Pleas Jun 22 VN Vet 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages