Johnna Wrisinger

Raymore, MO

#505 Apr 4, 2010
guest83 wrote:
An unexpected death of the lead witness and they drop charges? Who says he didn't kill them too. I wanna know who this lead witness was and why would anyone be happy to hear this kind of news.
SERIOUSLY???? He has been on house arrest and you throw out that maybe he killed the witness...somebody watches too much TV..

Raymore, MO

#506 Apr 4, 2010
cat wrote:
<quoted text> I have to wonder how you knew about this fact so quickly? Were you in court when the charges were dropped? If so who is this key witness who died? Surely they had more than one key witness in this case.If not what kept him in custody in the first place? Im sure witness have already made statements as to what they knew or did not know and they must be on record. There must of been something pretty good to have him charged with anything in the first place!!
I have to wonder why it matters how they knew the facts so quickly??? Guess they didn't have anything good on him to begin with or the charges wouldn't have been dropped..
Just Saying

Mission, KS

#507 Apr 4, 2010
cat wrote:
<quoted text> I have to wonder how you knew about this fact so quickly? Were you in court when the charges were dropped? If so who is this key witness who died? Surely they had more than one key witness in this case.If not what kept him in custody in the first place? Im sure witness have already made statements as to what they knew or did not know and they must be on record. There must of been something pretty good to have him charged with anything in the first place!!
The KC News announced these facts on the news Saturday night. That's all they said too, that a key witness in the case had died so charges were dropped.

Olathe, KS

#508 Apr 4, 2010
I have looked on all the news websites and found nothing to support this. Casenet still has the trial scheduled for May. If this is a hoax then it is very cruel!
not sure

Saint Robert, MO

#509 Apr 5, 2010
I saw it on the news and not sure what to think that case dropped, because of the death of the only wittness, who was the wittness??? Still not sure he didn't do it, as they had to have something on him to bring back up...

Raymore, MO

#510 Apr 5, 2010
Guest wrote:
I have looked on all the news websites and found nothing to support this. Casenet still has the trial scheduled for May. If this is a hoax then it is very cruel!
you may want to look at case net again because it does have the trial as cancelled...
Update

United States

#511 Apr 5, 2010
A letter to the public was also in the Richmond paper last week.

Plymouth, MN

#512 Apr 5, 2010
We don't receive the paper, does anyone has a copy of the letter that could be posted here?
cat

AOL

#513 Apr 5, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>I have to wonder why it matters how they knew the facts so quickly??? Guess they didn't have anything good on him to begin with or the charges wouldn't have been dropped..
I also have to wonder why you are being so defensive? I just thought maybe the poster was in the courtroom and could give us some more facts. They must of had something on him to bring charges against him. There has to be a reason for dropping charges. People just want to know what happened guilty or not is not the entire point here. If charges were dropped it could mean other evidence has been found to prove what really did happen.
beloved_anathema

Clinton, IA

#514 Apr 5, 2010
Letters to the Editor, Friday, April 2, 2010
Open Letter to Ray County Citizens

With the unexpected death of a key State’s witness, I have had to reevaluate the case against Ronald D. Wrisinger. I have determined that, with the evidence as it stands today, a conviction cannot be achieved. Therefore, I am compelled at this time to dismiss all charges. Case law tells me that, at present, there is insufficient evidence to submit this case to a jury, and my personal experience as a trial attorney leads me to the conclusion that it would be an improvident use of taxpayer dollars to pursue a conviction that cannot be secured at this time. Although the decision is mine, I have sought the advice and counsel of lawyers at the Missouri Attorney General’s office who agree that the case, as it stands today, cannot be won.

Since this is a murder case there is no statute of limitations, and we intend to continue the investigation and actively pursue any and all leads until the individual or individuals responsible are brought to justice.

I would like to thank all of the men and women of the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the Richmond Police Department and the Ray County Sheriff’s Department for their dedication and hard work in investigating this case, and I remind them today that our work is not done.

Though I realize that this may be an unpopular decision, my ethical obligations to both the law and the citizens of Ray County preclude me from continuing to prosecute a case without having at least a reasonable likelihood of obtaining a conviction. It is an honor to live in and serve a community that, for more than 23 years, has refused to forget about Sherry and Johnna. Today, I pledge to you that I will not forget either and that this case is not closed. So long as I am your prosecuting attorney, I will continue to diligently seek the justice that Sherry and Johnna deserve.

Sincerely,

Bryan McMahon

Ray County

Prosecuting Attorney

Raymore, MO

#515 Apr 5, 2010
cat wrote:
<quoted text> I also have to wonder why you are being so defensive? I just thought maybe the poster was in the courtroom and could give us some more facts. They must of had something on him to bring charges against him. There has to be a reason for dropping charges. People just want to know what happened guilty or not is not the entire point here. If charges were dropped it could mean other evidence has been found to prove what really did happen.
I wasn't being defensive I was making fun of your accusing ways....it was like you were accusing the person making the post of something.
not sure

Saint Robert, MO

#516 Apr 6, 2010
Well again, not sure who died, but what did they have on him in the first place to bring it all back up??? I am not saying he is the one who done it or not just so sad for Sherry and Johnna's family....the one daughter said they were alive and fine, okay where is the proof if they are, are they afraid of him, if so come forward and put him away if he tried to take care of them...where is the car she won????? So So many questions and NO Answers.

Lone Jack, MO

#517 Apr 7, 2010
A family friend informed me. And I don't believe he did it.

Lone Jack, MO

#518 Apr 7, 2010
I also talked to the witness many many times before his death and he was on Ronnie's side. So I really don't know what they had on him either.
Boxman

Independence, MO

#519 Apr 7, 2010
guest wrote:
I also talked to the witness many many times before his death and he was on Ronnie's side. So I really don't know what they had on him either.
WHATEVER!!!!!!
Boxman

Independence, MO

#520 Apr 7, 2010
guest wrote:
A family friend informed me. And I don't believe he did it.
WHATEVER!!!!!!!
cat

AOL

#521 Apr 7, 2010
guest wrote:
So who was this witness? What did he say that makes you think he didnt do it? Just makes you wonder why they brought charges in the first place if they had nothing? Strange turn of events!!!! Please enlighten us if you have some kind of answers!
not sure

Saint Robert, MO

#522 Apr 8, 2010
so you talked to a family friend and don't believe he did it, so where is Sherry and Johnna and if they are okay why don't they come out and clear Ronnie??? None of this seems on the up and up if he didn't do it, why did they bring him back and then let him go again....if you were some of the family wouldn't you want to know where they are???
gloria 67

Lexington, MO

#523 Apr 9, 2010
I said it before and I will say it again...Its hard to believe the perfect murder happened in Richmond MO.
May Sherry and Johnna rest in peace and may God have his way with whomever hurt them. This is as sickening today as it was 23 yrs ago. Damn!!!
cat

AOL

#524 Jun 2, 2010
gloria 67 wrote:
I said it before and I will say it again...Its hard to believe the perfect murder happened in Richmond MO.
May Sherry and Johnna rest in peace and may God have his way with whomever hurt them. This is as sickening today as it was 23 yrs ago. Damn!!!
I believe that instead of the perfect murder it was the perfect police cover up. Someone didnt do their job all those years ago! This is my opinion on the matter. And no one has said who it was that passed that was the witness. Its hard to believe they didnt get a statement of some kind before he passed. Wouldnt that hold up in court? There had to be some kind of compelling evidence to have brought him back in the first place! I dont know how much if anything like that is public knowledge or not. Id like to know how to find out! This is just to old of a case it needs to be solved. Someone knows something and they arent telling wouldnt that be with holding evidence or something at the very least? Coward is the wor that comes to me on this subject. They will eventually pay but this family needs the truth!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Matt Lindsey (Jan '17) 2 hr nanajudy 14
NO Orrick Junior Varsity Football ??? Sun BearcatFan08 25
32 felonies & free in Richmond Sep 23 bitchgoinDown 15
richmonds' for the good ole boys (Nov '16) Sep 21 VOTERS 76
make me some pancakes guest you are owned (Jun '12) Sep 5 Trump Tower Moscow 3
make no mistake! (Mar '17) Aug '17 Moorcock Splinta 15
Amy Watkins Probation Officer (Apr '11) Jul '17 hereinfo 32

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance