Pup Cuts Grooming in Berea - Don't ta...

Pup Cuts Grooming in Berea - Don't take your pets there!!! KRISTY CLEMENTS

Posted in the Richmond Forum

Animal Lover

Evansville, IN

#1 May 19, 2011
I took my dog and cat to Pup Cuts Grooming in Berea, KY. I drove all the way from Rock Castle County because their prices seemed really reasonable. My dog is a large dog and likes to play outdoors. He was getting kind of long so he needed a cut. He has always been well taken care of and enjoyed his grooms. My cat is pretty typical - she doesn't like to be washed at all. She does OK when the groomer blows her hair out. Well I went and picked them both up. My dog was acting nervous when they brought him out. My cat was in her kennel so I didn't notice anything much with her. When I got home my cat ran out of her kennel and jumped up on top of an antique China cabinet and would not come down for two whole days. She didn't even smell fresh.(Usually after a good wash a cat smells great for several days. This one should have because she hadn't even been outside. My dog went and got into his bed. Every time I said his name he seemed to be very jumpy and kept hunkering his head down. He has been very nervous acting for several days. He won't eat and hasn't drank a lot of water and just hasn't been his usual self. I looked over my dog when we returned from the groomer and he had feces caked in his short hair around his but and the only way he could have gotten on his bottom that way unless he was sitting in it. He also has some uneven spots here and there. He almost has a bald spot shaved out on the back of his neck. Well I called the owner, Kristy Clements. She was very rude to me and stated that my dog and cat were fine when they left her establishment. Then she stated that if I didn't like how they were groomed then I should just go somewhere else.(In a angry and hateful tone.) She told me that I would not get a better price anywhere else. Has anyone else had these type of problems at this place of business? I am thinking that I am going to report her to the Better Business Bureau and see if there was anything else I could do. I will never take my dog and cat back there again. I think there was more to the story by the way my dog and cat were both acting.

Plus while I was trying to discuss my problem with Ms. Clements she was texting on her phone and there were several teens/young adult females in the establishment just chit chatting and ignoring that I was trying to talk to the owner about an issue that I was having. So I feel something crazy went down while the dogs were at Pup Cuts and Ms. Clements didn't seem to be very concerned as I couldn't get her to put her damn phone down long enough. The owner and other workers in the shop looked very unkempt. I am really surprised that I even left my pets with these trailer trash looking hoodlums. So if anyone else has any problems with Pup Cuts put it on her so other people won't make the mistake of taking there pet there.(Also if you contact the Better Business Bureau maybe they will also warn other future clients that THEY SUCK! Or if your dumb enough to us Pup Cuts you can schedule the appointment just call Eight Five Nine - seven seven nine - three nine zero one.
thrifty

Covington, KY

#2 May 20, 2011
A bargain is rarely such a bargain. Dish out.
Blue

United States

#3 May 20, 2011
Been going to Christy since she worked at Perfect Paws. No problems or complaints
The checker

Lexington, KY

#4 May 20, 2011
Get your story straight. You said you "called" the groomer to voice your concerns, then a few lines down you said while you were talkin to her she was texting, the girls in her place were chit chattin and didnt care that you were tryin to talk to the owner so were you there or on the phone? Oh well, dont matter the world is ending tomorrow anywayr.
Animal Lover wrote:
I took my dog and cat to Pup Cuts Grooming in Berea, KY. I drove all the way from Rock Castle County because their prices seemed really reasonable. My dog is a large dog and likes to play outdoors. He was getting kind of long so he needed a cut. He has always been well taken care of and enjoyed his grooms. My cat is pretty typical - she doesn't like to be washed at all. She does OK when the groomer blows her hair out. Well I went and picked them both up. My dog was acting nervous when they brought him out. My cat was in her kennel so I didn't notice anything much with her. When I got home my cat ran out of her kennel and jumped up on top of an antique China cabinet and would not come down for two whole days. She didn't even smell fresh.(Usually after a good wash a cat smells great for several days. This one should have because she hadn't even been outside. My dog went and got into his bed. Every time I said his name he seemed to be very jumpy and kept hunkering his head down. He has been very nervous acting for several days. He won't eat and hasn't drank a lot of water and just hasn't been his usual self. I looked over my dog when we returned from the groomer and he had feces caked in his short hair around his but and the only way he could have gotten on his bottom that way unless he was sitting in it. He also has some uneven spots here and there. He almost has a bald spot shaved out on the back of his neck. Well I called the owner, Kristy Clements. She was very rude to me and stated that my dog and cat were fine when they left her establishment. Then she stated that if I didn't like how they were groomed then I should just go somewhere else.(In a angry and hateful tone.) She told me that I would not get a better price anywhere else. Has anyone else had these type of problems at this place of business? I am thinking that I am going to report her to the Better Business Bureau and see if there was anything else I could do. I will never take my dog and cat back there again. I think there was more to the story by the way my dog and cat were both acting.
Plus while I was trying to discuss my problem with Ms. Clements she was texting on her phone and there were several teens/young adult females in the establishment just chit chatting and ignoring that I was trying to talk to the owner about an issue that I was having. So I feel something crazy went down while the dogs were at Pup Cuts and Ms. Clements didn't seem to be very concerned as I couldn't get her to put her damn phone down long enough. The owner and other workers in the shop looked very unkempt. I am really surprised that I even left my pets with these trailer trash looking hoodlums. So if anyone else has any problems with Pup Cuts put it on her so other people won't make the mistake of taking there pet there.(Also if you contact the Better Business Bureau maybe they will also warn other future clients that THEY SUCK! Or if your dumb enough to us Pup Cuts you can schedule the appointment just call Eight Five Nine - seven seven nine - three nine zero one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Am in An Ungodly Amount of Pain. 2 min We Need Only to Wait 608
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 3 min Lemmy is God II 21,946
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 12 min Lemmy is God II 33,834
Cock Fighting...Cool or Cruel? (Feb '10) 16 min amazed my idiots 80
Adam Wade Adkins 34 min anon 7
New Investigation for Jesse 41 min cheaply entertained 298
Greene Farmer 42 min employer 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages