Married Man

Richmond, KY

#1 Apr 2, 2013
Is there any way after someone deletes the browsing history on a computer to be able to bring it back up and find out what they have been doing on the computer. Just courious.
honest

United States

#2 Apr 2, 2013
Don't know if you could ever retrieve that info but sometimes it will remember previously visited sites by just typing in a few letters. I know that's not much help, but it's worth a try if you supect any certain sites. One thing is for sure, if they are deleting the browser history they are hiding something. Good luck.
Married Man

Richmond, KY

#3 Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for the info, I already knew that just too many sites to do that and I honestly think it is just time to sit down and find out what the hell is actually going on here. But thanks.
cookie monster

Lexington, KY

#4 Apr 2, 2013
look at my the cookie files... (if the site sends/accepts one)
ABCD

San Diego, CA

#5 Apr 2, 2013
Read the index.dat file. It is hidden but just Google it. It is a Microsoft tag file and it records everywhere the computer has been on the internet, and cannot be deleted as Microsoft has it protected.
ABCD

San Diego, CA

#6 Apr 2, 2013
One more thing. Until the hard drive it was written on is melted into scrap, nothing is ever really gone.
user

Jeffersonville, IN

#7 Apr 3, 2013
Try using an undelete/recovery program. That will recover segments of the harddrive that have not been wrote over yet. Being browser cache chances are good that the data you are looking for has already been over ridin. Don't let the laptop be used until you have used the recovery software.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min reading 149,674
Tonetta Hoevenaar (Mar '15) 2 hr Richmond finest 110
Family means nithing 2 hr Anne 7
Haters 2 hr Anne 2
*uck David 2 hr Anne 6
My Plans For Today 3 hr Rachel 401
Local Politics Do you approve of Jim Barnes as Mayor? (May '14) 3 hr Austin Idol 299

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages