14 year old boy that accidentaly shot...

14 year old boy that accidentaly shot himself

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Lexington, KY

#1 Oct 25, 2010
this happened yesterday and I heard he died. Does anyone know anything about this?
gator

Richmond, KY

#2 Oct 25, 2010
OMG

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 25, 2010
did this happen on blakcwell court??? woke up yesterday morning to 1500 cops and an ambulance at an apartment down the road a man lived there with 2 kids i think him and his wife were in a divorce and the guy got the kids on the weekends cops went door to door asking if anyone heard gun shots and wouldnt say ne thing else i have been worried to death living so close and not knowing what happened this is so sad!!!!!
yes

Richmond, KY

#4 Oct 25, 2010
OMG wrote:
did this happen on blakcwell court??? woke up yesterday morning to 1500 cops and an ambulance at an apartment down the road a man lived there with 2 kids i think him and his wife were in a divorce and the guy got the kids on the weekends cops went door to door asking if anyone heard gun shots and wouldnt say ne thing else i have been worried to death living so close and not knowing what happened this is so sad!!!!!
That's the one....

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 26, 2010
I understand that the boy was a special ed child. Now I really want to know why this gun was anywhere near where this child could get the gun and shoot himself. I am sorry but if I did have a special ed child there would be no guns anywhere around that he could find it and use it. I am not in anyway trying to blame the family at all, just can't see how the child found it and used it.
unbelievable

Richmond, KY

#6 Oct 26, 2010
Throw those stones sister. Sit there on your fat ass and make judgments.
woah

London, KY

#7 Oct 26, 2010
"don't judge people. you're a fat ass."

did i read that right?

she made a single point, and it was a pretty reasonable one. what's your problem?
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#8 Oct 26, 2010
Only free men own guns!

(NRA bumper sticker)
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Oct 26, 2010
Walelah wrote:
I understand that the boy was a special ed child. Now I really want to know why this gun was anywhere near where this child could get the gun and shoot himself. I am sorry but if I did have a special ed child there would be no guns anywhere around that he could find it and use it. I am not in anyway trying to blame the family at all, just can't see how the child found it and used it.
Whoever left a loaded gun near this child IS to blame.
unbelievable

Richmond, KY

#10 Oct 26, 2010
Nothing like blame to make a person feel above it all. You have no idea what you're talking about yet you sew your opinions of hate for all the grieving family to see. At least wait for the body to be cold.
Tammy

Richmond, KY

#12 Oct 26, 2010
I'm a friend of the parents. If it's any of your business he had good parents.you don't need to judge anybody if you don't have a clue.I hate the way people get on here a post shit that nothing has to do with it .it could happen to Anybody.everything happens for a reason stupid!!!!
SAD

Columbus, OH

#13 Oct 26, 2010
it is really sad to get on here and blame someone for something when you have no idea what really happened just imagine the guilt the dad must already feel knowing this happened in his care things do happen for a reason maybe this happened to be a lesson to other parents who have guns in the home it is so important if your gonna have guns in your home with children to talk about it teach them the difference between whats real and whats fake so if they are ever in a situation with a real loaded gun they know what to do
AntiFlag

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Oct 27, 2010
Oh bull shit. Leaving unsecured weapons around kids is criminal. Sorry if the truth hurts.
Hey

Lexington, KY

#15 Oct 27, 2010
SAD wrote:
it is really sad to get on here and blame someone for something when you have no idea what really happened just imagine the guilt the dad must already feel knowing this happened in his care things do happen for a reason maybe this happened to be a lesson to other parents who have guns in the home it is so important if your gonna have guns in your home with children to talk about it teach them the difference between whats real and whats fake so if they are ever in a situation with a real loaded gun they know what to do
Im sure dad is feeling really bad for what happened. But, the thing is this child was autistic and could never tell the difference from real or fake. It should had been locked up or not in the home bottom line. It is to late now, just hope someone learns a lesson from this.
woah

London, KY

#16 Oct 27, 2010
unbelievable wrote:
Nothing like blame to make a person feel above it all. You have no idea what you're talking about yet you sew your opinions of hate for all the grieving family to see. At least wait for the body to be cold.
people are commenting on the fact that a special needs kid had access to an unsecured firearm. call it whatever you want, but someone was responsible for creating such an environment. to say that nobody is to blame isn't honest.

also, nobody has posted anything hateful except for you when you posted that "fat ass" remark.
Tammy wrote:
I'm a friend of the parents. If it's any of your business he had good parents.you don't need to judge anybody if you don't have a clue.I hate the way people get on here a post shit that nothing has to do with it .it could happen to Anybody.everything happens for a reason stupid!!!!
nobody is judging. accidents happen, and i'm sure this was an accident, but it happened because that firearm wasn't stored properly. that's not a mean thing to say, and it's not irrelevant, it's the truth.
SAD wrote:
...it is so important if your gonna have guns in your home with children to talk about it teach them the difference between whats real and whats fake so if they are ever in a situation with a real loaded gun they know what to do
agreed 100%.
Tammy

Richmond, KY

#17 Oct 27, 2010
Find you all something else to do it's not hurt any of you . It's really none of your business get you a job or something to do.stay out of everybody lifes
A night out

Richmond, KY

#18 Oct 27, 2010
My prayers go out to this young boys family. No we don't know what the circumstances were that led to this tragedy but "please mom and dads, if you do own a weapon keep it under lock and key, out of reach." Kids are kids and these kind of tragedy's happen too many times. Parents must take responsibility to keep harmful weapons away from kids. It never should have happened.
Tat

Frankfort, KY

#19 Oct 27, 2010
Tammy, you are wrong. it is YOUR JOB as a parent to PROTECT your child, not get them killed. Especially if it is a special education needs child. Get a life buddy.
Wiser Parent Now

Elgin, TX

#20 Oct 27, 2010
I'm certain each one of us parents has done something during our child's lifetime that we realize was probably not in the best interest of our child. We probably thought "Just this once, I'll (fill in the blank), and I'll be right back. Whether we've left the baby alone to answer the phone or the doorbell, run inside to grab something while our child is playing outside, turned our back on them to grab something in the supermarket, whatever it is - none of us is perfect. Normally it doesn't have dire consequences, but I'm sure none of us expected it to. Accidents happen. I don't have guns in my house for this very reason. But it could have been anything - a knife from the kitchen, an accidental drowning, ANYTHING. To throw stones at the parent is wrong. I'm certain if he had it to do over things would be different. But we all make mistakes, even if you might not want to admit them.
Advocate

Richmond, KY

#21 Oct 27, 2010
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure dad is feeling really bad for what happened. But, the thing is this child was autistic and could never tell the difference from real or fake. It should had been locked up or not in the home bottom line. It is to late now, just hope someone learns a lesson from this.
Just b/c he had autism doesnt mean he couldnt tell if the weapon was fake or not. Autism impacts each individual differently.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min SistaNoneYa 138,170
Beware Duncannon Residents! 16 min Mr Hurbert 17
Anyone work at Sonic a few years ago or knew an... (Feb '09) 41 min Boycott Sonic 6
whats really going on at the jail 1 hr Kaintuck 10
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr Dream Crystal 20,417
Crazy Word Game, Mix or Match (Feb '14) 2 hr Dream Crystal 464
Word Association (Jul '10) 2 hr Dream Crystal 21,071
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... (Nov '14) 3 hr The Real Ed Hiero... 6,626
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]