what do you think about the changes a...

what do you think about the changes at the food stamp office?

Posted in the Richmond Forum

maddi

Tucker, GA

#1 Apr 27, 2013
do you like the changes?
stop

Berea, KY

#2 Apr 27, 2013
maddi wrote:
do you like the changes?
What changes?
The one

Richmond, KY

#3 Apr 27, 2013
Drug testing
Kristy

North Vernon, IN

#5 Apr 27, 2013
What changes? If they are changing, I so hope it means the people who sit on their ass and draw food stamps have to get out and work 20 or more hours weekly to continue receiving benefits. I am tired of working my ass off and paying taxes for these sorry people who are able to work.
hey

Ironton, OH

#6 Apr 27, 2013
Kristy wrote:
What changes? If they are changing, I so hope it means the people who sit on their ass and draw food stamps have to get out and work 20 or more hours weekly to continue receiving benefits. I am tired of working my ass off and paying taxes for these sorry people who are able to work.
This has been a requirement for a while now. You have to work at least 20 hours and prove it, volunteer 20 hours and prove it, OR be registered at the unemployment office to be looking for work.
waste

Berea, KY

#7 Apr 27, 2013
Get rid of EBT go back to commodities so these losers won't be 1. Selling their food stamps to buy drugs 2. Buying luxury and junk food. No more steak and mountain dew. Government cheese and powdered milk for all.
Sam

Richmond, KY

#8 Apr 27, 2013
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
This has been a requirement for a while now. You have to work at least 20 hours and prove it, volunteer 20 hours and prove it, OR be registered at the unemployment office to be looking for work.
This is not true I know of a lot of people who do not work at all and recieve ebt!!
hey

Ironton, OH

#9 Apr 28, 2013
Well, just because it was poorly enforced doesn't mean that it hasn't been a rule. I work 40+ hours a week and receive ebt benefits. I think I know what the requirements are and what they have been for a few years now.
true

United States

#10 Apr 28, 2013
Actually the changes make it easier to receive benefits. All you have to do is call a 1855 number and apply. They mail u a paper and u sign and turn it in. Bam...theres your food stamps. You dont even have to drive to their office anymore.
Ethic

London, KY

#11 Apr 28, 2013
The worst is people drawing disability for a minor problem they had 20 yrs ago. Like anxiety. Get over it.
true

United States

#12 Apr 28, 2013
Really? I didnt know you could get disability for that! WOW
Hello

Richmond, KY

#13 Apr 28, 2013
hey wrote:
Well, just because it was poorly enforced doesn't mean that it hasn't been a rule. I work 40+ hours a week and receive ebt benefits. I think I know what the requirements are and what they have been for a few years now.
I also work and recieve ebt but I have a lot of friends that doesn't work at all and recieve a heck of a lot more then I do.So it doesn't matter if its a rule or not if its not being enforced!
hey

Ironton, OH

#14 Apr 28, 2013
Hello wrote:
<quoted text> I also work and recieve ebt but I have a lot of friends that doesn't work at all and recieve a heck of a lot more then I do.So it doesn't matter if its a rule or not if its not being enforced!
Then you need to report them. If you are aware of a law being broken, then you have a civic responsibility to report it to the proper authorities. Falsifying papers to receive benefits of any kind is against the law. Here is the info:
"To report Medicaid and welfare fraud, please call:
(800) 372-2970
The call is free and you may call any time. If you want to talk to an investigator, please call Mon.- Fri. 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Eastern time. At other times you may leave a message."

People will continue to get away with it if the rest of us turn blind eyes.
Hello

Richmond, KY

#15 Apr 28, 2013
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you need to report them. If you are aware of a law being broken, then you have a civic responsibility to report it to the proper authorities. Falsifying papers to receive benefits of any kind is against the law. Here is the info:
"To report Medicaid and welfare fraud, please call:
(800) 372-2970
The call is free and you may call any time. If you want to talk to an investigator, please call Mon.- Fri. 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Eastern time. At other times you may leave a message."
People will continue to get away with it if the rest of us turn blind eyes.
I have reported a few it doesn't do any good they say they will check into it but nothing is ever done!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min Strel 157,961
How Can You Be Happy With Disappointment? 5 min ColeCash 155
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 39,983
Feel stupid yet? 1 hr Cheeto Face Assclown 25
carrie from smith village 1 hr jodi 9
life is full of choices 3 hr tipsy 14
Downtown Bars are Gone (Jul '10) 4 hr Jimbo 49
How often do you spank your wife (Mar '13) Jan 13 hot 123

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages