Precision Broadband Time Warner Cable

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truth

Richmond, KY

#1 Mar 19, 2012
Do you want to know why some of the good Techs will not stay with Time Warner? Its because of the pay! They have made it to where you would only bring in 250 300 weekly and having to go down to London and work 10 hrs days and only bring home 150.00 That's why some of Techs left. They had to dock more pay out due to gas prices rising and after you look into whats going on its not worth the time you have to put in.
Know this

Richmond, KY

#2 Mar 19, 2012
I knew something was up because I had a good friend that went to work there back in Aug. and he did not stay long! He liked the people but the pay was a little low to have to be out all day!
Know this

Richmond, KY

#3 Mar 20, 2012
well well
fine as wine

Whitewater, WI

#4 Dec 5, 2012
Well I can tell you this much! The Tech that drives truck 280 for Precision Broadband is hot! Does anyone know his name?
NKY

Burlington, KY

#5 Mar 30, 2013
fine as wine wrote:
Well I can tell you this much! The Tech that drives truck 280 for Precision Broadband is hot! Does anyone know his name?
What region?
RBl

Morehead, KY

#6 Jun 24, 2013
Does anyone know what they start you out at far as pay wise?. Thats with no experience. I know most places paid a Piece rate, but seen they offer a hour rate. SO just curious on what the hour rate is.
you idiot

Lexington, KY

#7 Jun 27, 2013
maybe if you had a job where skill, talent, knowledge, information, education, or something a trained monkey could do, was a factor... then maybe, just maybe the pay would be better. you know, one that requires at least a high school education. a job wear you showing off your plumbers crack wasn't a requirement. a job where pants were required, or even jeans for that matter.
Bubba52

Richmond, KY

#8 Jun 27, 2013
Wear does this guy want two work?
John

Louisville, KY

#9 Jun 29, 2013
RBl wrote:
Does anyone know what they start you out at far as pay wise?. Thats with no experience. I know most places paid a Piece rate, but seen they offer a hour rate. SO just curious on what the hour rate is.
start with 1 month training with 8.50/hr. After that that piece work rate only. avg makes about 10/15 hr. But make sure if that's what you want to do!
Cool

Richmond, KY

#10 Jun 30, 2013
fine as wine wrote:
That was T Gibson who drove that truck at that time.
cableman

Loveland, OH

#11 Oct 30, 2013
you idiot wrote:
maybe if you had a job where skill, talent, knowledge, information, education, or something a trained monkey could do, was a factor... then maybe, just maybe the pay would be better. you know, one that requires at least a high school education. a job wear you showing off your plumbers crack wasn't a requirement. a job where pants were required, or even jeans for that matter.
Hahahaha!! I love my job!! I have a degree brother!! You obviously couldn't hang in this business. You probably worked for us and lasted three months. I have your trained monkey right here loser!!!
PBIsucks

Marion, OH

#12 Jan 28, 2014
I wasted 3 years at PBI, what joke outfit, needless to say I moved on to greener pastures. Still in the cable business, just employed by people that offer 2 weeks vacation, 7 paid personal days, 5 paid sick days in your first year, hard to beat.... And oh yeah, I get paid overtime at 1.5 times regular pay
Derp-Free

West Liberty, KY

#13 Jan 29, 2014
PBIsucks wrote:
I wasted 3 years at PBI, what joke outfit, needless to say I moved on to greener pastures. Still in the cable business, just employed by people that offer 2 weeks vacation, 7 paid personal days, 5 paid sick days in your first year, hard to beat.... And oh yeah, I get paid overtime at 1.5 times regular pay
What company, and do they have a market in the Ashland area?
Atheist

Richmond, KY

#14 Jan 29, 2014
Time Warner continues to be the absolute worst cable company I've ever has the displeasure of being forced to deal with.

The actual Techs that are forced to show up and verify that yes, the problem is not at my house, are the only ones that actually have a clue about what's going on.
Love God

Loveland, OH

#15 Feb 3, 2014
Atheist wrote:
Time Warner continues to be the absolute worst cable company I've ever has the displeasure of being forced to deal with.
The actual Techs that are forced to show up and verify that yes, the problem is not at my house, are the only ones that actually have a clue about what's going on.
God bless you!! I'll pray for you.
Atheist

Richmond, KY

#16 Feb 3, 2014
Love God wrote:
<quoted text>
God bless you!! I'll pray for you.
I would rather you start a Cable Company that offers reliable service at reasonable prices.

Baby steps I guess.
Work horse

Atlanta, GA

#17 Feb 5, 2014
truth wrote:
Do you want to know why some of the good Techs will not stay with Time Warner? Its because of the pay! They have made it to where you would only bring in 250 300 weekly and having to go down to London and work 10 hrs days and only bring home 150.00 That's why some of Techs left. They had to dock more pay out due to gas prices rising and after you look into whats going on its not worth the time you have to put in.
thays truly sad in every way. They work hard and this is behind me as to how the comp has stayed a float.
dr doom

Louisville, KY

#18 Mar 15, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
start with 1 month training with 8.50/hr. After that that piece work rate only. avg makes about 10/15 hr. But make sure if that's what you want to do!
1 month training is not enough. They send you guys out blind if that's all you get.
pbi1

Cincinnati, OH

#19 Apr 13, 2014
Actually 1 month training is not correct. Don't know where you received your information but 4 weeks is based on the techs. Experienced techs maybe 2 to 3 weeks. I have seen techs take up to 6-8 weeks. There is no base line or standard due to every tech is different. But as far as the 10-15 an hour. Well that depends on the tech. Our average tech now with the new pay rate will put in about 55-60 hours a week. The good tech will bring in about 13 to 1400 a week.

Columbus, OH

#20 Apr 14, 2014
pbi1 wrote:
Actually 1 month training is not correct. Don't know where you received your information but 4 weeks is based on the techs. Experienced techs maybe 2 to 3 weeks. I have seen techs take up to 6-8 weeks. There is no base line or standard due to every tech is different. But as far as the 10-15 an hour. Well that depends on the tech. Our average tech now with the new pay rate will put in about 55-60 hours a week. The good tech will bring in about 13 to 1400 a week.
PBI seems very promising. I like the fact that you are paid based I your work. I work hard everywhere I go. I just got the job at PBI and I'm excited.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
you know who you are 13 min donehidingfromthe... 1
Man to man 57 min Kimtarded 6
The person who constantly posts about "David" 1 hr Kimtarded 3
Thinking About M Now 1 hr translation 77
Real Advice Please In Love With No One 2 hr NotEdStRanger 172
Poor side of town 4 hr Anne 6
What's being built 4 hr Lola 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages