think again

Pine Knot, KY

#589 Jan 6, 2012
feedback wrote:
don't ya just love the way that lawyer takes every opportunity he can get to show his little fat cheeks on tv, hey but that is free advertising, didnt ya love the fact he mention topixs, sure want everyone to read it,oh he may want to get the trail moved out of Madison County, might be a good thing maybe the Singletons would not be so well known and connected to the system, but that will not change the evidence in any way, hope he sucks every dime he can out of the singletons,(just my opinion)
hey, if he moves the case won't the lawyer get more money for his travel time. just curious
disagree

Winchester, KY

#591 Jan 7, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Armed to the teeth? Well, I guess they HAVE teeth... And tongues to spout the lies their clients tell them. HA! Trial ain't going nowhere..if there is one. Best for both of them to take a deal. Neither one (or their attorneys) have jury appeal. And contrary to your belief Jimmy B., TOPIX is NOT a "local news source" as you so eloquently stated on TV. It's a gossip site that MOST folks know contains nothing but rumor and half truths. And I'd venture a guess that 2/3 of the jury pool have never been on it.
You really have no idea what you are talking about. "no jury appeal" Why don't you tell that to the jury who aquitted Clarence C.J. Sipple in Lee County Kentucky? He was charged with Murder and silence the gunshot with a potato on the end of the barrell. Jury out 1.5 hours = not guilty. You might also want to take a look at Phillip Estes, Larry Alan Riddell. The fact is that their firm has never had a client that was charged with murder plead to or found guilty of murder (and they have done dozens). Love them or hate them that is just a fact. Hate the game, but don't hate the players just because they are the best. As far as any comments to the media, he's got you focusing on hating him and away from his client which is pretty f-ing smart. How many posts have you seen on Singleton lately? Go ahead and under estimate them. The way you describe this case there is no hope for either defendant so I guess it is the Prosecutions case to lose (no excuses for anything but a murder conviction is there?) As for his partner M.E. he has been voted best attorney in Richmond the last 3 years running. This is decided by votes submitted to the Richmond Register. I guess M.E. was appealing enough to get the most votes. Where do you think jurors come from anyway? For the record, I think these two defendants are guilty as hell, but you are sure not helping the situation with your prediction of an easy case to convict.
Be fair

Georgetown, KY

#592 Jan 7, 2012
Why does this have to be so one sided. Why not post comments on Jason Singleton. Don't go on here and just dog CTM. No one knows for sure what happended. Let the justice system work. I've never seen so much gossip. You people need a LIFE. Plus think of the victim. No matter what her lifestyle was she didn't deserve this. The truth will come out. Wait and see.
read

Pine Knot, KY

#593 Jan 8, 2012
Proverbs, chapter 29, verse 11
Good point

Winchester, KY

#594 Jan 8, 2012
A valid point but I do not know who you directing it at. Are all topics posters "fools" or is it just the victims family who have out posted anyone in a ratio of about 4 to 1?
read

Pine Knot, KY

#595 Jan 8, 2012
2nd timothy, chapter3, verse 7 and then 13 and 14
BANG bus

Richmond, KY

#596 Jan 9, 2012
disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
You really have no idea what you are talking about. "no jury appeal" Why don't you tell that to the jury who aquitted Clarence C.J. Sipple in Lee County Kentucky? He was charged with Murder and silence the gunshot with a potato on the end of the barrell. Jury out 1.5 hours = not guilty. You might also want to take a look at Phillip Estes, Larry Alan Riddell. The fact is that their firm has never had a client that was charged with murder plead to or found guilty of murder (and they have done dozens). Love them or hate them that is just a fact. Hate the game, but don't hate the players just because they are the best. As far as any comments to the media, he's got you focusing on hating him and away from his client which is pretty f-ing smart. How many posts have you seen on Singleton lately? Go ahead and under estimate them. The way you describe this case there is no hope for either defendant so I guess it is the Prosecutions case to lose (no excuses for anything but a murder conviction is there?) As for his partner M.E. he has been voted best attorney in Richmond the last 3 years running. This is decided by votes submitted to the Richmond Register. I guess M.E. was appealing enough to get the most votes. Where do you think jurors come from anyway? For the record, I think these two defendants are guilty as hell, but you are sure not helping the situation with your prediction of an easy case to convict.
Those cases you quoted were not handled right by the police and the prosecution small town idiots that don't know the proper way to investigate or prosecute, might not be as easy this time around.
disagree

Louisville, KY

#597 Jan 9, 2012
BANG bus wrote:
<quoted text>
Those cases you quoted were not handled right by the police and the prosecution small town idiots that don't know the proper way to investigate or prosecute, might not be as easy this time around.
I don't think you read my post clearly. The remark was that these attorneys have no jury appeal--not that this was going to be an easy case. They both have tried cases in numerous counties with dozens and dozens of aqcuittals so they must appeal to someone. Everytime they handle a high profile case someone bashes them. Too cocky, too aggressive, etc. It is not their job to please the general public, it is there job to zealously represent their clients (which they always do). J.D. Williams also gets continually bashed for being effective in court. It won't be an easy case and I don't think I have ever suggested that I thought it would be, however, you can never count these guys out and it is foolish to do so. Love them, hate them or whatever but the fact of the matter is that they are good at what they do. Do you think the prosecutor Jennifer Smith has more jury appeal?
disagree

Louisville, KY

#598 Jan 9, 2012
Also "Bang" how do you know this case was handled correctly by the police. The cases I mentioned were also handled by KY State Police Post 7 and their investigators.
ubad

Bowie, MD

#599 Jan 9, 2012
Lemme guess.... JB want to move the trial to Estill. LOL
grapevine

Pine Knot, KY

#600 Jan 10, 2012
Be fair wrote:
Why does this have to be so one sided. Why not post comments on Jason Singleton. Don't go on here and just dog CTM. No one knows for sure what happended. Let the justice system work. I've never seen so much gossip. You people need a LIFE. Plus think of the victim. No matter what her lifestyle was she didn't deserve this. The truth will come out. Wait and see.
well rumor has it, since jason has been sentenced to 10 years, they are gonna try and pin it all on marcum.i dont no, just what i heard.
Feedback

North Salem, IN

#601 Jan 12, 2012
You know if the police did their job thier is evidence of Jason this should not and cannot be all put a on Christina so he got ten yrs they can apply that to the other..
Feedback

North Salem, IN

#602 Jan 12, 2012
U don't think Richmond is full of small town idiots look at everyone on here saying they knew Christina. Christina was not as bad ad some of these ppl say but who really cares about those idiots anyway,,,, the Singleton family loved Christina .
feedback

Middlesboro, KY

#603 Jan 13, 2012
do you ever wonder why they were so lenient on Jason in Somerset, it was my understanding that a crime as that could carry a 50 to 75 year prison term, just wonder how much info he gave them to only get ten yrs. and why was it that Christina did not get arrested until after that trail was over.
sure the Singletons love Christina, yea right.
like the lawyer said, gonna be some surprises.
think if I were her I would be telling all to get leniency,
feedback

Middlesboro, KY

#604 Jan 13, 2012
just a question, who do you think the Singletons love more at this point in time, Christina or Jason?
Feedback

Chicago, IL

#605 Jan 13, 2012
No sorry hate to disagree but just two yrs ago a similar case and the man recieved 10 yrs from the court system. Because Jason didn't harm anyone neither did the man that did this to these two sisters they were held hostage for one week with a sawed off shot gun. And because of the over crowding he has already been told he won't serve more than four yrs. with continued good behavior.The girls family learn this not that long ago. People that are supporting Jason and paying his attorney fees I don't know who Christina has representing her. But the Singletons had all those ppl at their church with lots of support and funding.I don't know if Christina mom would do the same for her because that might mean she may have to give up something which I don't think she will do . She has never been there for her anytime it would surprise me. It's her child though and as a mother you would think you would help your child no matter what I sure would I don't care what thru have done doesn't mean I agree with the bad choice of men but still that's my child. So all these mothers has suffered a big loss you have one that died another that may get charged for things done by a man and because he calls her and tells her he need to talk look where this gets her . Four children isn't probably going to be raised by their mom. No question this is a case that has crumbled up do many lived and what for???! If you don't like someone ask them to leave especially if you know they are druggies get out you deserve better..,,
sick

El Monte, CA

#606 Jan 13, 2012
I say save our tax dollars n execute their asses
just saying

Richmond, KY

#607 Jan 14, 2012
maybe some people should talk to the girls she has spent the last two months with and see what kind off girl they think she is .I bet they have An opion some would like to hear.
wondering

United States

#608 Jan 14, 2012
Which church is it that supports murder?
accused

United States

#609 Jan 14, 2012
wondering wrote:
Which church is it that supports murder?
What are you a nazi? They have not been tried by a jury but they are presumed to be innocent for now. That has been the American way since there has been an America. You have heard no evidence other than what you have been told. They may very well be guilty--who knows? That is what a trial and a jury are for. The way you talk people should just be lynched by the side of the road based upon what you hear on the news. Scary! Since the death penalty was re-established they have had over 1000 defendants released on the grounds of actual innocence through DNA. If you convict or execute someone who isn't guilty aren't you the murderer? Let the system work and quit showing your ignorance. Otherwise move to a country like Syria where the govenment can say your guilty of anything with no trial. If the evidence is as bad as you believe then the prosecution will have no trouble convicting. If you are wrong and a curveball comes out of the mix once you hear the defense then shame on you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jul '10) 4 min Kyle Busch Get We... 20,772
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 5 min Kyle Busch Get We... 19,055
Police car chase in Richmond? 7 min well 1,238
9 Arrested in Madison County Drug Round-Up 13 min morrow 22
Kenucky Basketball fans inbreding 14 min laughing at the s... 14
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 26 min Kyle Busch Get We... 31,342
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr HistoricallySpeaking 134,337

Winter Storm Watch for Madison County was issued at March 03 at 4:14AM EST

Richmond Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:12 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:12AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall