Need an apartment asap and info on go...

Need an apartment asap and info on good and bad areas of Richmond

Posted in the Richmond Forum

Moving

Mount Vernon, KY

#1 Mar 19, 2010
My family is having to move to Richmond because of jobs. We are in desperate need of an apartment $500 or under a month. We don't know anyone in the area or anything about the area. Does anyone know of an apartment for rent that doesn't check credit history? We recently filled out an application for one and was denied because of bad credit history. We don't know the bad and good areas in Richmond, so if anyone can provide us with some info on the bad areas to stay away from that would be most helpful also. Thanks
umph

Richmond, KY

#2 Mar 20, 2010
Stay away from edwards drive and turpin drive. that is a horrible area. full of druggies and theives. i doubt you will find anything decent for under 500 per month. even the sucky apartments are usually more than that. :(
well

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2010
I would definately stay away from the above mentioned , Madison avenue and Shawnee trail aren't any better . I would try calling Taylor rental or foxglove .
umph

Richmond, KY

#4 Mar 20, 2010
saddlebrook also sucks. they come in multiple times a month with some lame excuse of why they are in there. you can't go outside without someone wanting to start something if they think you look at them, people always fighting and lots of drug dealers that seem to go unnoticed by law enforcement.
Moving

Mount Vernon, KY

#6 Mar 20, 2010
well wrote:
I would definately stay away from the above mentioned , Madison avenue and Shawnee trail aren't any better . I would try calling Taylor rental or foxglove .
Both of those do credit checks...not good since my ex hubby ruined mine. Thanks for the info though.
TyLynn All

Richmond, KY

#7 Mar 20, 2010
try the Kilarney Drive Area... I know there are a lot over here, I live here and its quiet and peaceful most of the time, you have drunk college kids out like the other night for St. Pattys laughing, but nothing too bad. I've lived here a year and like it, lots of families out walking with kids and strollers and dogs on pretty afternoons. Some are companyowned, like Taylor, W&R, Richmond Rentals is good, etc, and some are privately owned/rented. You'll just have to drive around and look for the signs, thats how I did it.
Happy days

Braxton, MS

#8 Mar 20, 2010
Gibson Gabbles apt located on Kill mcdougal.
you dont know jack

Richmond, KY

#9 Mar 20, 2010
well wrote:
Shawnee Trails is a very nice place. As long as you pay your rent on time and don't have pets. My child has lived there for over a year while attending EKU and it is a great place. I agree stay away from Turpin Drive and Saddle Brook too much drugs and violence. Shawnee Trails has reasonable rent they are well maintained and very nice manager. You should check into it.
Lol

Berea, KY

#10 Mar 20, 2010
I suggest u consider Berea alot less hoodrats and drug dealing crackheads
umph

Richmond, KY

#11 Mar 20, 2010
Moving wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of those do credit checks...not good since my ex hubby ruined mine. Thanks for the info though.
My credit sucks but I rent from foxglove. They called our old landlord and asked how we were about paying rent and we always paid on time there so the lady in the office told me as long as our previous landlord said we paid rent on time, we were fine.
Moving

Mount Vernon, KY

#12 Mar 20, 2010
umph wrote:
<quoted text>
My credit sucks but I rent from foxglove. They called our old landlord and asked how we were about paying rent and we always paid on time there so the lady in the office told me as long as our previous landlord said we paid rent on time, we were fine.
Who was the lady that you talked with that rented to you? Because when I called them they told me that they do a credit check. I will call them again on Monday and see what I can find out again.
mother of one

Richmond, KY

#13 Mar 20, 2010
I live on villa drive, it is a ok place to live and the rent for a 2 bedroom is pretty good, nothing every really happens here,I like it. There are alot of kids, so if you have kids it would be a good place for you.
mee

Richmond, KY

#14 Mar 20, 2010
you dont know jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Shawnee Trails is a very nice place. As long as you pay your rent on time and don't have pets. My child has lived there for over a year while attending EKU and it is a great place. I agree stay away from Turpin Drive and Saddle Brook too much drugs and violence. Shawnee Trails has reasonable rent they are well maintained and very nice manager. You should check into it.
shawnww trail does credit check to
DeWALT Driller

Columbus, OH

#15 Mar 20, 2010
Do you have children? How many? There are many places I can get you and your family in. I know many landlords in Richmond and own some myself. These apt's are in good neighborhoods but they are somewhat populated with some of the quieter college children. My children lived in these apt's when they attended EKU and they were quite nice.
you dont know jack

Richmond, KY

#16 Mar 21, 2010
mee wrote:
<quoted text>shawnww trail does credit check to
Have you tried Richmond Manor Apts on North 3rd St. The manager is very strict but the property is well maintained. Not sure if you would qualify for section 8 but Richmond Manor does offer rental assistance.
Moving

Mount Vernon, KY

#17 Mar 21, 2010
My son is grown but living at home right now..he is 21. We don't have any smaller children. We were approved for the Teleford Place Apts, but they look to be in a seedy area. We are trying to get some place in town because the transmission on our car just went out and we can't afford to have it fixed and move also. We prefer a quiet area, the college kids are ok because of our work schedules they wouldn't be bothering us. But we don't want to move any where that has a lot of drugs and violence. We are using our bikes to go back and forth to work and being a female I just don't really trust anyone, especially after dark.
Moving

Mount Vernon, KY

#18 Mar 21, 2010
DeWALT Driller wrote:
Do you have children? How many? There are many places I can get you and your family in. I know many landlords in Richmond and own some myself. These apt's are in good neighborhoods but they are somewhat populated with some of the quieter college children. My children lived in these apt's when they attended EKU and they were quite nice.
DeWALT Driller would you mind contacting me please? You can email me at wyndsongg at gmail. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
GILPIN COURT RESIDENT

Altavista, VA

#19 Dec 18, 2013
Move to gilpin court

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min President Don J T... 163,365
I Don't Know What The Future Holds, but 49 min KillerPopTart 72
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 41,201
Lake Reba Fish Dead 3 hr Benny 11
Yesterday's closing Saturday 4 hr Gotheart 1
Austin @ the blue moon 7 hr Edturd Cleanup 5
Kim. 8 hr David 4
Looking for a Job that Pays Considerably Better... (Mar '14) 9 hr Yawn 161

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages