Social workers in madison county

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Carrie

Manchester, KY

#1 Sep 27, 2009
Whats up with the madison county social workers????
Can sumthing be done? They do not knokw how to do there job I wish sumone could petetion or write a letter to the mayor what could we do
kygirl

Winchester, KY

#2 Sep 27, 2009
Carrie wrote:
Whats up with the madison county social workers????
Can sumthing be done? They do not knokw how to do there job I wish sumone could petetion or write a letter to the mayor what could we do
what is your main compliant? social workers are doing the best they can. if people knew how to raise their childern in the first place, others wouldn't fall thru the cracks.
Dana

Paris, KY

#3 Sep 27, 2009
Quit mistreating your child, and you won't have a reason to be mad at a Social Worker.
just wondering

Langley, KY

#4 Sep 27, 2009
I know how social services work, there own children have kids, and there own children draws checks off the state. most of the social workers have worser problems with there own kids, and a little advise I would give to anyone that gets there child taken away is look the other way, when a social worker takes a kid they lie ,ky is the worst messed up state in the world you are better of moving out to another state then dealing with the faimily courts, and every thing ,I know I used to work for the state I quit because of what they wewre doing to children , and parents
just wondering

Langley, KY

#5 Sep 27, 2009
I have seen children who need to be taken away and never get removed from there homes,I have also seen children who did not need there kids taken away who was removed from a false call they recived, Thats why our state is going broke because all the foster parents are getting paid to much money,for things they shoundnt be getting paid for,these 50 year old foster mother was taken care of 7 children atr once, she was not able to meet all there needs, but of course they will do it intil they die because there getting rich, im not puttting the foster parent system down its good to help children, but you can not wake up one moring and say hey i want to be a FOSTER PARENT TO MAKE MONEY, ITS GOT TO BE YOUR PASSION TO DO IT, THATS WHY MOST FOSTER HOMES THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING TREATED AS GOOD ,MOST OF FOSTER PARENTS USE THE KIDS TO CLEAN THERE HOUSES, AND DO ALOT OF WORK THAT THERE CHILDREN WOULD NEVER DO,I THINK THE WHOLE KY GOVERMENT SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN ASAP
carrie

Manchester, KY

#6 Sep 28, 2009
just wondering you are correct and its good that someone knows the facts!! and have worked in the bussiness and you are right the best thing to do is leave the state i thinkn that the ssw get paid to take children or sumthin cause to many children are bein tok for retarded reasons and sumthing needs to be done my aunt is the mayor and im gonna talk to her about doin sumthing about this crooked as system thanks for your comment
carrie

Manchester, KY

#7 Sep 28, 2009
what ever you dont know what your talking about this system is crooked in ky and you prolly dont even have kids

Since: Sep 09

Lexington, KY

#8 Sep 28, 2009
just wondering wrote:
I have seen children who need to be taken away and never get removed from there homes,I have also seen children who did not need there kids taken away who was removed from a false call they recived, Thats why our state is going broke because all the foster parents are getting paid to much money,for things they shoundnt be getting paid for,these 50 year old foster mother was taken care of 7 children atr once, she was not able to meet all there needs, but of course they will do it intil they die because there getting rich, im not puttting the foster parent system down its good to help children, but you can not wake up one moring and say hey i want to be a FOSTER PARENT TO MAKE MONEY, ITS GOT TO BE YOUR PASSION TO DO IT, THATS WHY MOST FOSTER HOMES THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING TREATED AS GOOD ,MOST OF FOSTER PARENTS USE THE KIDS TO CLEAN THERE HOUSES, AND DO ALOT OF WORK THAT THERE CHILDREN WOULD NEVER DO,I THINK THE WHOLE KY GOVERMENT SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN ASAP
LOL rich? Yeah right.

Nobody wants to take care of your crack babies. Just be a good parent and you won't have anything to worry about. KY takes kids away because when it comes to the kids we should be very serious, and I applaud them all for it. If you want to kill yourself with whatever you're in to then go for it, just don't drag your kids down the drain with you.
pretty sure

Richmond, KY

#9 Sep 28, 2009
Well here is the way I see it, I know social workers and they are extremely overloaded with work because of people not taking care of their kids. It is a shame that the workers have to put their families second because of the workload that is put on them by low lifes. I am guessing most of the previous responses were from people who have had their kids taken away, just look at the way you are. First of all if you are going to get on here and run the social workers in the ground you should learn how to spell and type. Second all you are doing is making yourself look "worser" as one lady put it. LOL If people would just take responsiblity for their actions and grow up and be a parent then you would have nothing to fuss about. I know the everything is not fair in life, BUT GET OVER IT!!!
been there

Berea, KY

#10 Sep 28, 2009
I have been trying to get the system to help me for years with my ex and the the things he subjected our child to during his visitations. I got no help what so ever from them, and no it wasn't "hear say" I was going by, it was things on record. However with a very great attorney, I got the visits stopped. I always thought child protection services was just that, but found out different, the hard way. They were completely useless to my child and her safety. It is too bad that a parent has to spend thousands of dollars(although worth it) to keep a child safe. But hey, I'll give them them this, call in something serious like head lice and they will RUN to your door.
Nothing is Perfect

Richmond, KY

#11 Sep 28, 2009
I assume the majority of people that complain about Social Workers have had to deal with them in some fashion, or have had family who has.

The way I understand it, Social Workers first have to be tipped off about a neglectful or abusive situation, or assigned by the court, to investigate and see to the proper care of children wherever their care is in question. I'm assuming that they actually have to find something in the course of investigations to support the allegations before they can take any action?

I'm also guessing the complainers didn't like how it turned out in their case. Only they themselves know if they deserved it, but I find it impossible to believe that Social Workers are all out to get people and ruin lives.

I've seen and read several news stories about Social Services being understaffed, underfunded and overworked to the extreme, particularly in our area, because of the enormous number of people dropping the ball on taking care of their families. These Social Services jobs are clearly NOT lucrative or good paying jobs in the least. One can put in as many hours flipping burgers and make more cash, with the overtime. That means that the majority of people doing this tough job are doing it because they truly want to help. And I don't see a person of that resolve and caliber knowingly and deliberately messing with people just for kicks.

If they over-do it on the side of caution for a child's sake, so be it - better they do too much and cause a little upset here and there then do too little and a kid is hurt or killed on account of sorry-a$$, stoned, abusive, or criminal parenting.

If they can't handle everything that comes across their desks and that agitates anyone, donate some time to help out, or tell your representatives you want to see more money go to help Social Services out if they expect your vote next election.

And... If you're a sorry sack of sh!t that's put your self and your perceived needs, addictions, social concerns, or other dysfunctions ahead of the needs of your family, and now you're whining about it, then I hope your kids forget what you ever looked like, and that you never have occasion to poison their lives again. If you cared even a little about your flesh and blood, you'd want better for em too, instead of whining about good people trying to do their jobs, and do what you failed to: Taking care of those who can't take care of themselves.

Just my opinion, of course.
good

Berea, KY

#12 Sep 28, 2009
Nothing is Perfect wrote:
I assume the majority of people that complain about Social Workers have had to deal with them in some fashion, or have had family who has.
The way I understand it, Social Workers first have to be tipped off about a neglectful or abusive situation, or assigned by the court, to investigate and see to the proper care of children wherever their care is in question. I'm assuming that they actually have to find something in the course of investigations to support the allegations before they can take any action?
I'm also guessing the complainers didn't like how it turned out in their case. Only they themselves know if they deserved it, but I find it impossible to believe that Social Workers are all out to get people and ruin lives.
I've seen and read several news stories about Social Services being understaffed, underfunded and overworked to the extreme, particularly in our area, because of the enormous number of people dropping the ball on taking care of their families. These Social Services jobs are clearly NOT lucrative or good paying jobs in the least. One can put in as many hours flipping burgers and make more cash, with the overtime. That means that the majority of people doing this tough job are doing it because they truly want to help. And I don't see a person of that resolve and caliber knowingly and deliberately messing with people just for kicks.
If they over-do it on the side of caution for a child's sake, so be it - better they do too much and cause a little upset here and there then do too little and a kid is hurt or killed on account of sorry-a$$, stoned, abusive, or criminal parenting.
If they can't handle everything that comes across their desks and that agitates anyone, donate some time to help out, or tell your representatives you want to see more money go to help Social Services out if they expect your vote next election.
And... If you're a sorry sack of sh!t that's put your self and your perceived needs, addictions, social concerns, or other dysfunctions ahead of the needs of your family, and now you're whining about it, then I hope your kids forget what you ever looked like, and that you never have occasion to poison their lives again. If you cared even a little about your flesh and blood, you'd want better for em too, instead of whining about good people trying to do their jobs, and do what you failed to: Taking care of those who can't take care of themselves.
Finally someone on here that is brilliant. Great way put !!
Batman

Roswell, GA

#13 Sep 29, 2009
Finally , someone who knows absolutely nothing about social services other than what they read in the paper!
umm

Saint Simons Island, GA

#14 Sep 29, 2009
how hard is it to check on a situation like someone calls and says so an d so has 12 people living in there hud house for 6 ..how hard is it for hud to get a hold of food stamp office to see how many is getting food stamps in that home ????? duh they dont do a damn thing
My Pups

Berea, KY

#15 Sep 29, 2009
"Finally , someone who knows absolutely nothing about social services other than what they read in the paper!"

Wow. The ship has left the harbor and left you standing there holding your bags. This 'Nothing' post is on the money, dead on.
Nothing is Perfect

United States

#16 Sep 29, 2009
Batman wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally , someone who knows absolutely nothing about social services other than what they read in the paper!
Perhaps this is because I take care of my family, as my parents did before me, as do the families of those I care to associate with.

I'd rather not have the sort of first-hand knowledge displayed by the key complainants here; it means I'm doing something Right.
Where else would one who isn't a neglectful criminal or their associate learn about such things, if not the media? The wise and unbiased Topix forums, perhaps?
been there

Berea, KY

#17 Sep 29, 2009
"If they over-do it on the side of caution for a child's sake, so be it - better they do too much and cause a little upset here and there then do too little and a kid is hurt or killed on account of sorry-a$$, stoned, abusive, or criminal parenting."

That is my point exactly. I was terrified that my child would be hurt or killed on account of sorry-a$$, stoned, abusive, and criminal parenting. It was all there for them,on paper, but nobody wanted to step up and do anything. So you are talking to someone who hasn't learned from the paper but has been living a walking nightmare for years. It has takin years and like I said before, thousands of dollars to get my child "protection services"
Bored

Memphis, TN

#18 Sep 29, 2009
been there wrote:
"If they over-do it on the side of caution for a child's sake, so be it - better they do too much and cause a little upset here and there then do too little and a kid is hurt or killed on account of sorry-a$$, stoned, abusive, or criminal parenting."
That is my point exactly. I was terrified that my child would be hurt or killed on account of sorry-a$$, stoned, abusive, and criminal parenting. It was all there for them,on paper, but nobody wanted to step up and do anything. So you are talking to someone who hasn't learned from the paper but has been living a walking nightmare for years. It has takin years and like I said before, thousands of dollars to get my child "protection services"
Doesn't work with only children.

Social Services forced my grand mother into a nursing home because someone contacted them that she was alone and suffered from dementia.

She did have dementia, but she was never alone for too long a time (10 hours at the most). She had a live-in relative staying with her. She was NOT nursing home material. She wanted to stay at her home and could be difficult if placed in a nursing home. They (Social Services) were told this.

Anyhoo....because of Social Services "intervention", she was placed in a nursing home against her will (her mental state was enough that she could be forced there)....and within 6 weeks she was dead. She had fallen there, broke her hip, and contracted pneumonia from it.

We sent an obituary notice to the Social Worker.
been there

Berea, KY

#19 Sep 29, 2009
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Social Services forced my grand mother into a nursing home because someone contacted them that she was alone and suffered from dementia.
She did have dementia, but she was never alone for too long a time (10 hours at the most). She had a live-in relative staying with her. She was NOT nursing home material. She wanted to stay at her home and could be difficult if placed in a nursing home. They (Social Services) were told this.
Anyhoo....because of Social Services "intervention", she was placed in a nursing home against her will (her mental state was enough that she could be forced there)....and within 6 weeks she was dead. She had fallen there, broke her hip, and contracted pneumonia from it.

I am so sorry. I also understand, as my mother passed away due to neglect of a nursing home. How can Social Services make that decision against the wishes of the family? What makes them think they know what is best for your loved one?

Since: Sep 09

Lexington, KY

#20 Sep 29, 2009
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry for you loss but I agree that an elderly lady with dementia should not be left alone, even if it is only 10 hours. A fall and fracture can happen anywhere unfortunately, and if it had been in that 10 hours alone then it wouldn't have been any better.

Its not that they know better than you, its that you vote in your elected officials who then set the guidelines that they follow. If you are not breaking a guideline then you have nothing to worry about. For example, if the above had company full time around the clock (or did not have dementia) then nothing would have been said.

I'm sorry for the lady whose deadbeat boyfriend is endangering her child. Unfortunately in this time there is still a lot of red tape. Its not as easy as just snatching a kid away. One big lawsuit because an agent missed a step and it would significantly hurt their funding and then how would they help anyone?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Katrina blanton 5 min Curious 1
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 19 min texas pete 38,689
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min Pat Henry 151,730
Woman In Black Dress and Glasses I Saw Leaving ... 38 min NotEd 134
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 2 hr Sharlene45 4,994
Linda chase 3 hr The Boss 8
Getting laid 3 hr Sarah Cornelison 14

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages