What make a girl attractive to you?
jim

Georgetown, KY

#2 Feb 26, 2012
personality
hmm

Bowie, MD

#3 Feb 26, 2012
I'd love to get together and I can tell u :) attractive guy here. Interested?
Me Personally

Richmond, KY

#4 Feb 26, 2012
When I was a younger man, I was pretty picky about looks: Generally attractive features and figure, good proportions, not too much extra weight, very appearance-centric.

When I got a little older, and sex was no longer my sole motivation and goal at every outing, personality played a bigger role, and physical standards - while still important to a degree - weren't as strict... And admittedly, at certain times and on certain outings, when sex was once more my only goal in an evening, I'd relax my physical standards to the extreme to get what I wanted in the short-term (something I'd not have been capable of when younger and pickier).

Eventually, I came up with a sort of Total Package Standard, where personality and intellect compensate for physical shortcomings to a point; a gal can be average or below average in appearance but make up for it in attitude and wit, as long as she's not completely fugly. The figure, however, must still be at least vaguely feminine; I can't get into a gal with a the figure of a tree stump, a sack of taters, or a beach ball, no matter how much personality she might have. She's gotta have teeth, can't be overly mannish, or have a complexion like a sausage pizza. But some pudge in and of itself isn't a deal-breaker, if she can at least carry on a decent conversation.

As for personality: Minimal drama - none of that trashy, ghetto, constantly fighting with other chicks or ex-bf/hubby/baby-daddy b.s., or she's a no-go. Don't mind a gal with a past, and fine with kids, but if she lives in the past, she's got no future. Some shred of brains and wit, sense of humor, honesty, adventurous, real. Similar morals and interests are a must.

And while a few drinks and some good times are okay by me, no time for alcoholics, no illegal drugs, no pills, or other similarly shady stuff... No exceptions on that.

That's about it.
guy

Bowie, MD

#5 Feb 26, 2012
Me Personally wrote:
When I was a younger man, I was pretty picky about looks: Generally attractive features and figure, good proportions, not too much extra weight, very appearance-centric.

When I got a little older, and sex was no longer my sole motivation and goal at every outing, personality played a bigger role, and physical standards - while still important to a degree - weren't as strict... And admittedly, at certain times and on certain outings, when sex was once more my only goal in an evening, I'd relax my physical standards to the extreme to get what I wanted in the short-term (something I'd not have been capable of when younger and pickier).

Eventually, I came up with a sort of Total Package Standard, where personality and intellect compensate for physical shortcomings to a point; a gal can be average or below average in appearance but make up for it in attitude and wit, as long as she's not completely fugly. The figure, however, must still be at least vaguely feminine; I can't get into a gal with a the figure of a tree stump, a sack of taters, or a beach ball, no matter how much personality she might have. She's gotta have teeth, can't be overly mannish, or have a complexion like a sausage pizza. But some pudge in and of itself isn't a deal-breaker, if she can at least carry on a decent conversation.

As for personality: Minimal drama - none of that trashy, ghetto, constantly fighting with other chicks or ex-bf/hubby/baby-daddy b.s., or she's a no-go. Don't mind a gal with a past, and fine with kids, but if she lives in the past, she's got no future. Some shred of brains and wit, sense of humor, honesty, adventurous, real. Similar morals and interests are a must.

And while a few drinks and some good times are okay by me, no time for alcoholics, no illegal drugs, no pills, or other similarly shady stuff... No exceptions on that.

That's about it.
amazing. You said it perfectly. That's what I live by also
wow

Washington, DC

#6 Feb 26, 2012
A personal appearance can sometimes not be helped. There are a lit of female conditions that determine weight, acne, etc
Me Personally

Richmond, KY

#7 Feb 26, 2012
wow wrote:
A personal appearance can sometimes not be helped. There are a lit of female conditions that determine weight, acne, etc
Very true. But barring some impairment of the senses, we are visual, tactile creatures, and men (and women) are governed to an extent by some very basic animal instincts.

Most applicable of those in this case is the mating/breeding instinct, and the things we are all pre-programmed to look for in a partner: Relatively good health (to guarantee the best chance of healthy child bearing), certain proportions in the breast and hip area (again, bears on child-rearing potential), and features that are aesthetically pleasing (to create offspring that will be socially successful and successful in their own breeding attempts).

A woman who is overly obese or afflicted with other aesthetic challenges will have to work extra hard to overcome first impressions and the instinctive negative responses they may trigger. People are more complex than animals, and thus we're capable of acting on influences other than our base instincts. It's not impossible for men to see past the physical... but realistically, it's going to be a rare thing, because of those old, pre-programmed responses.

There's also the influence of pop culture and the media to overcome, which has skewed the physical ideal toward overly skinny, sometimes outlandishly endowed people like the Hollywood types and covergirls that drive normal girls and women to hate themselves. I don't hold to such extremes, and do not expect women to meet them.

But it's not unreasonable for me or anyone else to expect a partner to at least equal my own level of health and appearance, and I can't say looks aren't everything. That's not me being an ass or anything, it's just the reality of things.
Me Personally

Richmond, KY

#8 Feb 26, 2012
Meant to say (last paragraph):

"But it's not unreasonable for me or anyone else to expect a partner to at least equal *their* own level of health and appearance, and **while looks AREN'T everything, I can't honestly say they count for nothing at all.**"
hhhi

Richmond, KY

#9 Feb 29, 2012
I like a person who can carry themselves and are not ashamed or jealous of others

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman at lake Reba at bathrooms on 4th of July ... 12 min Quagmire 7
Must Have Tall, Slender, Single Dark Haired God... 14 min Ed Hieronymus 147
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 58 min Jennifer Renee 33,334
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 21,222
Looking for female friends 1 hr Bigblockfordboi 7
Married men 2 hr Ed Hieronymus 44
Married women wanted 2 hr Nice_guy37 3
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE