Koto Japanese Bistro
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Looking for info

Lexington, KY

#1 Aug 14, 2009
Was interested in eating at this resturant, however wanted to see if anyone had any reviews of the place before I go. Is the food good? Do they take reservations (I would call and ask, but I have not been able to find a phone number online)? Service good?

Thanks
The New Idiocy

Clarksville, TN

#2 Aug 14, 2009
Food is okay but the waiters rack disaprine...

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#3 Aug 14, 2009
I plan on eating there this weekend.
redneck woman

United States

#4 Aug 14, 2009
The New Idiocy wrote:
Food is okay but the waiters rack disaprine...
I'm ashamed... I laughed out loud at this.
ho humm

Lexington, KY

#5 Aug 14, 2009
Ate there tonight. Wait was about 10 minutes. Food was good. The waitress was friendly, however we asked her a couple of questions about the menu and she did not know the answer. Instead of trying to find the answer she just shurked her shoulders and walked away. Price was about $55 for two (no alcohol beverages were purchased).
jerry

Dayton, OH

#6 Aug 14, 2009
ho humm wrote:
Ate there tonight. Wait was about 10 minutes. Food was good. The waitress was friendly, however we asked her a couple of questions about the menu and she did not know the answer. Instead of trying to find the answer she just shurked her shoulders and walked away. Price was about $55 for two (no alcohol beverages were purchased).
$55 for two people? What did you eat? And I hope you didn't tip that stupid waitress.
Nope

Macon, GA

#7 Aug 15, 2009
redneck woman wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm ashamed... I laughed out loud at this.
Dont feel bad i did too....it was VERY FUNNY
John Pinette

Spartanburg, SC

#8 Aug 15, 2009
You go home now! You been here 4 hour! You eat all the food! You no come back no more!
my belly hurt

Richmond, KY

#9 Aug 15, 2009
I went there this past week and had a horrible experience. We had to ask to be seated,the wait for the food was crazy. The only thing good about the food was the rice. But most of all the waiter was awful. Then my belly hurt most of the day.
ugh

Lexington, KY

#10 Aug 15, 2009
Although this isn't the resturants fault, the parking is terrible. I would much rather drive to the Japanese Resturant in Lexington and get to park in their parking lot, then to drive circles in hopes of finding a place to park that is not a hike. I don't mind walking, but it is riduculous that you have to park so far away.

Parking will kill Kotos and Buf. Wild Wings.
jhhjgl

Anderson, SC

#11 Aug 15, 2009
jhjkhj
Biscuit

Berea, KY

#14 Aug 15, 2009
It is extremely loud, you can hardly hear the other people at your table for the waterfall. Service was slow (and at least one of the waiters should learn about deodorant), we didn't get everything we ordered but were charged for it (had to have it taken off the bill). The only choice for rice is fried, apparently it's a Japanese restaurant without a rice steamer. Overall the food was only average. If you want sushi or habachi style dining spend the extra 20 minutes to drive to Lexington. Dinner for two was fifty bucks.
redneck woman

United States

#15 Aug 15, 2009
I see a pattern. Seems like all the new sit-down type restaurants are getting bad service reviews. Maybe it's exactly like one other person said about Logans.... maybe it DOES take a while to get everything smooth. I get frustrated with these types of things too... but maybe we all just need to have some patience and understanding, knowing that, when we go to these new places they're still babies, and everyone's still learning.
silly

Lexington, KY

#16 Aug 15, 2009
I ate dinner there. It is pricey. Food is average. I had drinks at the bar. The bartender said he was from Vegas and could mix me any drink I wanted "just name it". The first drink I told him I wanted (painkiller) he had never heard of. He did offer to look up how to make, but I told him not to bother, just mix me something different. He mixed a pineapple and rum....

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#17 Aug 15, 2009
silly wrote:
I ate dinner there. It is pricey. Food is average. I had drinks at the bar. The bartender said he was from Vegas and could mix me any drink I wanted "just name it". The first drink I told him I wanted (painkiller) he had never heard of. He did offer to look up how to make, but I told him not to bother, just mix me something different. He mixed a pineapple and rum....
They couldn't do Pusser's dark rum, coconut, orange juice, and pineapple juice?
Yum

Richmond, KY

#18 Aug 15, 2009
Do they serve sushi?
silly

Lexington, KY

#19 Aug 15, 2009
Jereman wrote:
<quoted text>
They couldn't do Pusser's dark rum, coconut, orange juice, and pineapple juice?
Guess not....bartender said he had never heard of it. I almost laughed out loud....especially since he was carrying on about being from Vegas and able to make any kind of drink.
silly

Lexington, KY

#20 Aug 15, 2009
Yum wrote:
Do they serve sushi?
yes
Yum

Richmond, KY

#21 Aug 15, 2009
Where is it located?
well

Richmond, KY

#22 Aug 15, 2009
its a new resteraunt it may take a while for them to get going but i went in last night and didn't do the hibachi grill but had sushi...it was great better than the sushi bars in lexington that's for sure...i think the waiters all looked really nice...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Removal of statute 40 min rach babe 15
Toby Haynes 40 min tom tom 6
Where can I find 41 min greg 7
Sara Habel (Aug '10) 42 min lmbo 17
Jacob Tyler Hensley 42 min jess 4
Friendship 43 min paul 8
Tonetta Hoevenaar (Mar '15) 44 min noone 397

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance