What went on at Richmond Raceway

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
whats happening

Nerinx, KY

#1 Jul 16, 2011
Wondering what went on at richmond raceway tonight about 10:15 tonight? all kinds of sirens and racing was stopped but I wasn't there so just wondering if anyone was there and knew.
richmond raceway

Greenbrier, AR

#2 Jul 16, 2011
a driver went through the infield. CPR was given.
The car was covered up and the driver was loaded in the ambulance. Said to have been Billy Woolridge's car.
Follow the link below.
http://www.4m.net/showthread.php...
heard

Richmond, KY

#3 Jul 17, 2011
He didnt make it. There was massive fights last night, car part flew in stands hit a guy in face cut him, the horrible wreck (plz keep family in prayers)
mulehead

Richmond, KY

#4 Jul 17, 2011
whats happening wrote:
Wondering what went on at richmond raceway tonight about 10:15 tonight? all kinds of sirens and racing was stopped but I wasn't there so just wondering if anyone was there and knew.
was there a big fight last night i left early
?

United States

#6 Jul 17, 2011
Any update?
carlise cowboy

Henderson, KY

#7 Jul 17, 2011
heard from my son he saw on fellow racers face book he passed away have looked all over net no verifacation i was there n seen it happen if he haddened of went into to last minute violent spin and stopped ca r at edge of back straight away field it was heade straight for fans in bleachers by exit gate i see it as a heroic act to stop the car from killing or injuring others we were seated right were he hit guard rails and seen it all if he did pass away he did doing something he loved god bless him n pray for his family
carlise cowboy

Henderson, KY

#8 Jul 17, 2011
the fight was victor lee n another driver victor took his car out in turn 4 after he kept nudging him into wall it was better then wwe
carlise cowboy

Henderson, KY

#9 Jul 17, 2011
the fellow inthe crowd was hit in the nose by a plexiglass wheel cover as cars came down straightaway wind carriedr it n hit in face cutting his nose things happen if your scared of gettn hurt better stay at house so was at jessimine co fair last nite n a open 4 wheel drive pulling truck came down track n lost control came into crowd n seriously injured u guy you never no when things can go wrong
unhappy

United States

#10 Jul 17, 2011
I heard the guy that wrecked last night was in uk hospital in bad shape. If anyone hears anymore let me know. I saw it all and it was awful. That was the worst wreck i have seen at richmond. I hope he is ok please keep him and his family in your prayers.
mccollum

Nicholasville, KY

#11 Jul 17, 2011
Just talked to owners of the race track and he didnt pass away. Still at UK hospital. He did have a massive heart attack and in need of prayer.
hmm

Richmond, KY

#12 Jul 17, 2011
Ive talked to owners and fellow racers and heard he had passed. wish there was some real news. I go ALL the time and missed last night due to being sick. Glad I didnt go and take my kids this time
Sad

Danville, KY

#13 Jul 17, 2011
He passed in surgery last night. He already had two open heart surgeries. He was only there racing due to the memorial.
mr berea

Macon, GA

#14 Jul 17, 2011
no he's still alive but in very bad shape. i can't get the image out of my head. it was very bad. my prayer go out to him.
was there

Richmond, KY

#15 Jul 17, 2011
http://www.lex18.com/news/racecar-driver-in-c...

please keep him and his amily in your prayers
carlise cowboy

Louisville, KY

#16 Jul 17, 2011
Just read on WLEX news that he is in critical condition at UK Hospital.
secret

Flatwoods, KY

#17 Jul 17, 2011
I talked to family this afternoon, he is on a vent and has no brain activity and the family is asking for all our prayers! I was there last night and saw the whole thing happen, I go every weekend to Richmond Raceway and sometimes accidents happen. The Track officials and the Richmond Rescue Squad did a super job taking care of Billy. My prayers go out to his family!
Local Resident

San Diego, CA

#18 Jul 18, 2011
mulehead wrote:
<quoted text> was there a big fight last night i left early

Thats all that place has ever been good for. It needs to be torn down and turned into farm land. That way those so called drivers could stop wasting their families money on stupidity and allow their kids to get clothes somewhere besides the open concern.

Heck, maybe they could even get a Christmas present or two that the fire department don't have to bring them.
Local Resident

San Diego, CA

#19 Jul 18, 2011
secret wrote:
Richmond Rescue Squad

So now the truth comes out. Another person harmed by the rescue rangers. Was they involved in the fight as well.

Another bunch of losers that need to be disbanded and never allowed to endanger innocent people again.
unhappy

United States

#20 Jul 18, 2011
you know what you dumb ass if you dont like it move. But at least have some respct for this guys family. Oh yeah i have some people houses that live by the track and let me say you all have no right to put people down. Some of those homes look like some hills have eyes sh*t. So people who live in glass houses should not throw stones. So move haha
The1

Richmond, KY

#21 Jul 18, 2011
secret wrote:
I Richmond Rescue Squad
The City of Richmond does not provide rescue services to the Raceway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jake Thorn, Jake's Auto Sales, Jake's Forgotten... 15 min Pink 12
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 56 min Jennifer Renee 37,844
Meet me! 1 hr Ready to party 45
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr LMS 148,394
The person who constantly posts about "David" 1 hr Anne 15
Help me here 2 hr MemorialDay 4
you know who you are 2 hr NSA4sho 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages