Comments
21 - 40 of 58 Comments Last updated May 12, 2014
dummy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 3, 2012
 
try sucking off the head of the department. that'll get you in... as for grades, well, you got to give up the panties in order to pass.

just saying...
lamuress

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 4, 2012
 
They said I was disorganized....I couldnt even find an attorney to take the case...
EKUgraduate

Skokie, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 28, 2013
 
There is not easier programs, but there are fair ones. They care about working with students - not against them. I went through the BS program at EKU and would not recommend it to anyone. There are some excellent teachers and many good ones, but there are a few that have real attitude problems (hateful, biased, and arrogant). They like to belittle some students and have the power to do so. There is no transparency in the program if you have an issue. All EKU departments that exist to help students are blind to what goes on in the nursing program. They just refer to the chair or the dean (who refers to he chair), who just always say that they've done everything by the book. NO OTHER PROOF. One of the worst experiences of my life. Could be a great program, but one or two bad apples can spoil the entire bunch. Not to mention, an administration with it's hands tied.
School

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 28, 2013
 
EKUgraduate wrote:
There is not easier programs, but there are fair ones. They care about working with students - not against them. I went through the BS program at EKU and would not recommend it to anyone. There are some excellent teachers and many good ones, but there are a few that have real attitude problems (hateful, biased, and arrogant). They like to belittle some students and have the power to do so. There is no transparency in the program if you have an issue. All EKU departments that exist to help students are blind to what goes on in the nursing program. They just refer to the chair or the dean (who refers to he chair), who just always say that they've done everything by the book. NO OTHER PROOF. One of the worst experiences of my life. Could be a great program, but one or two bad apples can spoil the entire bunch. Not to mention, an administration with it's hands tied.
I could not agree more. Do not put yourself thru the agony of this program. It is a disgrace how little they care and how they treat people. You can go anywhere in the state and get a better learning experience.

And yes I did make it despite their noncaring, unfeeling and horrible treatment.
madison

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 28, 2013
 
I graduated from the associate degree nursing program and I must say it was the hard program to complete but it should be because we take other peoples lives in our hands. I thought the professors in my program were wonderful. they were tough but they should be. to the lady that said she was kicked out of the program for being disorganized that doesn't make any sense to me. you must have failed a test or the hesi exit exam. the only other thing I could think of was that maybe they thought you were unsafe during clinicals. you should know that organization is very important in nursing. you should be aloud to finish the 4th level if not at eastern you can go somewhere else.
Just Me

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 28, 2013
 
Thank you Madison. They had me scared to death. I am getting ready to transfer to EKU this fall. With the intent to start the nursing program next fall. I already have a lot of time invested in this, I can't afford to stop now. God knows, I want at least a fighting chance.
Ann

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 28, 2013
 
Just Me wrote:
Thank you Madison. They had me scared to death. I am getting ready to transfer to EKU this fall. With the intent to start the nursing program next fall. I already have a lot of time invested in this, I can't afford to stop now. God knows, I want at least a fighting chance.
You will get a fighting chance. That is about all you will be lucky enough to get.
madison

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jan 29, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

no you will get the best education you can get. when you graduate you will feel confident enough to practice. people on here are being whinny. these professors have to be tough and the course is hard. you wouldn't want some unprepared stupid nurse if you were sick. don't listen to these people. I had a great experience and all of my friends in the program will tell you they have no complaints either. there were a lot of people who didn't pass the classes but that is because they just couldn't do it. it's not that professors are mean and failing them for stupid reasons. if your going to fail it's because of you not because of them. I became pretty close to some of my professors. if Carolyn yang is still there you will love her. don't pay attention to these people on here there mad because they couldn't cut it and they want to blame the professors. good luck to you
Ann

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jan 29, 2013
 
madison wrote:
no you will get the best education you can get. when you graduate you will feel confident enough to practice. people on here are being whinny. these professors have to be tough and the course is hard. you wouldn't want some unprepared stupid nurse if you were sick. don't listen to these people. I had a great experience and all of my friends in the program will tell you they have no complaints either. there were a lot of people who didn't pass the classes but that is because they just couldn't do it. it's not that professors are mean and failing them for stupid reasons. if your going to fail it's because of you not because of them. I became pretty close to some of my professors. if Carolyn yang is still there you will love her. don't pay attention to these people on here there mad because they couldn't cut it and they want to blame the professors. good luck to you
While I can appreciate your opinion some of your comments are not correct. I for one did make it and I will agree EKU offers a wonderful nursing education but it comes with a very high cost. Every person in this state that graduates from an NLN accrediated institution takes the same boards. If they pass those boards they receive a license to practice. They then are able to get a job. My point is: why in the world put yourself thru such degrading treatment and callous uncaring that EKU is known for doing. I know many of the instructors and yes they are fine people but there are many there that is not true for. Also, there are people that want to say a degree from EKU is more valuable than other institutions. Yes, people love EKU grads but I can assure you that people want quality nursing care and EKU is not the only institution that provides that. As a student why in the world would you put yourself thru added work and harrassment only to receive the same license others have received? It makes no sense to me.

All of this is really a mute point because all nurisng programs have a lengthy waiting list and that won't change with health care as it is.
madison

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 30, 2013
 
I was mainly referring to the girl who said they kicked her out for being disorganized. I am sorry that you had that experience that sucks. I didn't feel that way about them. I graduated in 2004 so I may have had different professors I don't know. I did get a great education and did well on the inclex so I have no complaints with eku nursing school.
lamuress

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 30, 2013
 
A teacher that didn't like me and ran into a hospital room and accused me of trying to kill a patient?? In front of him?? Someone needs to explain that to me...maybe the teacher...Ms. Otte...
lamuress

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Jan 30, 2013
 
madison wrote:
I was mainly referring to the girl who said they kicked her out for being disorganized. I am sorry that you had that experience that sucks. I didn't feel that way about them. I graduated in 2004 so I may have had different professors I don't know. I did get a great education and did well on the inclex so I have no complaints with eku nursing school.
Wow...you needed to learn some tact in the ADN program that you are so proud of...evidently they didnt teach that...before you ever accuse someone of being UNSAFE,,,find out the whole story...I admit, I take great offense to that...so it took them four levels to dig dirt?
madison

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Jan 31, 2013
 
I don't know mrs. otte must be after I graduated. I didn't have that experience with them. I didn't accuse you of being unsafe I was trying to figure out why they would have failed you for being unorganized so I mentioned that you could have failed the hesi, your final, or they could have said that you were unsafe in clinical. I had never heard of anyone being failed for being unorganized. you didn't tell the whole story I was trying to figure it out. anyway you are the one that started this topic so I gave my opinion of eku nursing school just as you did. I am sorry to offend you but you put it out there and I was trying to make sense of it. why did she say you were trying to kill a patient. I mean in order for her to say this she had to have some evidence to back it up. I suspect there is a lot more to this story
madison

Harold, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Jan 31, 2013
 
correction you didn't start this thread I meant that you started the conversation about how you were kicked out of the 4th level at eku
Ron

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Apr 5, 2013
 
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not informed. Everyone regardless of where they graduate in the state of Kentucky takes the same boards. If you pass you get a license, if you don't pass you don't get a license. As for working, there are good and bad in this profession as there are in all professions. With the anticipated shortage by 2020 you will be happy to see anybody standing over you, whether they are from EKU or Poodunk holler.
I disagree - passing the licensure exam only indicates minimally safe knowledge. Of course, we want our nurses to be safe, but I also want a nurse taking care of me or my family member who really understands what he or she is doing, and one who can "critically think on his/her feet." That is what the EKU nursing program teaches you to do. No wonder their graduates are so highly recruited by the regional hospitals!
peeps

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Apr 5, 2013
 
The nursing faculty are a bunch of mean and arrogant jerks.
Sue

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 5, 2013
 
Ron wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree - passing the licensure exam only indicates minimally safe knowledge. Of course, we want our nurses to be safe, but I also want a nurse taking care of me or my family member who really understands what he or she is doing, and one who can "critically think on his/her feet." That is what the EKU nursing program teaches you to do. No wonder their graduates are so highly recruited by the regional hospitals!
I actually have some knowledge of the hiring process and will certainly agree that EKU nurses are wonderful. With that said there are many wonderful students from around the state. The bottom line is all students pass the same licensure exam and few folks receiving care are going to be asking a nurse from which institution she/he graduated. The arrogance of the program is what has earned the negative feelings statewide. The students are a wonderful addition to the profession. However, they are not the only very good nurses. I totally disagree with your comment that they are the most highly recruited. As the population ages you will be delighted to have anyone to care for you that can pass state boards. Nurse will be in far greater demand than they are even today.
Rukevwe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Jul 16, 2013
 
why do people thinks nursing is hard.....is nt dear,it only depends on your separation. so if dat is what u want to go for,go for it....dont b scared
LOLz

Jackson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Jul 16, 2013
 
You don't think nursing is hard? Maybe ENGLISH 101 was hard for you with all those grammar errors in your hooked on phonics sentence! LOL!!!! "Rukevwe"
Meh

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Feb 8, 2014
 
I enjoyed my instructors in the first half of ADN, but third level instructors seemed to think that I wasn't good enough for the program because I was making Bs and Cs instead of all As. Sorry, but sometimes things like TBIs and PTSD make Bs and Cs exceptional grades that reflect dedication and hard work. Seems like they care more about their reputation than their students becoming successful nurses. I transferred to another program and I think my money is being spent well.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Zeitgeist 146,732
the Detroit dudes 2 hr clueless 12
To All Of Those That Like To Critize Me 3 hr hmmm 7
josh hensley 4 hr RealTalkwithEdHieronymus 66
Officer Paul Lay 4 hr What 28
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr chinwendu1 128,869
Senator Jared Carpenter 4 hr Nope 17
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 4 hr jmho 7,156
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 5 hr Jennifer Renee 28,133
VIVINT home security systems!!! Scamers in Orange! (Jun '11) 15 hr Sanel 473
•••
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Richmond News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richmond
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••