Why have a dog?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
question

Richmond, KY

#1 Dec 11, 2012
I am so sad for this dog in down town Richmond. It is in a kennel and has no company day in and day out. It is fed and watered but
that is it. It is sad and lonely and wet and cold. Why don't people realize that dogs are social and they need to run around sometimes. They need to be warm and paid attention to. Why have a dog and then ignore it?
This dog lives next to OPEN CONCERN at 239 Irvine Street. Look in the back yard from the street and you can see the poor thing. Shame on the owners. Why do you even have a dog?
oval

London, KY

#2 Dec 11, 2012
question wrote:
I am so sad for this dog in down town Richmond. It is in a kennel and has no company day in and day out. It is fed and watered but
that is it. It is sad and lonely and wet and cold. Why don't people realize that dogs are social and they need to run around sometimes. They need to be warm and paid attention to. Why have a dog and then ignore it?
This dog lives next to OPEN CONCERN at 239 Irvine Street. Look in the back yard from the street and you can see the poor thing. Shame on the owners. Why do you even have a dog?
have you thought about stopping and talking to the owner's and tellong them that you would like to have a dog! maybe they may be willing to give it to a better home. just saying
question

Richmond, KY

#3 Dec 11, 2012
oval wrote:
<quoted text>have you thought about stopping and talking to the owner's and tellong them that you would like to have a dog! maybe they may be willing to give it to a better home. just saying
I would love to take the dog but we have four cats and a large dog already. They were all homeless pets and we love them and they are part of our family. Since I don't know these people, I don't think knocking on their front door is a very good idea. They could be very nice ppl but maybe not.
myob

Richmond, KY

#4 Dec 11, 2012
So, I suppose you sit and watch this dog all day to observe what interaction these owners have with "their" pet. If not I would guess calling them out as bad pet parents is not really your place, as you have no idea what kind of love they're giving their pup when you're not around. People in this town need a serious dose of mind your own business. Everybody and their mama thinks they can live someone elses life better while neglecting your own unperfect situation. Dog kennles are made for a purpose and quite possibly these owners are utilizing it as such. Maybe you should offer to watch over their pup since thats what you're doing anyway. Hell, insert yourself all of the way in their business uninvited why don't you. I don't know these people but I wish I did so I could warn them of their stalker.
question

Richmond, KY

#5 Dec 11, 2012
This dog has haunted me for a year and I think about it a lot. There is a church right across the street but no one seems to notice this dog stuck way in the back yard in a kennel.
hippy chic

London, KY

#6 Dec 11, 2012
question wrote:
This dog has haunted me for a year and I think about it a lot. There is a church right across the street but no one seems to notice this dog stuck way in the back yard in a kennel.
I hate to see animals neglected too.
ronone

Masontown, PA

#7 Dec 11, 2012
youtube.com/watch... a hotdog is a hotdog?so,what the difference?

I eat them dont matter what kind its a hotdog,salty
and lack nutritional value
exactly

Richmond, KY

#8 Dec 11, 2012
It's ridiculous that people are allowed to have dogs within the city and leave them outside 24/7. Sorry but you don't deserve to have one if you aren't going to treat it like family. There is no point in them having one, they're just selfish bastards. I've asked the city to change the law but of course it will never happen.
Just me

Harrodsburg, KY

#9 Dec 11, 2012
So every animal out side is abused? What about horses and cows and chickens and things? You must not understand that some dogs just don't belong in a house and thank God they are one of the few that don't let their dog Rome the street in on coming traffic or harass people how horrible! If you have so much time to watch someone why not get a job and do something productive? My thoughts are on having a animal I know you all crazes animal lovers think of your animal as family but I would not feed a dog before I would a child.. I do not choose to have animals because they are like children you are correct about one tuning some people should not have animals! I do however think you are wrong over this one maybe I'm wrong but seems to me it's being fed watered and owners who care enough that they don't just have it on a chain but actually spent money on a dog kennel to make sure their beloved animal does not get ran over or get knocked up or knock up another dog and have about 100 strays walking around. Since Ido not believe that you sit and watch them for hours I'm sure they probably have some type of interaction with the animal and if the animal was mistreated I'm sure the dog pound would take it away.
Just me

Harrodsburg, KY

#10 Dec 11, 2012
Thing
animals

Richmond, KY

#11 Dec 11, 2012
Outside 24/7? While my pets play outside in our big fenced yard often with us out there playing catch and frisbe, they sleep inside and are indoors when rainy or cold. However, where thehell do you think dogs lived before people started dressing them up in clothes and walking them in strollers? I love my dogs. Buy I also know they are dogs not people. Many religions state you cannot have a dog in your home. But some people have watch dogs etc. Anyone who was truely a lover of animals would know that every dog has to have a purpose. They aren't people and don't think like people.
obamalover

Berea, KY

#12 Dec 11, 2012
My dog is more human than most of you. Heck I claim him on my taxes. He loves me unconditionally and I return the favor in kind.
Fishplates

Richmond, KY

#13 Dec 11, 2012
There is a female pit bull chained and in a cage in the backyard of a house ( no number) but between 316 and 320 south 2nd or sometimes called Kit Carson. She is given only leftover rice and rarely water. When my friend took food and water the resident filled a court complaint. He is an employee of EKU and rents the house from them. Dog can be seen from the city owned alley between the ball field at Irvine-mc dowell park and the corner of Wellington ct and s. 2nd. The dog is not ferocious. She is too starved.
question

Richmond, KY

#15 Dec 11, 2012
Just me wrote:
So every animal out side is abused? What about horses and cows and chickens and things? You must not understand that some dogs just don't belong in a house and thank God they are one of the few that don't let their dog Rome the street in on coming traffic or harass people how horrible! If you have so much time to watch someone why not get a job and do something productive? My thoughts are on having a animal I know you all crazes animal lovers think of your animal as family but I would not feed a dog before I would a child.. I do not choose to have animals because they are like children you are correct about one tuning some people should not have animals! I do however think you are wrong over this one maybe I'm wrong but seems to me it's being fed watered and owners who care enough that they don't just have it on a chain but actually spent money on a dog kennel to make sure their beloved animal does not get ran over or get knocked up or knock up another dog and have about 100 strays walking around. Since Ido not believe that you sit and watch them for hours I'm sure they probably have some type of interaction with the animal and if the animal was mistreated I'm sure the dog pound would take it away.
I only said this dog is neglected not abused or I would call the police right away. I have reason to stop at a business close by from time to time. I do not see this dog 24/7 but I know what is going on there.
Sadgse

San Diego, CA

#16 Dec 11, 2012
Do like that other guy did to that useless kitten. Whack it with a golf club. Do they still allow poisoning of pets? I am not sure, but shooting them is still legal I know. The law reads something along this line. Animals hat are pest may be killed. Or something like that.
But I still would not tie them to the car and just take off.
Just me

Harrodsburg, KY

#17 Dec 11, 2012
If an animal is neglected honey then the dog pound would step in as well. To me it sounds like you have too much time on your hands!
question

Richmond, KY

#18 Dec 13, 2012
Just me wrote:
If an animal is neglected honey then the dog pound would step in as well. To me it sounds like you have too much time on your hands!
Well, excuse me for caring about helpless animals.
Just me

Harrodsburg, KY

#19 Dec 13, 2012
You actually don't care because if you did you would be on the phone with the dog pound getting this animal help instead of running your trapper all over topix!
animals

Richmond, KY

#20 Dec 13, 2012
Question, why have your nose inserted in others business? You have drove by this house several times but, unless you're saying you sit and watch 24/7.....YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS DOG OR ITS OWNERS! Get a life! Throwing accusations around based on your opinion and not facts us very dangerous!
question

Richmond, KY

#21 Dec 13, 2012
Just me wrote:
You actually don't care because if you did you would be on the phone with the dog pound getting this animal help instead of running your trapper all over topix!
For your information, the Madison County animal shelter only requires three things for a dog or animal. They must have food, water and shelter. All these are met in this situation.
They will not get involved so there is no one to call. The dog is not abused or I would call the police. It is neglected. I do not force you to read this thread so why don't you move on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min Blacklagoon 165,525
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 38 min Jennifer Renee 41,924
Tonetta Hoevenaar (Mar '15) 2 hr Mbc 374
carrie egington 3 hr cotton 4
Still Looking For My Classic Catwoman Lookalike 3 hr Molly 75
You really know the truth.. 3 hr Usedtobepepperpotts 3
mathew cheeks 5 hr bosh 5

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages