Allen's ky mechanical
Customer

Somerset, KY

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Has anybody else used this guy ! I did and he is a joke , do not use this air guy he will lie to you charge you for stuff he never does ! After I used Allen's and he messed up my air I ended up having to call Leo jones to come straighten out Allen's mess !
Customer

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2012
Yes Allen's sucks and he runs another air company as well and they aren't any good either
Richmond guy

United States

#3 Sep 13, 2012
I don't know about all that but what I do know is mike is knowledgable and knows what he s doing , if mike comes out its done right ! Now I can't say that for the other one and I was told he runs after hours cause he don't have any lic, mike has the only lic the other guy has none !
Air serve

London, KY

#4 Sep 15, 2012
Well Allen's ky mechanical runs all over ky and the same owner of Allen's runs air serve which he uses Allen's to run into other areas covered by air serve and work on units 20 tons or less ! He is doing other air serve companies wrong and needs to be turned into air serve ! And I think but not sure your only allowed 1 master per company ! His master is listed with both companies so Somebody should call Frankfort as well ! That's what I know ! I'm a sir serve operator and it's not right !
Interesting

Somerset, KY

#5 Sep 16, 2012
Very interesting !
HVAC

Prairie Village, KS

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Allens has been around awhile , seems he went BK once or twice I don't remember which , but since he came back this last time it seems he has done alright , having the 2 companies as the person stated most have helped ! But if your no good at one , you shouldn't be any good at the other , but that may explain the 2 BK's he has had or this guy may be one just to work the system ! If this is so the people may be careful with him do you won't get burnt !
facts

London, KY

#7 Sep 17, 2012
You can have as many master licensed people in the company that you want to have. Only one will be listed as the contractor however and all techs must have a journymans lic. even if they carry a masters
Inspector

United States

#8 Sep 18, 2012
facts wrote:
You can have as many master licensed people in the company that you want to have. Only one will be listed as the contractor however and all techs must have a journymans lic. even if they carry a masters
your correct but your only allowed to use one master lic. Per company and what it sound like this person is saying the master lic. Holder has his MO on 2 different companies (air serve) and (Allen's mech.) if this is correct it is in direct violations of the Ky HVAC code ! It is illegal to run one master on two different companies ! Period !
Home owner

United States

#9 Sep 20, 2012
Im not sure about all the lic stuff I just know my friend used them and he had to come back over 4 times in 2 weeks to get his unit fixed ! Poor service !
hvac2

Martin, KY

#10 Sep 24, 2012
In their defense, I'm sure they have they're licensing in line. Also, I say go off your own opinion or off that of someone close to you that you trust. There are a lot of false reviews out there. I do believe angies list has only real reviews and is not paid by companies. Also simply Google a company and see what pops up. Read all reviews about them. Get things in writing too. Get estimate before repair. Don't pay if not fixed. Don't pay a 2nd service call fee for same problem.
Ask questions. Understand answers. Google what they say. Read about it. Arm yourself with knowledge. If you end up needing something big like a change out, then get numerous estimates. Remember an estimate should be free. Don't worry about the cheapest. Go with a company you research. Go with one that treats you like a human being and explains things and gives you options to consider. Don't be afraid to ask around. Call CC Dixon which is a great local parts house. Ask them who they recommend. Or ask them about a company you are dealing with. That is a touchy area and they should not say anything negative about a company. But they may suggest a well respected one to you. There are lots of places for businesses to advertise. See who is diversified and advertising all over. Check out websites and how informative they are. Good luck.
Also, you can try to reply to a good review and see if that person may communicate with you further.
dowhat

Winchester, KY

#11 Sep 24, 2012
why is it that you can't say any negative thing about someone but what you say is the truth . sorry i forgot this is america everybody screw you its a law .
dowhat

Winchester, KY

#12 Sep 24, 2012
if you want a real f??kimg go to harrodburg and get that " evans air service " guy an he will f??k you and your wife at the same time never in my life have i seen any one person that could lie and cheat and screw you like this guy can .
home owner

Louisville, KY

#13 Sep 25, 2012
I have used Mr. Allen's company several times for my home and for my office. He sent out a plumber the same day after hours to fix a problem at the office and did not charge an arm & a leg. When my kitchen sink drain broke they sent out someone the next morning and had it fixed (working better than new!) within an hour.
Get a life

Richmond, KY

#14 Sep 26, 2012
Allen's Ky Mechcanical sold the Air Serve franchise back in Janurary, so case closed. He has never in 15 years of service, knowingly ripped anyone off, especially me and my many businesses. He serves all General Dollars/Applebees/bars/restura nts and staifies thier strick standards on a daily basis. Should you ever feel taken advantage of, he will fix/replace and make it right, even if he (owner) has to come fix it. People make mistakes, obviously..because some of you on this forum have. He is a family owned company, with family values and morals, I've known him for over 43 years and he has never failed me, my family or my companies.
Well

Cheyenne, WY

#15 Sep 28, 2012
Get a life wrote:
Allen's Ky Mechcanical sold the Air Serve franchise back in Janurary, so case closed. He has never in 15 years of service, knowingly ripped anyone off, especially me and my many businesses. He serves all General Dollars/Applebees/bars/restura nts and staifies thier strick standards on a daily basis. Should you ever feel taken advantage of, he will fix/replace and make it right, even if he (owner) has to come fix it. People make mistakes, obviously..because some of you on this forum have. He is a family owned company, with family values and morals, I've known him for over 43 years and he has never failed me, my family or my companies.
Sounds like your either a family memeber or a friend , and factsare facts and the people on here are making complaints and your bashing them , so you get a life.
Funny

Cheyenne, WY

#16 Sep 28, 2012
He still has 2 phone numbers listed , if you call either one you get the same person , one is listed under allens ky mechincal and the other is listed under Air Serve , and if you call the allens number they answer it letting you know its allens ,and you call the other number , well you get the picture , Nice Try there Get A Life , if you like the guy thats great no problem, but dont get on here and avoid or tell things , what you should have said instead of lying to everybody , you should have talked about how good he has been for you and you MANY COMPANIES , and not be telling stories on the other
Really

London, KY

#17 Sep 29, 2012
home owner wrote:
I have used Mr. Allen's company several times for my home and for my office. He sent out a plumber the same day after hours to fix a problem at the office and did not charge an arm & a leg. When my kitchen sink drain broke they sent out someone the next morning and had it fixed (working better than new!) within an hour.
well that's great ! But this doesn't make him a hvac guy , and no fun intended , a kitchen sink drain ( broke)? That's the drain trap , they are designed for any body or homeowner to be able to fix the whole thing comes off with 2 big locknuts that you can turn by hand , and normally they are plastic so they don't just break the normally stop up , so I'm glad they didn't charge you a arm an a leg this is 15 minute job at best , the drain trap you can pick up at lowes or ace hardware for 15 dollars and can replace in the matter of minutes ! Not picking on you I'm glad your experience was pleasant , but you can just about pick up anybody on the road and they can replace a kitchen drain trap in minutes ! So we are comparing his work to a common homeowners work ! Just wanted to clarify this ! But he could have charged you a lot more and sounds like he didn't so that is a good thing !
Lol

United States

#18 Oct 4, 2012
This is so funny , all true but funny !
Richmond

United States

#19 Nov 8, 2012
Yes I agree don't use these guys only one has a valid lic. The other one don't !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
help 27 min allison-r 15
Kidnap and beating in Richmond? 54 min billy B 5
What Do You Do? 1 hr translation 7
Brooke Robinson 1 hr Wow 29
Why is RTs closed??? 3 hr USMC 1
Band walking out of rts (Apr '14) 3 hr USMC 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Anon 148,141
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... (Nov '14) 12 hr Fractal 7,501
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages