VA Lags At Using Homeland Security Gr...

VA Lags At Using Homeland Security Grants - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather

There are 8 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Dec 20, 2012, titled VA Lags At Using Homeland Security Grants - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

A federal audit has found that Virginia has not used more than $38 million of the $90 million in federal homeland security grants it was given from 2008 through 2010.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

thinking free

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Dec 20, 2012
Va just hasn't found a way to blow the money yet.
Ice Dogg

Cumming, GA

#2 Dec 20, 2012
So is my Social Security going to be scaled back for this expenditure? All signs point to YES.
Huh

Wirtz, VA

#3 Dec 20, 2012
Did local law enforcement agencies get any of this money for their new range in Keene?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Dec 20, 2012
VT didn't sink in.... too many guns.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#5 Dec 20, 2012
The Bobvernor just can't fathom spending money on protecting school children from crazed azz white men.

Since: Feb 10

Richmond, VA

#6 Dec 20, 2012
huck wrote:
VT didn't sink in.... too many guns.
Not enough. Perhaps if one of the students or professors had been armed, less innocents would have died.

My guns have killed less people than the Kennedy family's cars and golf clubs.

What the liberal anti-gun nuts seem unable to understand is that criminals don't obey the law!
plain

Ventura, CA

#7 Dec 21, 2012
Homeland in your pants tsa security guards.
new hammer time

Cartersville, VA

#8 Dec 21, 2012
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Not enough. Perhaps if one of the students or professors had been armed, less innocents would have died.
My guns have killed less people than the Kennedy family's cars and golf clubs.
What the liberal anti-gun nuts seem unable to understand is that criminals don't obey the law!
Its not the criminals that we have to worry about...say it loud for home-spun angry white boys. Too many white mentals are given guns by their parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Third arrest for Richmond man charged with tryi... Feb '18 America the Provoked 1
News Weeks after Election Day, Virginia House still ... Dec '17 Voter 6
Bon Secours St Francis Medical Center Evacuatio... Dec '17 Vickey 1
The Momís March For Our Children And America (Sep '17) Sep '17 WatchmanOnTheWall 1
Want to Know What Your Children Read in School (Aug '17) Aug '17 Concerned Citizen 1

Richmond Jobs

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages