Since: Feb 08

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2008

Anyone know of a the reason that there are no White Castle resturants here in VA?
Yeah right

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2008

As a WC fan and former resident of cities where they were served, I think the crime factor here in River City is keeping them away. Think you might be able to find a hot one in Philly or Baltimore, but that's about as far South as they get, unless you go west- Chicago, Louisville.
NINA

Leesburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2008

I love going to a WC for the chicken rings and cheese fries. I've lived in Florida for almost a year now and haven'e found one WC. When I lived in Indiana, we had one 5 minutes away from each other. Now when I moved down here everyone told me to go to Krystal's, that it was just the same, IT WAS NOT. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WC AROUND ORLANDO OR EVEN IN FLORIDA?

“Ridin' Dirty”

Since: Nov 07

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2008

drake g wrote:
Anyone know of a the reason that there are no White Castle resturants here in VA?
I've been away a while, and I was skimming through some threads, I thought there used to be one at the Blvd and Broad.
Flipped Out

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2008

I am a native Richmonder,and while we have never had a White Castle here that I know of ,we used to have a bunch of White Tower restaurants.I am told they were similar to your WC.
There was a WT at Blvd.and Broad Sts. I went there often.We had one at Staple Mill and Broad. We had one at Lombardy and Broad,also 9th and Broad. They were at several locations around town like 3rd and Grace and 9th and Main.There was one at Cowardin and Semmes and on Midlothian Trnpke.I think there was one at Brook and Azalea.
At last I checked you can get White Castle Hamburgers at Ukrops Supermarket in the frozen foods section.About 12 to a box.
Flipped Out

Lynchburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 25, 2008

drake g wrote:
We used to have White Tower restaurants(diner)but they went out of business.
I think you can White Castle hamburgers at Ukrops Supermarket in the frozen food section.I think they come 12 to a box.

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

ademented1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been away a while, and I was skimming through some threads, I thought there used to be one at the Blvd and Broad.
That was white tower resturant.

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

Flipped Out wrote:
I am a native Richmonder,and while we have never had a White Castle here that I know of ,we used to have a bunch of White Tower restaurants.I am told they were similar to your WC.
There was a WT at Blvd.and Broad Sts. I went there often.We had one at Staple Mill and Broad. We had one at Lombardy and Broad,also 9th and Broad. They were at several locations around town like 3rd and Grace and 9th and Main.There was one at Cowardin and Semmes and on Midlothian Trnpke.I think there was one at Brook and Azalea.
At last I checked you can get White Castle Hamburgers at Ukrops Supermarket in the frozen foods section.About 12 to a box.
That would be 6 per box.And at a otrageous price of $4 dollars and some change a box.And no pickles or onions on them.Dont waste your time.

“Ridin' Dirty”

Since: Nov 07

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2008

drake g wrote:
<quoted text>That was white tower resturant.
Oops. I believe you're right. I guess I've been gone too long.
Bill Womble

Montclair, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2008

Been away since '69 but there used to be one in what was Southside Plaza. Damn good food, the wife an I loved it, so did the dog. Me and the wife up fron and the Dobe in the back seat.
Ralph

Cocoa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

NINA wrote:
I love going to a WC for the chicken rings and cheese fries. I've lived in Florida for almost a year now and haven'e found one WC. When I lived in Indiana, we had one 5 minutes away from each other. Now when I moved down here everyone told me to go to Krystal's, that it was just the same, IT WAS NOT. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WC AROUND ORLANDO OR EVEN IN FLORIDA?
Krystal's is about as close as you can get to a White Castle here in Florida. I used to have a WC 5 minutes from my house in NY but here in Daytona Krystals is all there is. You have to ask for the burger WITHOUT mustard and with pickles and onions to try to get as close to WC as you can, but you are right, it it not the same.
fenderstrat

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2009

as a company, White castle prefers to utilize only retained earnings for expansion. This means that they do not leverage/borrow money for new locations. When they do, it is usually based upon proximity to existing restaurant markets where they already exist. This has always been their corporate philosophy, and you should probably figure on them making it to Florida around 2062
New York 2 Texas

Missouri City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2009

i live in houston texas and there is definetly a need for white castle so many people from white castle areas on the east coast would appreciate a white castle here in houston and the revenue it would produce would be amazing the should franchise their product so the entire United States can experience a White castle burger ... Crystals is a poor excuse of a Square burger We Need More White Castles
gary

Lithia, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Maybe if there were enough investor there could be a new WC(south) many of us know how they cook them, if they are unwilling to come south someone who know what they taste like and how to cook them should open a new chain. I know I have inquired about franchise and they are just not willing to expand to the south. I'm not a cook but I bet someone with that knowledge could come up with a similar product. Krystal came close but they don't cook on a bed of onions and they only put mustard. All they would have to do is alter their recipe slightly and would explode with business for those of us who miss WC
Southern Rube

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Ralph wrote:
<quoted text>
Krystal's is about as close as you can get to a White Castle here in Florida. I used to have a WC 5 minutes from my house in NY but here in Daytona Krystals is all there is. You have to ask for the burger WITHOUT mustard and with pickles and onions to try to get as close to WC as you can, but you are right, it it not the same.
What kind of meat is on a Krystal's "Burger"?
Sandy

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

What about Steak and Shake?

Also, I would love to see a Spinnakers on the North Side of the River. The only one is at Chesterfield Towne Center.
Sandy

Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

Interesting how my prior post came up Columbia, South Carolina. I am a Richmonder vacationing in Myrtle Beach.

Since: Jun 09

Powhatan, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2009

It is based on your IP address. Your IP while in MB is based out of Columbia, SC.
eileen

Moscow, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2010

Wonder why they don't move some out North. Have seen "The Boss" and took a liking to the place. Would like to see one in the PanHandle of Idaho.
loveone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2012

drake g wrote:
I would love to tell you why they don't. I want them to get it together an bring one to lynchburg va.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why They Hate Obama (Aug '13) 3 min WelbyMD 11,601
Taylor Wind Set (Jan '11) 13 hr funny 279
Bill Rovi, unlicensed & uninsured contractor co... 21 hr question 7
Confederate flag stirs patriotic Va. retort (Sep '13) Mon VN Vet 38
Gay Marriages May Begin In Virginia Next Week, ... Aug 15 Yankee 14
Ferguson Missouri Aug 15 ank 3
Plz provide keywords to find a good place to li... Aug 10 Dyun 1

Search the Richmond Forum:
•••
•••