Jim Robins quote
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
country guest

United States

#1 Feb 27, 2010
Did anyone catch the quote by the superintendent concerning the declining enrollment numbers?

That part of the reason the numbers have declined over the last four years is because "there have been fewer births" in Richmond.

Ok, so this 'rocket scientist' is blaming the drop on a four year period that would include children not even eligible to attend school??

It looked to me that a major drop happened from this year's senior class of 116, that had over 130 students as freshmen. Which would have nothing to do with the number of births over the last four years.

But I guess it could be related to the lack of sexual activity among married people in this town, which might reflect the large number of divorces over that same period. ;)

Maybe the real issue in the school district starts at the top, and works its way down. After all, they have fired one of their own already this past month. Maybe they should also look at the high school administration, since that also seems to be a problem keeping kids in the high school.

Cedar Rapids, IA

#2 Feb 27, 2010
country guest wrote:
Did anyone catch the quote by the superintendent concerning the declining enrollment numbers?
That part of the reason the numbers have declined over the last four years is because "there have been fewer births" in Richmond.
Ok, so this 'rocket scientist' is blaming the drop on a four year period that would include children not even eligible to attend school??
It looked to me that a major drop happened from this year's senior class of 116, that had over 130 students as freshmen. Which would have nothing to do with the number of births over the last four years.
But I guess it could be related to the lack of sexual activity among married people in this town, which might reflect the large number of divorces over that same period. ;)
Maybe the real issue in the school district starts at the top, and works its way down. After all, they have fired one of their own already this past month. Maybe they should also look at the high school administration, since that also seems to be a problem keeping kids in the high school.
Interesting. So if there are fewer births in Richmond it had to happen long before Robbins came to Richmond. I would be interested to see where he got his statistics.

Cedar Rapids, IA

#3 Feb 27, 2010
If the school board accepts that answer then it's no wonder Richmond has a declining enrollment. Maybe it's the quality of education that the students aren't recieving. I wonder if the cookie, cake and candy sales are down also.
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#4 Feb 27, 2010
I'm glad to see that you badmouth the school district as well as the city. How about the county government? Are they immune to your disapproval?
country guest

Pekin, IL

#5 Feb 27, 2010
Citizen X wrote:
I'm glad to see that you badmouth the school district as well as the city. How about the county government? Are they immune to your disapproval?
I don't just 'badmouth' the school district, in fact you can go to one of the other threads and see that I have no problem supporting the teachers and coaches (ie-good things about my hometown). But I have no respect for some of the unprofessional administrators in this district, and statements like the one from Robins only show their incompetence.
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#6 Feb 28, 2010
country guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't just 'badmouth' the school district, in fact you can go to one of the other threads and see that I have no problem supporting the teachers and coaches (ie-good things about my hometown). But I have no respect for some of the unprofessional administrators in this district, and statements like the one from Robins only show their incompetence.
Good for you. I was responding to the post immediately before mine, from the ever-negative Guest who leads cheers for the Stanley Clan.
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#7 Feb 28, 2010
So how bout it, Guest from Richmond? Why is there never a word from you about the county?

Cedar Rapids, IA

#8 Feb 28, 2010
Citizen X wrote:
So how bout it, Guest from Richmond? Why is there never a word from you about the county?
start a thread about the county and let's see where it goes.
Citizen suX

Leavenworth, KS

#9 Feb 28, 2010
Citizen X wrote:
How bout it Guest, are you gonna draw or am I gonna hav ta shoot ya wher ya stand? hehehe

Cedar Rapids, IA

#10 Feb 28, 2010
Citizen suX wrote:
<quoted text>
How bout it Guest, are you gonna draw or am I gonna hav ta shoot ya wher ya stand? hehehe
Do you think the county would trade Roger Fitzwater for Lance Green?
Citizen suX

Leavenworth, KS

#11 Feb 28, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a county inmate would make a good trade for Lance Green. They could just change places.
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#12 Feb 28, 2010
Citizen suX wrote:
<quoted text>
I think a county inmate would make a good trade for Lance Green. They could just change places.
It's tricky when you change your name like that, isn't it! Or so you think anyway.
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#13 Feb 28, 2010
Citizen suX wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of inmates, you ever hear any of those storied about jailers and inmates?
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#14 Feb 28, 2010
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the city can afford the donuts to have Fitzwater. Maybe the county can, now that the $180,000 of city money was given to them.
Citizen suX

Leavenworth, KS

#15 Feb 28, 2010
Citizen X wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of inmates, you ever hear any of those storied about jailers and inmates?
Enlighten me.
Citizen X

Des Moines, IA

#16 Feb 28, 2010
Citizen suX wrote:
<quoted text>
Enlighten me.
I have a feeling you already know all about it.
Citizen suX

Leavenworth, KS

#17 Feb 28, 2010
Citizen X wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a feeling you already know all about it.
Obviously you do.
Duh

Warrensburg, MO

#18 Apr 13, 2011
Robins is just a big joke
Babies

Clinton, IA

#19 Apr 13, 2011
It suprises me that the enrollment is down considering the increased number of high schoolers having kids at RHS.

We're praising sophomores for having babies. Marriage apparently has nothing to do with that.
Sister

Clinton, IA

#20 Apr 13, 2011
Babies wrote:
It suprises me that the enrollment is down considering the increased number of high schoolers having kids at RHS.
We're praising sophomores for having babies. Marriage apparently has nothing to do with that.
Pipe down, you are out of line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IG Construction (Oct '13) 22 hr BBB 5
Skyler Tosspon Sep 28 Lil foot 10
Enjoy Sep 28 exp 2
Thomas Gardener (Apr '15) Sep 27 BroD 4
Meagan Dye cheats on her husband Sep 25 Aprilmcdale 1
Lisa Hastings must go (Oct '12) Sep 25 Voter 55
City Personnel (Joe) driving City White Impala Sep 24 Not Alone 8

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance