KU Charging Extra Uncessary Rates for Winter Months

Posted in the Richmond Forum

Pissed of Customer

Richmond, KY

#1 Dec 7, 2012
Has anyone else noticed in the Richmond area how their electric bills have suddenly skyrocket the past couple months. I haven't even had my heat on, all I use is my washer and Dryer and yet they keep charging me extra
Diddle_Dee

Berea, KY

#2 Dec 10, 2012
Pissed of Customer wrote:
Has anyone else noticed in the Richmond area how their electric bills have suddenly skyrocket the past couple months. I haven't even had my heat on, all I use is my washer and Dryer and yet they keep charging me extra
Yes, they are flat out ripping their customers off. This is happening on Clark County Utilities as well.
ihatethem

Winchester, KY

#3 Dec 10, 2012
Pissed of Customer wrote:
They do this every year just like the gas companies charge more for gas for no reason. The real reason is because gas is used to heat many homes around here. I'm tired of being ripped off every single day of my life but there is nothing we can do and these companies know that. If we choose to "boycott" them we then go without heat. Its a no win for the consumer.
Honest

United States

#4 Dec 10, 2012
There's no rhyme or reason to their rates. They do whatever they want. I've had my bill jump $100 for no reason. I didn't do anything different. And if you complain to them it falls on deaf ears. They simply don't care. I hate them and something should be done about them.They're nothing but crooks as far as I'm concerned.
Seek The Truth

Richmond, KY

#5 Dec 10, 2012
I guess you people don't remember the commercial where your President said that under his plans electricity rates would sky rocket.

This is only the beginning.
Honest

United States

#6 Dec 10, 2012
Seek The Truth wrote:
I guess you people don't remember the commercial where your President said that under his plans electricity rates would sky rocket.
This is only the beginning.
I guess you don't know that commercial was taken out of context. KU has been doing this for years.
really

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 10, 2012
Honest wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you don't know that commercial was taken out of context. KU has been doing this for years.
so they have been doing this for years? Have you ever been on Clark energy or bluegrass? They can charge what they want. KU on the other hand is mandated by the PSC. If you read your bills, it is self explanatory, and charges are clearly written on the bill. If you don't like their charges, then move to an area without KU, I did and won't complain again because their rates are cheaper.
Seek The Truth

Richmond, KY

#8 Dec 11, 2012
Honest wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you don't know that commercial was taken out of context. KU has been doing this for years.
So how do you think your electricity is generated? Coal
The rates are typically higher both in the hottest and coldest months of the year due to supply and demand. With fewer coal mines there are fewer resources to generate coal. Its only gonna get worse.

Place that in any kind of context you want Mr/Mrs Sheeple.
Only The Truth

Corbin, KY

#9 Jan 3, 2013
I will trade with you. Clark RECC is what I have and it is terrible. Double KU's bill and that is what you would have to pay with RECC. It's a monopoly. I would give anything to be on KU.
the truth

Manchester, KY

#10 Jan 3, 2013
COAL is what we need more coalmining is the best for our electric! the bills will be cheaper if theyll focus on mining more coal in the future coal is the best and cheapest energy source plus alot of jobs are created from it.
the truth

Manchester, KY

#11 Jan 3, 2013
AEP is focused on coal real serious in pike county ky their planning to mine alot of it because of its cheaper energy source,
the truth

Manchester, KY

#12 Jan 3, 2013
Only The Truth wrote:
I will trade with you. Clark RECC is what I have and it is terrible. Double KU's bill and that is what you would have to pay with RECC. It's a monopoly. I would give anything to be on KU.
KU is supplied by coal thats why its cheaper,
Big Daddy

Richmond, KY

#13 Jan 3, 2013
RECC is also supplied by coal fired power plants. However because they have fewer customers and have to run more transmission lines they charge more to offset having fewer customers to keep up maintenance. KU serves cities in Kentucky and RECC serves people in the county and rural areas.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 32 min Jewel 7,747
Hillary Clinton Exposed 36 min bob e nite 4
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 19,794
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 32,091
Adultery 1 hr tired too 2
Richmond KY a waste of space 1 hr meee 9
Foxglove Management charging too much for overages 2 hr frustrated 3
More from around the web

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE