YMCA gets new director

YMCA gets new director

There are 21 comments on the Richmond Register story from Nov 24, 2009, titled YMCA gets new director. In it, Richmond Register reports that:

After one month as executive director of the Telford Community Center YMCA, Debi Downing White is excited about making positive changes and moving the Telford YMCA forward.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Richmond Register.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
child care

United States

#1 Dec 7, 2009
they need to replace Patricia Clark, she allows picks a chooses favorites.... workers and children. treats some better than others. Lets some workers get by with everything and breathes down other employees necks. her children get there from school and she lets them eat up all the kids food in the kitchen. They dont have a very good menu for kids.... i dont believe most 2 yr olds like chili and they make it with sugar. try switchin up the menu, Patty sucks as a director!
momof2

Richmond, KY

#2 Dec 7, 2009
what alternatives do we have ?
Kim

Hillsboro, KY

#3 Dec 7, 2009
patty is a great lady! You try her job for one day! you would be crazy
paula

United States

#4 Dec 8, 2009
Paula Deen puts sugar in her chili so I don't see what the promblem is with that recipe! Just look how her boys turned out! I don't see why you're complaining.
yuck

United States

#5 Dec 8, 2009
I know some people who put sugar in their chili but I like it better without sugar. Just my personal opinion. As far as Ms. Clark I cant say anything don't know her very well.
What the F

United States

#6 Dec 8, 2009
Someone should call the FBI!
Crazy

United States

#7 Dec 8, 2009
For some one to say this about Patti has lost there mind. If you stepped in her shoes for probably 1 hour you would pull all your hair out. I know Patti very well and I think the person who wrote this is clueless. The immature person that has time to criticize someone on topix pretty much does not have a life. Putting brown sugar in a kids chili is not a crime. I think maybe they should replace there child care staff because i have heard a lot of things about them! So over all Patti is a great worker. Love you Mrs. Patti.
whatever

United States

#8 Dec 8, 2009
Patti is a great child care director! She is great with the kids and really cares about her job. If you have complaints, go talk to Tonya Wenz, Patti's boss. I am sure they will help you if you really have concerns. You are probably an ex employee who did something wrong.
someone who knows

Morehead, KY

#9 Dec 8, 2009
Kim wrote:
patty is a great lady! You try her job for one day! you would be crazy
patty has built program at the ymca she works very hard, she let barbie her sister work there that is were she went wrong,but being the super nice person she is,she gave her sister and mom a job but they were the ones who were not nice to the kids,patty would do anything for anyone kids and would never harm them. patty has a big heart.hang in there patty you are great.
i know this

Maysville, KY

#10 Dec 9, 2009
So whoever wrote that first message is seriously ignorant & pathetic. I think you should get a life and do your own job. If you think you're so much better than Patti, prove it. Oh wait, that's right; you have a lower position than her- darn.. You must feel pretty low about yourself if you have the time to get on topix and criticize someone about what they do. Get a life and find something else to occupy you're time. It's obvious that you have nothing better to do. You're a childish individual who makes fun of someone else just to make yourself feel better. What a low life.
Telford YMCA Employee

Jackson, KY

#11 Dec 15, 2009
I am very thankful that we now have Debi White as our leader...

To everyone else...

I thought that this article was about Richmond? Go post on your own forum about your director.
fudm

Waterloo, Canada

#12 Dec 15, 2009
Does David Moore work there
YMCA Dues

Anderson, SC

#13 Dec 15, 2009
My dues have gone up, I'm told it is cheaper to join the RAC, YMCA staff is unfriendly, and just opened my locker that was crawling with cockroaches. Time for me to cancel my membershp

“Lil Bear Daycare”

Since: Apr 09

Flemingsburg

#14 Dec 15, 2009
I come on topix most of the time to find and help people find good homes for the animals they can’t keep…BUT…I am a daycare owner and state licensed for 14 years. I really get tired hearing people put us down…Our chosen profession takes a special person, granted there are a few that shouldn’t call their self a “provider”, but most of us love our job. There are bad apples in each bunch…but try taken care of 10 to 12 kids ranging from birth to 4 and 5 years old everyday of the year…but I open my door every day with a smile, and I love my kids…yes I said my kids. Because when I care and provider for them 8 to 16 hrs per day, they are my kids during that time and I would give my life for them if needed, and I’d kill if anyone tried to hurt them…so do me a hard working woman, mother, provider, cook, nurse, teacher, etc…a favor and go dog a different profession for a while….Happy Holidays to All
You Go

United States

#15 Dec 18, 2009
Telford YMCA Employee wrote:
I am very thankful that we now have Debi White as our leader...
To everyone else...
I thought that this article was about Richmond? Go post on your own forum about your director.
Debi is great!
Y guy

Richmond, KY

#17 Dec 18, 2009
Deb White is a breath of fresh air. A real improvement. Been at the Y since it opened in the 80's. Much more professional, a great attitude & if you mention something it is corrected by the next day. Could not be more pleased.
omg

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Dec 19, 2009
the lifeguards are totally rude......can't say bad things about the director though
comment

Granbury, TX

#19 Dec 20, 2009
To OMG

Well, if you would follow rules the lifeguards would not be rude.......
OMG

Cincinnati, OH

#20 Dec 20, 2009
I follow all the rules..they were rude to my children....sorry for the misunderstanding

Richmond, KY

#21 Jun 22, 2010
comment wrote:
To OMG
Well, if you would follow rules the lifeguards would not be rude.......
Not necessarily.....I follow the rules and I make my children follow the rules but keep getting dirty looks and snotty attitudes from the lifeguards and recently my child was reprimanded for jumping in the pool after three other children jumped in and nothing was said to them.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Unremarkable History of Edturd 1 hr Molly 632
Who is the cutest Richmond City Cop (Feb '10) 2 hr leroi 75
found dog 3 hr Yorkie friend 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Paul 163,842
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 8 hr Jennifer Renee 41,458
Romicah Blythe (Aug '09) 15 hr fam 42
Madison County in the 60s and 70s (Apr '09) 17 hr JACK 1,589

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance