First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Ozark, MO

#1 Jun 24, 2010
Any thoughts on the county clerk race? Or for that matter any of the upcoming primary races? Who is brian Mcmann?
Bite Me

United States

#2 Jun 24, 2010
Guest wrote:
Any thoughts on the county clerk race? Or for that matter any of the upcoming primary races? Who is brian Mcmann?
Lynn Rogers is one of the most honest clerks and politicians this county has ever seen and should be kept in office as long as he is willing to serve.
McMann,,,if that is spelled right,,, rode James Carey's coat tails into office and was appointed by the governor by stirring up old cases for publicity such as the Wrisinger case, to get the governor's approval and appointment.
Does anyone else trust or approve of that kind of political tactic? To me it was all air and I will vote for anyone that will run against him.

Warrensburg, MO

#3 Jun 24, 2010
Bite Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynn Rogers is one of the most honest clerks and politicians this county has ever seen and should be kept in office as long as he is willing to serve.
McMann,,,if that is spelled right,,, rode James Carey's coat tails into office and was appointed by the governor by stirring up old cases for publicity such as the Wrisinger case, to get the governor's approval and appointment.
Does anyone else trust or approve of that kind of political tactic? To me it was all air and I will vote for anyone that will run against him.
yeah right- Lynn takes his orders from a certain family who runs Ray County politics.
No Nonsense

United States

#4 Jun 24, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>yeah right- Lynn takes his orders from a certain family who runs Ray County politics.
Lynn was Clerk long before his sister married into that certain family. Who are you taking orders from?
citizen too

Clinton, IA

#5 Jun 25, 2010
I concur with Bite Me and I believe it will be very hard for anyone to unseat Lynn if not impossible...Don't know how anyone can believe that VD's control Ray county politics
guestt

United States

#6 Jun 25, 2010
citizen too wrote:
I concur with Bite Me and I believe it will be very hard for anyone to unseat Lynn if not impossible...Don't know how anyone can believe that VD's control Ray county politics
Don't believe anyone controls Ray county politics, however talk to people that have to work with Rodgers and have seen him in action, most are amazed he continues to get elected.

Clinton, IA

#7 Jun 25, 2010
guestt wrote:
<quoted text>Don't believe anyone controls Ray county politics, however talk to people that have to work with Rodgers and have seen him in action, most are amazed he continues to get elected.
It shouldn't be too hard to stay elected when you count the votes!
citizen too

Clinton, IA

#8 Jun 25, 2010
guestt-you evidently don't know who's in office. Rodgers???
I have talked to some of them and not one was negative.Did I talk to the wrong one?

Guest--If you believe he counts the votes alone then you are out of touch with reality. I would have to believe he wouldn't be allowed to count votes if he's on the ballot.Have to admit that would be a way to stay in office if it were true...sigh

so sorry

United States

#9 Jun 25, 2010
i work for the county mr rodgers is a fine man. but ask any body up there he is never in the office maybe 1-2 days a week. even the commisioners have made comments.he has cost ray county a lot of money on some very big screw ups. its time for a change
citizen too

Clinton, IA

#10 Jun 25, 2010
1st its Rogers,not Rodgers...common mistake.
Can you give some instances of some very big screw ups.I know Lynn and his family and also 1 of the commissioners very well.We have done things together as families over the years.I will bring this subject up next time I see the commissioner.I'm pretty sure he won't lie to me.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#11 Jun 25, 2010
Bite Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting your info at? First off on the prosecutor race, McMahon was appointed because he was recommended by the Democratic committee and had been doing the job, second he "rode in on James carey's coat tail"? Every prosecutor has had an assistant, whoever they choose, so are you serious? Third, he did not stir up the Wrisinger case, James Carey did that while still the prosecutor. If you read his article in the newspaper, he discussed that with people at the attorney general's office and he was doing what he thought was right. So you would rather elect someone who just graduated law school a year ago over someone experienced because of rumors that you listen to and obviously know nothing about? Look at the facts, and make an informed decision at least! And Lynn Rogers? look up the county audit and tell me how honest he is- It is online with the secretary of state!
kew

Clinton, IA

#12 Jun 25, 2010
In regards to the prosecutor's position, I am going with experience. Ms. Rogers has tried to paint Mr. McMahon as a Johnson Countian and therefore unfamiliar with the values and priorities of rural Missouri living. Mr. McMahon grew up and attended school in Coffey County, Kansas, an area very much like Ray County. Yes, he did live in Johnson County for a brief time. I have met him, visited with him and believe that he is very personable and nothing like the inference of being a "Johnson Countian". Therefore, it is his experience that makes him best qualified for the job.
look at you

AOL

#13 Jun 25, 2010
I meet ms rogers and her husband know her family
nice people do not know mr McMahon but will try and meet him and see what he has on his mind, meet
them and be fair and make up your own mind and not
get your information from a gossip name calling web site. thats how you do politics not on a web site even thought at times it is entertaining.

Location hidden

#14 Jun 26, 2010
kew wrote:
In regards to the prosecutor's position, I am going with experience. Ms. Rogers has tried to paint Mr. McMahon as a Johnson Countian and therefore unfamiliar with the values and priorities of rural Missouri living. Mr. McMahon grew up and attended school in Coffey County, Kansas, an area very much like Ray County. Yes, he did live in Johnson County for a brief time. I have met him, visited with him and believe that he is very personable and nothing like the inference of being a "Johnson Countian". Therefore, it is his experience that makes him best qualified for the job.
I agree and if anyone was at the "Meet the Candidates" night, he said he came from a small town with those same values (that she says she has). The funny thing is, I have not seen anything from Mr. McMahon that has bashed her although she is trying to make it sound as if doesn't "fit" and running only on the fact that A) she is an attorney and B) she is a "hometown girl". I believe that she feels that she can win only because she is from here and some people know her family. We have seen what that gets us sometimes. That has nothing to do with having the experience to be in the position of prosecuting attorney. She may one day be a great prosecutor, but personally I would like to see her have a little more experience under her belt when/if she is prosecutor- not just because she is from here and has fond memories of high school here and that is basically all I am getting from her ads.

Clinton, IA

#15 Jun 26, 2010
wildride52 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and if anyone was at the "Meet the Candidates" night, he said he came from a small town with those same values (that she says she has). The funny thing is, I have not seen anything from Mr. McMahon that has bashed her although she is trying to make it sound as if doesn't "fit" and running only on the fact that A) she is an attorney and B) she is a "hometown girl". I believe that she feels that she can win only because she is from here and some people know her family. We have seen what that gets us sometimes. That has nothing to do with having the experience to be in the position of prosecuting attorney. She may one day be a great prosecutor, but personally I would like to see her have a little more experience under her belt when/if she is prosecutor- not just because she is from here and has fond memories of high school here and that is basically all I am getting from her ads.
It's a shame Ms. Rogers has to resort to dirty tatics to try and get elected. If she is willing to do that to get elected what would she do if she gets elected. Sounds like all she wants to use the prosecutors office for is to get elected to a higher office. I applaud Mr. McMahon for being honest and running a clean campaign. To bad Ms. Rogers doesn't feel the same way.

Springfield, MO

#16 Jun 26, 2010
You need to research why a woman named Kelly sued the county recently, then make your opinion about Lynn.

Location hidden

#17 Jun 26, 2010
guest wrote:
You need to research why a woman named Kelly sued the county recently, then make your opinion about Lynn.
There was at least one other one too, can't remember her name right now....
Martin

Milton, FL

#18 Jun 26, 2010
And so who is this Bob King guy?
just me

Clinton, IA

#19 Jun 26, 2010
guest wrote:
You had me curious , so I went to casenet.com and typed in kelly's name and all I saw were a bunch of judgements against her for breach of contract and such, about 4 or 5 of them from credit card companies to financing companies. I don't know about you but seems like that is definitely not someone who needs to be put in charge of our county's budget! What exactly are you refering to? From what I understood she TRIED to sue but was not succesful......Don't really know about Brown either, all I know of him is he has a problem with drinking AND gambling, again, not someone who really needs to be in charge of the budget.
say what

Clinton, IA

#20 Jun 27, 2010
so sorry wrote:
i work for the county mr rodgers is a fine man. but ask any body up there he is never in the office maybe 1-2 days a week. even the commisioners have made comments.he has cost ray county a lot of money on some very big screw ups. its time for a change
Funny.I don't work for the county but I do have to go into his office along with many others in the courthouse. There have been times he wasn't there but for the most part when I am there, he is also. He may occaisionally be in work clothes right off the farm, but there none the less. From what I understand he also is a farmer which in itself amazes me that he is able to work both , and be so active in the church community as well. And let me just say that he is not the only one who is not in his office all the time,unlike the one's I am referring to at least he's not out playing golf or hunting.I never heare of these "big screw ups",like we do the city's, must not be that bad. I will vote for him, he is a hard working man no doubt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I got a chili dog up my poopshoot 21 hr the real maxipads 1
I like to cut lumpy farts 21 hr the real maxipads 1
I was reamed by Judge Dennis 22 hr the real maxipads 1
judge dennis a rolf Fri Judge Dennis 11
ray county sheriff dept (May '13) May 20 toughmans truck 23
Ebaum A Good Catholick Boy We got your crack (Mar '13) May 20 Old Citizen 3
Congrats to Lexington Police Chief Mark Lamphier May 19 pall mall 2
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE