Lance Green is an Idiot
Wow

United States

#84 Mar 3, 2010
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that an employee would leave on account of ONE person. How stupid is that? I don't know what positive things she has done. I don't follow her around. I just know that she has a positive interest in the community as a whole. Employees come and go for many reasons. Seems as though if she steps on somebody's toes then she is a bad person. Did she step on your toes?
So people are telling you what a good job she is doing but you don't know what positive things she has done? Have you ever heard of harrassment? Yes. One person(two counting the goon) can make a persons job so miserable that they will leave. And that is what happened. Ask them. Ask the people that work for the City. Ask people that have worked for her in the past. Most of the Council feels that way too but no one will do anything about it. People are going to continue to let her(and the goon) drive this town further and further away from where it needs to be. I do not see many things she has done that comes across as being positive for the City of Richmond as a whole. And of course, like in the past, you can not come up with specifics to prove otherwise.
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#85 Mar 3, 2010
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
So people are telling you what a good job she is doing but you don't know what positive things she has done? Have you ever heard of harrassment? Yes. One person(two counting the goon) can make a persons job so miserable that they will leave. And that is what happened. Ask them. Ask the people that work for the City. Ask people that have worked for her in the past. Most of the Council feels that way too but no one will do anything about it. People are going to continue to let her(and the goon) drive this town further and further away from where it needs to be. I do not see many things she has done that comes across as being positive for the City of Richmond as a whole. And of course, like in the past, you can not come up with specifics to prove otherwise.
What specifics has anyone else done (past or present council)? IF, she is harassing employees, as you say she has, what is wrong with the administration letting that happen? What is wrong with the Mayor letting that happen? Doesn't make sense to me. I'm not out to prove anything. If she is so bad, why don't you give specifics? Really.........the other council members feel that way? Have you talked with all of them? Guess they must have changed their minds, huh? I would like to know the real truth!
Wow

United States

#86 Mar 3, 2010
She keeps asking the Mayor to resign, so what good would it do for him to say anything to her. She won't listen. The City Administrator believes she is trying to get him fired, so what good would it do for him to say anything. The police chief and the fire chief feel the same way. So does Lisa Hastings. Unless it benefits her or her family, I don't see what she has done for the City of Richmond. And you can never give specifics but will continue to defend her. Yet, you say your not in bed with her. I have a lot of trouble believing you.

Changed their minds? Does that mean you have talked with all of them?

Specifics. OK. What about the past council that lead the charge to cut a large inherited deficit while still moving forward with things such as street overlays. Finishing projects like the Wellington St. Downtown Revitalization. Working with the MO Conservation agency to get in line for some money to improve the Southview Lake. I could go on but at least I gave some examples.
Blue Supporter

Des Moines, IA

#87 Mar 3, 2010
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt that an employee would leave on account of ONE person. How stupid is that? I don't know what positive things she has done. I don't follow her around. I just know that she has a positive interest in the community as a whole. Employees come and go for many reasons. Seems as though if she steps on somebody's toes then she is a bad person. Did she step on your toes?
I guess Russell Rogers was mistaken about why he left then. I love how you know more about it than he does. She isn't the only reason, but she is the ringleader that causes a lot of the problems. The rest are followers.

Toney, AL

#88 Mar 3, 2010
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
So if there is no problem between the council and the city staff, then why would the daily news ask as one of its candidate questions about how the candidate would fix the problems between the council and the city employees? The fact that the newspaper that is so openly campaigning for the current council members in the election would even ask this question is proof that there is a problem.

Toney, AL

#89 Mar 3, 2010
Blue Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Russell Rogers was mistaken about why he left then. I love how you know more about it than he does. She isn't the only reason, but she is the ringleader that causes a lot of the problems. The rest are followers.
Russell Rogers said that this is the worst city council he had seen in over 30 years at the city. And he isn't the only one who has said that same thing. Robin Littrell left work in tears on many occasions because of members of this city council, and because of the constant pestering and accusations of a few of their supporters. They have been at odds with people and with community groups who normally don't have an enemy in the world. At some point you will have to admit that it is them and not everyone else.

Toney, AL

#90 Mar 3, 2010
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
IF, she is harassing employees, as you say she has, what is wrong with the administration letting that happen? What is wrong with the Mayor letting that happen?
According to her cronies, all of these people work for her. How would they be able to do anything about her bad behavior?
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#92 Mar 3, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
So if there is no problem between the council and the city staff, then why would the daily news ask as one of its candidate questions about how the candidate would fix the problems between the council and the city employees? The fact that the newspaper that is so openly campaigning for the current council members in the election would even ask this question is proof that there is a problem.
Well, if there is a problem between the employees and the council somebody is not doing their job. The paper asking a question doesn't prove anything to me. If there are problems they need to go through the chain of command and I realize that sometimes that is a problem, but that's the way it works. There is no perfect job!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#93 Mar 3, 2010
Blue Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe Russell Rogers worked for 30 years and left on account of one person. The council body changes periodically so why would you let one person run you off? Perhaps because you might be thinking about doing something else anyway? No, I don't know more about it than he does. Also, I don't believe the rest are followers because I know some of them and they think for themselves.
Tell the Truth

Leavenworth, KS

#94 Mar 3, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Russell Rogers said that this is the worst city council he had seen in over 30 years at the city. And he isn't the only one who has said that same thing. Robin Littrell left work in tears on many occasions because of members of this city council, and because of the constant pestering and accusations of a few of their supporters. They have been at odds with people and with community groups who normally don't have an enemy in the world. At some point you will have to admit that it is them and not everyone else.
So now you are Guest, Citizen X, and Blue Supporter. I hope you enjoy the conversations you are having with yourself because we are tired of it and are not interested in your propoganda. You are not fooling anyone.
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#95 Mar 4, 2010
Tell the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are Guest, Citizen X, and Blue Supporter. I hope you enjoy the conversations you are having with yourself because we are tired of it and are not interested in your propoganda. You are not fooling anyone.
I would like to respond to that by pointing out that you are a dipsh!t who knows nothing. I am not Supporter, and Guest disagrees with me more often than not. Try your detective skills again, because you have failed this time. I would suggest that you are the one trying to deceive because you see the popularity of your cause and your council members fading at a rate that scares the hell out of you.

United States

#96 Mar 4, 2010
Citizen X wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to respond to that by pointing out that you are a dipsh!t who knows nothing. I am not Supporter, and Guest disagrees with me more often than not. Try your detective skills again, because you have failed this time. I would suggest that you are the one trying to deceive because you see the popularity of your cause and your council members fading at a rate that scares the hell out of you.
That was your line last summer when you or some of your like minded pals insisted the councils popularity was in free fall and that they would be recalled by fall. Can't know for sure whether you post under any other name however some of your nasty comments sure seem familar to how Guest posts.

Cedar Rapids, IA

#97 Mar 4, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>That was your line last summer when you or some of your like minded pals insisted the councils popularity was in free fall and that they would be recalled by fall. Can't know for sure whether you post under any other name however some of your nasty comments sure seem familar to how Guest posts.
Speaking of a recall, what happened to the recall on Terrie Stanley? I thought all those anti terrie stanley people were going to have her thrown out of office?
Curious

United States

#98 Mar 4, 2010
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if there is a problem between the employees and the council somebody is not doing their job. The paper asking a question doesn't prove anything to me. If there are problems they need to go through the chain of command and I realize that sometimes that is a problem, but that's the way it works. There is no perfect job!
What is going to prove it for you? Doesn't seem like anything is. Too bad you don't have an open mind, otherwise you seem to be somewhat intelligent.
Curious

United States

#99 Mar 4, 2010
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not believe Russell Rogers worked for 30 years and left on account of one person. The council body changes periodically so why would you let one person run you off? Perhaps because you might be thinking about doing something else anyway? No, I don't know more about it than he does. Also, I don't believe the rest are followers because I know some of them and they think for themselves.
ASK RUSSELL ROGERS HIMSELF. He will tell you. I even believe that he wrote a letter to the editor about it. Why would he leave when he was so close to retirement? WAKE UP NORTON.
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#100 Mar 4, 2010
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
ASK RUSSELL ROGERS HIMSELF. He will tell you. I even believe that he wrote a letter to the editor about it. Why would he leave when he was so close to retirement? WAKE UP NORTON.
I can tell you why he would leave when he was close to retirement. Why don't you check out the City's retirement and see how wonderful it is. HA! Apparently, he had worked enough years to retire. So why not draw that retirement and get another job. WALLAH!.........probably more income and less pressure? There seems to be something going on most anywhere a person works these days and I think Russel Rogers is tough enough that he wouldn't let one council person bother him. Perhaps there were reasons he doesn't want to discuss! I don't really know. Maybe he was just tired of years of "this and that" going on!
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#101 Mar 4, 2010
Norton wrote:
<quoted text>
I can tell you why he would leave when he was close to retirement. Why don't you check out the City's retirement and see how wonderful it is. HA! Apparently, he had worked enough years to retire. So why not draw that retirement and get another job. WALLAH!.........probably more income and less pressure? There seems to be something going on most anywhere a person works these days and I think Russel Rogers is tough enough that he wouldn't let one council person bother him. Perhaps there were reasons he doesn't want to discuss! I don't really know. Maybe he was just tired of years of "this and that" going on!
So what you just said is that Rogers lied. I wonder if there is any situation under which you would not blame anyone and everyone else, other than Stanley, for the chaos she causes.
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#102 Mar 4, 2010
And by the way, isn't it interesting that when it serves your purposes, the city employees are well-paid and have excellent benefits. Now that you need to spin it the other way, their benefits are crappy.
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#103 Mar 4, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>That was your line last summer when you or some of your like minded pals insisted the councils popularity was in free fall and that they would be recalled by fall. Can't know for sure whether you post under any other name however some of your nasty comments sure seem familar to how Guest posts.
It just doesn't fit your agenda to allow the thought that there is more than one person who thinks this city council is crap. But hey, thanks for renewing the call for a recall petition. Maybe it will bring about a new effort!
Norton

Kansas City, MO

#104 Mar 4, 2010
Citizen X wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you just said is that Rogers lied. I wonder if there is any situation under which you would not blame anyone and everyone else, other than Stanley, for the chaos she causes.
I never said Rogers lied. I was giving my opinion. You are a pinhead and change everything around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CopBlock | Reporting Police Abuse Tue umustbtrouble 4
Will Jerry Brown bankrupt the City of Lexington... Tue Info 2
City Personnel (Joe) driving City White Impala (Sep '16) Tue Info 9
Lexington School District Operations Position (Jan '17) Tue Info 10
Amy Watkins Probation Officer (Apr '11) Jul 20 hereinfo 32
32 felonies & free in Richmond Jul 8 Itdoesntmatterwhoiam 8
ray county sheriff dept (May '13) Jul 4 FuckYuns 34

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance