VA Abortion Clinic Regulations Get Final Approval

The Virginia Board of Health has given final approval to strict new regulations that abortion-rights supporters claim would force most of Virginia's 20 abortion clinics to close. Full Story

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#200 Apr 18, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, to reiterate Morgana's question, which you appear to have AVOIDED answering so far, do you really believe that "irresponsible women" (in your narrow mind) should be punished with forced gestation and motherhood? A simple yes or no answer will be enough.
Damnit Ocean! No one will answer my question! At least Mr. Butcher realized there was a bit of hypocrisy in his stance and admitted it.
Ocean56

AOL

#201 Apr 18, 2013
real central Va Marine wrote:
If you had a clue and got out more, you would know that many "conservative" men AND women have a spouse who is a strong willed, confident individual, not the put upon, "submissive woman" your mom must have been. The buffoon you dated shows you why he is still in the pool and calls into question your ability to judge character before the first date. I direct you to check out Chris Dumler. He is neither a conservative nor "church goer" as you seem to think "these guys" are.
Oh, I get out a LOT, goofy, contrary to what your idiotic post implies. What you advertise about conservatives is hardly convincing.

As to a woman's being able to judge a guy's character on the first date (in my case, it was the second), there are guys who can be spotted as morons within an hour into a first date. They give THEMSELVES away as such, just by talking. Those are guys a woman would be wise to AVOID dating ever again. Regarding your "direction" to check out this guy Dumler, I'll pass.
Ocean56

AOL

#202 Apr 18, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
Damnit Ocean! No one will answer my question! At least Mr. Butcher realized there was a bit of hypocrisy in his stance and admitted it.
It is frustrating, isn't it, but this kind of avoidance of certain questions is so typical of anti-choicers like "Silentecho." He won't answer your question because he knows it will make him look bad. My guess; he'll continue to refuse to answer in the hope that you (and I) will stop asking him the question.
Ocean56

AOL

#203 Apr 18, 2013
I saw the "woman" being the only one with any say in the matter, wreck relationships and destroy families. Nothing good ever came from it.
This "wrecking" of relationships and "destroying families" happened...HOW, exactly? Please, "enlighten" us on how this alleged wrecking and family destruction occurred. It should be interesting.
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

#204 Apr 18, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying Lanza would have used a knife, or hammer or drunk a sixer then crashed his car through the school entrance?
Huck I was trying to point out that 1 death is always to many on the subject of firearms, but not with those other items. For someone like Lanza, he could have made a crude explosive and accomplished the same thing. Are we going to ban any material that can be used to make an explosive or any item that can be used as shrapnel? My point was a 3 yr old is shot it is 1 death to many. 3 young children killed in drunk driving incident is like a drone attack, collateral damage.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#205 Apr 18, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>Huck I was trying to point out that 1 death is always to many on the subject of firearms, but not with those other items. For someone like Lanza, he could have made a crude explosive and accomplished the same thing. Are we going to ban any material that can be used to make an explosive or any item that can be used as shrapnel? My point was a 3 yr old is shot it is 1 death to many. 3 young children killed in drunk driving incident is like a drone attack, collateral damage.
He could have taken out a lot more kids with a bomb, but is that any reason NOT to extend background checks, which according to law enforcement WILL help keep firearms out of the hands of criminals, particularly if it doesn't infringe on your second amendment rights?
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

#206 Apr 18, 2013
huck wrote:
<quoted text>
He could have taken out a lot more kids with a bomb, but is that any reason NOT to extend background checks, which according to law enforcement WILL help keep firearms out of the hands of criminals, particularly if it doesn't infringe on your second amendment rights?
Cool down lol. I agree. Go back to the senate article
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#207 Apr 18, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>Cool down lol. I agree. Go back to the senate article
Oh, sorry, I thought you were arguing against background checks.
Wasn't sure why you brought up alternate means to kill someone.
sez you

Richmond, VA

#209 Apr 18, 2013
Well, look on the dark side. More people, more people with guns, more bad people with guns, more senseless violence, more reasons for gun cowboys to have guns, more guns, I'm getting dizzy. So where does stop? Boot Hill? It is pathetic that a country with all the opurtunities we have can't find better answers to deal with the gun problem. I know! Get rid of them. NOOOOOOOOOO, can't do that, to simple, besides what would people do without their guns? maybe GROW UP.

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

#210 Apr 18, 2013
sez you wrote:
Well, look on the dark side. More people, more people with guns, more bad people with guns, more senseless violence, more reasons for gun cowboys to have guns, more guns, I'm getting dizzy. So where does stop? Boot Hill? It is pathetic that a country with all the opurtunities we have can't find better answers to deal with the gun problem. I know! Get rid of them. NOOOOOOOOOO, can't do that, to simple, besides what would people do without their guns? maybe GROW UP.
It is not a gun pronblem, but a mental health and justice problem.

Far too many Victicrat judges return violent criminals to prey on society. They are not held accountable for the damage they cause America.

Too many mentally deficient idiots like MAH and no-show nothead running loose on the streets instead of being locked up to protect society.

When you take away legal guns, only the po0lice and criminals will have guns.

I know the police have no legal duty or responsibility to protect me and my family. They are reactive. I am proactive!

I am 911 where I live. The police are called after the bad guys are dealt with. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.(47 minutes last time I called for assistance)No thanks.
real central Va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#211 Apr 19, 2013
Morgana 9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogonit!! You just have so many opinions and no reasoning or logic to back them up with. A perfect opportunity to ask you AGAIN, I will change it a little and see if it helps:
So let me get this straight So you are OK with murdering babies that are conceived through rape or incest and the life of the mother? How about the health of the mother, would it be Ok to murder the baby? But you are not OK murderingbabies if BC fails? AND you are most definitely not OK with murdering babies that are the result of irresponsible behavior? Do I have this right? Irresponsible people should be punished with parenthood?
OH...and one more question. Just exactly who are you implying should have a say about a pregnancy other than the woman herself, and to what level?
Asked and answered, just not how you want it to be...
real central Va Marine

Charlottesville, VA

#212 Apr 19, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I get out a LOT, goofy, contrary to what your idiotic post implies. What you advertise about conservatives is hardly convincing.
As to a woman's being able to judge a guy's character on the first date (in my case, it was the second), there are guys who can be spotted as morons within an hour into a first date. They give THEMSELVES away as such, just by talking. Those are guys a woman would be wise to AVOID dating ever again. Regarding your "direction" to check out this guy Dumler, I'll pass.
You obviously don't know any conservatives (REALLY know them).
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#213 Apr 19, 2013
Mr-Butcher wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, to suffer or to die....
Which is better?:
(a) To be born unwanted and in poverty with very few prospects for your future and a horrid family life,
or
(b) To never be born, to be killed and never have a chance.
That is essentially what you are saying, it is better to die and never have a chance than it is to suffer. You might want to rethink that...
Acknowledging a perplexing and vexing cultural problem for what is and not hiding behind banalities and bromides is the first step towards deeper understanding.
Killing babies is never a rational answer to anything.
Your logic is why libertarians and democrats say that republicans only care about babies until their born. How many future democrat welfare recipients have you adopted?
Zygotes are not babies
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#214 Apr 19, 2013
Boodreau wrote:
How many aborted fetuses would have ended up being recipients of social entitlements? Then most pro-choicers would be screaming don't have kids if you can't take care of them.
all of them, not to mention; all future democrats.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

#215 Apr 19, 2013
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not a gun pronblem, but a mental health and justice problem.
Far too many Victicrat judges return violent criminals to prey on society. They are not held accountable for the damage they cause America.
Too many mentally deficient idiots like MAH and no-show nothead running loose on the streets instead of being locked up to protect society.
When you take away legal guns, only the po0lice and criminals will have guns.
I know the police have no legal duty or responsibility to protect me and my family. They are reactive. I am proactive!
I am 911 where I live. The police are called after the bad guys are dealt with. When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.(47 minutes last time I called for assistance)No thanks.
Man, if you think for a second its a mental health problem you a sick puppy.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

#216 Apr 19, 2013
sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Man, if you think for a second its a mental health problem you a sick puppy.
Well, if you think that a gun can just get up and kill people by itself, YOU are a sick fool. A gun, a knife, a bat, a bomb, etc. can only kill if someone sick(like you) gets behind them. Register muslims and liberals, not guns. Liberalism is a mental illness(and you are proof positive).

“And the Horse You Rode in On”

Since: Sep 08

Minneapolis

#217 Apr 19, 2013
VN Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if you think that a gun can just get up and kill people by itself, YOU are a sick fool. A gun, a knife, a bat, a bomb, etc. can only kill if someone sick(like you) gets behind them. Register muslims and liberals, not guns. Liberalism is a mental illness(and you are proof positive).
Thank you Michael Savage a.k.a WEINER.

You would be surprised how many liberals have guns......they just don't "worship" them like you do.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#218 Apr 20, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, goofy, I think I stated it right, you are anti-choice. Why? Because you appear to want women to have only ONE "option," to gestate and give birth, which would be the case if abortion were ever made illegal. That's really NO CHOICE at all. So, if you don't like "anti-choice," I'll use "no-choice" instead.
It's obvious to me that you want to see women PUNISHED for having consensual sex by being forced to gestate unwanted pregnancies, especially if these women aren't married. You're just pissed that women AREN'T forced to do so. Too bleeping bad. Whether a woman continues a pregnancy or not ISN'T up to you.
We want the lives of the babies that women put in their wombs to be respected. Not obliterated by hatemongering nihilistic bigots such as yourself, no matter how profitable that might be. The purpose of a woman's reproductive system is not so she can supply the victims for her own private death camp. The purpose of a woman's reproductive system is to provide for her children until she gives birth.
Ocean56

AOL

#219 Apr 20, 2013
zef wrote:
We want the lives of the babies that women put in their wombs to be respected. Not obliterated by hatemongering nihilistic bigots such as yourself, no matter how profitable that might be. The purpose of a woman's reproductive system is not so she can supply the victims for her own private death camp. The purpose of a woman's reproductive system is to provide for her children until she gives birth.
Oh PLEASE. You want to remove the rights of WOMEN to decide for ourselves as individuals whether to continue a pregnancy or not, that has been abundantly clear for decades. What pisses you -- and the rest of the ANTI-CHOICE crowd -- off is that Roe v. Wade is still valid, and abortion is still legal. Too bad.

As I said before, it isn't up to YOU to decide what the purpose of a woman's reproductive system is. It is for EACH woman to decide that, and if she DOESN'T want to stay pregnant and give birth, that is also HER decision. Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, and NO woman has to accept its hardships and responsibilities unless she WANTS to.
Ocean56

AOL

#220 Apr 20, 2013
You obviously don't know any conservatives (REALLY know them).
From all I'm hearing from conservatives lately, I assure I don't WANT to "REALLY know them." I wouldn't knowingly go on a date with a conservative (the last one was a blind date a couple of decades ago), let alone marry one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ISIS Already in U.S. 3 hr nonewhammers 3
Citizens of 7th Congressional District NOW HAVE... 3 hr hummertime 3
Yes There us Taxation without Representation 3 hr no hammer time 4
Wrong Move Dealing with ISIS 3 hr AreYouSaying 3
Obama/Congress Made Wrong Move Dealing with ISIS 3 hr Stewart 3
cherise.... where are you when i need you? 3 hr Tumlin 2
A Factor Not Considered when Dealing with Ebola... 3 hr Boaty 8
Richmond Dating
Find my Match

Richmond Jobs