Jiffy lube messed up my engine

Jiffy lube messed up my engine

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bullitt

Richmond, KY

#1 Jun 20, 2011
I had an oil change at jiffy lube 2 days later my motor knocks and it has blow by and is junk now, what should I do? Sue them to buy me a new motor?
Bill

Richmond, KY

#2 Jun 23, 2011
You're not going to get anything from them. They carry NO liability for it.
Besides, if you are taking your car to those idiots to change your oil, you should just expect them to mess something up.
Mr Jiffy

Richmond, KY

#3 Jun 23, 2011
Listen up, I checked into this matter and found that your car had real high miles and the engine was worn out when you brought it in and therefore no liability on our part.
Bill

Richmond, KY

#4 Jun 23, 2011
Mr Jiffy wrote:
Listen up, I checked into this matter and found that your car had real high miles and the engine was worn out when you brought it in and therefore no liability on our part.
Don't even try this.
Mileage/wear would have nothing to do with the liability. If you worked at one of these pathetic shops, you would know such. A simple oil change would not affect an engine in the manner described.
Quit trolling.
rachel

Richmond, KY

#5 Jun 23, 2011
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't even try this.
Mileage/wear would have nothing to do with the liability. If you worked at one of these pathetic shops, you would know such. A simple oil change would not affect an engine in the manner described.
Quit trolling.

i had my car oil changed there, and it messed up, my husband said it was thinner oil in the motor which caused the bearings to go, so did the mechanic, and age and miles has nothing to do with it
How Could This Happen

Ironton, OH

#6 Jun 23, 2011
It amazes me that people make high-dollar purchases - like cars, computers, and so on - without ever bothering to learn anything about them.

Sure, I take my vehicle to quick oil change places from time to time - I don't have a good place at the apartment to work on it myself, and only a few basic tools. But I know precisely which brand and type of oil (and how much) to instruct them to use, and watch to see that it's done right each time. Know what tire pressure your vehicle manufacturer recommends - not always what's stamped into the tire! And never trust their little computer to have the right numbers! When you leave, check that the dipstick is in place, the filters are all secured, and that the damned drainplug is in!

If you don't know what these things are, then use some of your Topix time to google your vehicle and find out. Worth it.

Same goes for computers. I can't tell you how often I've had to fix a computer for a friend or fam, and wind up giving a basic course on things like Windows security updates, keeping proper up-to-date anti-virus/anti-malware software, keeping the firewall on, and (my favorite) how NOT to install 13 different kinds of adware and unnecessary toolbars by paying attention when downloading and installing things and UNchecking the little boxes that opt you in for such things.

People just expect to be able to operate a vehicle or other equipment and never have to take any action to maintain them. That works, if you're wealthy and can buy a new one when you screw the old one up. But if you depend on whatever it is you're driving, and either strapped for cash or not a complete idiot, and especially if you're driving an older vehicle that needs extra TLC by default, you ought to educate yourself on how to keep it running.

Otherwise, you deserve to walk.
earl

Richmond, KY

#7 Jun 23, 2011
Fk it, I'll just walk
thune

London, KY

#8 Jun 23, 2011
I went to Jiffy Lube ONCE. Never again. I ended up paying 60.00 and the silly extra stuff wasn't needed. Stay away from that place. They have special ed. guys working there. Run from that place.All I wanted was an oil change. I didn't want or need my carpet cleaned, windows washed etc.. They add stuff they don't tell you about and hike the bill. I would NEVER EVER go there again.
Yeah

Richmond, KY

#9 Jun 24, 2011
I went to Evans a year or so back for an oil change. Less than a week later, the oil light came on and my car was 2 1/2 quarts low. I just don't trust these places anymore
boss

United States

#10 Jun 24, 2011
People should find better things to do than make up stories on here. Get a life!!!!!!
bullitt

Richmond, KY

#11 Jun 24, 2011
no one is making up stories!! idc who u are but ur just tryin to start stuff boss puss
Valvoline

Lexington, KY

#12 Jun 24, 2011
Stay away from the Valvoline instant oil change place out by KFC. I have had MANY problems from them in the past. The last time I went there for an oil change, they checked the air pressure in my tires. A few days later, I noticed that one of my valve stem caps was missing, and the other three were loose. How hard could it be to tighten them back? Stay away from these "instant oil change" places. They are usually a bunch of kids who don't know crap about working on cars.
opinion

United States

#13 Jun 24, 2011
I have had my car serviced at jiffy lube in richmond ever since they opened. They are always professional, curteous, and professional. Sounds like your experience is not the way most go. I LOVE THOSE GUYS AND WOULD NEVER TAKE MY CAR ANYWHERE ELSE. As a matter of fact....everyone in my family goes there and never had any problems. Sorry your experience was not that good, but they are the best place in richmond. Maybe you should call and talk to them. They have always bent over backwards to help me. They even picked my car up and delivered it back to me while i was at work one day. In my opinion.....their customer service exceeds every other place i have ever been.
Bill

Richmond, KY

#14 Jun 24, 2011
How Could This Happen wrote:
It amazes me that people make high-dollar purchases - like cars, computers, and so on - without ever bothering to learn anything about them.
Sure, I take my vehicle to quick oil change places from time to time - I don't have a good place at the apartment to work on it myself, and only a few basic tools. But I know precisely which brand and type of oil (and how much) to instruct them to use, and watch to see that it's done right each time. Know what tire pressure your vehicle manufacturer recommends - not always what's stamped into the tire! And never trust their little computer to have the right numbers! When you leave, check that the dipstick is in place, the filters are all secured, and that the damned drainplug is in!
If you don't know what these things are, then use some of your Topix time to google your vehicle and find out. Worth it.
Same goes for computers. I can't tell you how often I've had to fix a computer for a friend or fam, and wind up giving a basic course on things like Windows security updates, keeping proper up-to-date anti-virus/anti-malware software, keeping the firewall on, and (my favorite) how NOT to install 13 different kinds of adware and unnecessary toolbars by paying attention when downloading and installing things and UNchecking the little boxes that opt you in for such things.
People just expect to be able to operate a vehicle or other equipment and never have to take any action to maintain them. That works, if you're wealthy and can buy a new one when you screw the old one up. But if you depend on whatever it is you're driving, and either strapped for cash or not a complete idiot, and especially if you're driving an older vehicle that needs extra TLC by default, you ought to educate yourself on how to keep it running.
Otherwise, you deserve to walk.
You're an idiot.
Why in the world would your tire manufacturer not put the proper tire pressure on the tire itself? Why would a tire company intentionally stamp the WRONG tire pressure on a tire? What company would set themselves up with that kind of liability?
People like you have their heads SO FAR up their asses, it's incredible...
Bob

Canaan, CT

#15 Jul 14, 2011
Bill from KY, YOU are the idiot. You NEVER put the pressures listed on the sidewall in the tire. Read the owners manual or doorjam for correct pressure which is about 20 pounds LESS.
Could be right

United States

#17 Jul 15, 2011
Got to agree with Bob from CT there Bill.

The pressure listed on the tire is typically max/min pressures FOR THE TIRE based on its use, speed rating, compound (among other things).

Each vehicle has recommended tire pressures listed on the vehicle info plate and these seldom match the pressures listed on the tire.

These pressures on the vehicle plate are determined by the vehicle mfg and contribute to the vehicles handling, ride, and braking based on vehicle type, use, weight distribution and a ton of other crap.
Bill

Richmond, KY

#18 Jul 15, 2011
Could be right wrote:
Got to agree with Bob from CT there Bill.
The pressure listed on the tire is typically max/min pressures FOR THE TIRE based on its use, speed rating, compound (among other things).
Each vehicle has recommended tire pressures listed on the vehicle info plate and these seldom match the pressures listed on the tire.
These pressures on the vehicle plate are determined by the vehicle mfg and contribute to the vehicles handling, ride, and braking based on vehicle type, use, weight distribution and a ton of other crap.
That's like a shoe manufacturer telling you how tight to tie your laces.
Factory tire pressures presented by CAR MANUFACTURERS are for the tires installed at the FACTORY ONLY. That's the difference.
If you get a different type/brand of tire other than the ones your car left the factory with, YOU GO BY THE TIRE PRESSURE LISTED ON THE TIRE.
You guys are completely insane with this shit.
The real truth-t

Hilton Head Island, SC

#19 Jul 15, 2011
The pressures listed on the vehicle or in the owner's manual are ONLY for the oem/oed tires. Each tire manufacturer has a specification for each for their tire models which IS noted on the side wall. That is what you go by.
Jdm

Richmond, KY

#20 Jul 15, 2011
Do u know how to stretch a tire on my drift wheels
Hmmm

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Oct 2, 2012
Bob wrote:
Bill from KY, YOU are the idiot. You NEVER put the pressures listed on the sidewall in the tire. Read the owners manual or doorjam for correct pressure which is about 20 pounds LESS.
first of all depending on the tire it is you idiot unless you buy your tires in the ozark it shows it on the side and two jiffy lube sucks your taking a chance go to the place you purchased your car or learn to do it yourself it can b done if there special ed then you should be able to do so and thank god for computers cause it keeps pussys like you from getting smacked in the head lol just saying you get what you pay for if you want cheap jiffy lube is your guy check you out on the side of the road

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Too Good For The Old / Used Up Ugly Fat Women 2 min Laughing at the M... 13
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min ChromiuMan 151,894
Friday Night 47 min pepe 2
Married Cougar at Quanex 1 hr dman123 12
Woman In Black Dress and Glasses I Saw Leaving ... 6 hr Edtardation 183
Loud cars and mufflers (Mar '09) 7 hr That Guy 40
Milo Thompson Technolgies Free Web pages (Nov '12) 9 hr smileyface 4

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages