Will we ever get a real President

Will we ever get a real President

Posted in the Richmond Forum

Student

San Diego, CA

#1 Nov 17, 2012
If you leave feelings out of it, and think only with your brain, then our President has not met the requirements to really be President.

Are we as a people just going to say whatever? I mean those guys that wrote our Constitution seemed to know what they were talking about.

I just think it should be fair for all Americans. I know I cannot rent a movie at the video store without proper id.

So the way I see it is we cannot go forward until we are sure who is leading us.

So stop treating this man different because of his color. I know you are. If Obama was white, he would not have been on the ballot without that id.

“229 Strong”

Since: Nov 11

Climax, Kentucky

#2 Nov 17, 2012
Student wrote:
If you leave feelings out of it, and think only with your brain, then our President has not met the requirements to really be President.
Are we as a people just going to say whatever? I mean those guys that wrote our Constitution seemed to know what they were talking about.
I just think it should be fair for all Americans. I know I cannot rent a movie at the video store without proper id.
So the way I see it is we cannot go forward until we are sure who is leading us.
So stop treating this man different because of his color. I know you are. If Obama was white, he would not have been on the ballot without that id.
Student, I assume the school you're attending is for "special" students. When you grow up, I hope your parents, or teachers for that matter, will instill in you that racism is wrong. Also, hopefully they persuade you NOT to watch FoxNews (Faux News), because sadly, I feel that is where you're currently getting your "education". Good luck.
Student

San Diego, CA

#3 Nov 17, 2012
Musikologist wrote:
<quoted text>Student, I assume the school you're attending is for "special" students. When you grow up, I hope your parents, or teachers for that matter, will instill in you that racism is wrong. Also, hopefully they persuade you NOT to watch FoxNews (Faux News), because sadly, I feel that is where you're currently getting your "education". Good luck.

I sir am not being racist. Far from it as I am a child of color myself. I am simple saying the obvious. My mother had to provide my birth certificate to get me in the Brownies, in school, my Drivers License. Are we all not equal? If not, then you sir are the racist.
gitrdone

Nicholasville, KY

#4 Nov 17, 2012
Musikologist wrote:
<quoted text>Student, I assume the school you're attending is for "special" students. When you grow up, I hope your parents, or teachers for that matter, will instill in you that racism is wrong. Also, hopefully they persuade you NOT to watch FoxNews (Faux News), because sadly, I feel that is where you're currently getting your "education". Good luck.
Guess you love the kool aid drinking liberal media? You watch MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS or NBS news? You libs hate Fox News because they are not afraid of the liberals.
greatnews

Berea, KY

#5 Nov 17, 2012
One of them I think it was CNN had a counter on their webpage the other day so that people could watch it drop as people defriended Romney on facebook and people wonder why the intelligent people go to Fox for real news. Afraid to look at them now because I am sure the pro-Hamas stories would make me sick.
Never

Richmond, KY

#6 Nov 18, 2012
The whole issue of the current President's supposedly questionable nationality/background has been debunked, repeatedly, by multiple investigative bodies and legal processes. Further, no American presidential candidate is even allowed to run for office before being vetted through an extensive background check that would have long since identified any real discrepancies. Ass-clown conspiracy websites still harp on this - and idiots that haven't done their homework repeat it - but to the rest of the informed public, it is no longer an issue, and really never was.

And like all partisan quibbling, it only serves to distract from the REAL issue:

Presidential candidates (and their brethren in Congress) never make it to the ballot box without selling out to special interests for campaign money (i.e. bribes).

Those special interests hedge their bets by supporting both candidates to some degree, funneling their money through different companies and trusts so that their 2-sided efforts are less obvious. That way, whoever is elected will owe them, one way or the other.

These "campaign contributors" are the only real rulers of this nation. Most votes go only for one of the two hand-picked major-ticket sock puppets presented to us, and their policies and (more importantly) the actual practice of government by either of the big ticket choices will NEVER stray far from the agendas of those who put them into power: Again, NOT you the voter, but the special interests that own major ticket candidates from the start.

Money rules this nation, not The People. Until that changes, we will ever see a "real President."
Opinion

Winchester, KY

#7 Nov 18, 2012
Never wrote:
The whole issue of the current President's supposedly questionable nationality/background has been debunked, repeatedly, by multiple investigative bodies and legal processes. Further, no American presidential candidate is even allowed to run for office before being vetted through an extensive background check that would have long since identified any real discrepancies. Ass-clown conspiracy websites still harp on this - and idiots that haven't done their homework repeat it - but to the rest of the informed public, it is no longer an issue, and really never was.
And like all partisan quibbling, it only serves to distract from the REAL issue:
Presidential candidates (and their brethren in Congress) never make it to the ballot box without selling out to special interests for campaign money (i.e. bribes).
Those special interests hedge their bets by supporting both candidates to some degree, funneling their money through different companies and trusts so that their 2-sided efforts are less obvious. That way, whoever is elected will owe them, one way or the other.
These "campaign contributors" are the only real rulers of this nation. Most votes go only for one of the two hand-picked major-ticket sock puppets presented to us, and their policies and (more importantly) the actual practice of government by either of the big ticket choices will NEVER stray far from the agendas of those who put them into power: Again, NOT you the voter, but the special interests that own major ticket candidates from the start.
Money rules this nation, not The People. Until that changes, we will ever see a "real President."
I have lived here all my life and love this community but what you say is so very true. Money rules everything and we in this area are no exception. Look at the local commisioners race. I like Laura Morgan but there is no way a sensible person could believe she is the most qualified for the position. The facts are she will have whatever office she wishes because she is from a long standing wealthy family. If it is this way here what do you think it is on a state level or national level? All of you that think your vote from Kentucky means anything are very silly indeed. Do you realize that if every citizen of Kentucky had voted for one candidate in the presidental race, let's say Romney, it would not have influenced the race in any way? I am not sure we common everyday people realize how little our opinion means.

What you want means nothing in the political process especially on a local level. I have been told by several people that have run for local offices such as magistrate or commisioner that you had better plan on spending 20,000.00 to even have a chance. It takes money and position to get anything. Give yourself a break and realize that.
Your Mother

San Diego, CA

#8 Nov 18, 2012
Never wrote:
The whole issue of the current President's supposedly questionable nationality/background has been debunked, repeatedly, by multiple investigative bodies and legal processes.
"

Bullshit. I have followed this and it has not been resolved. It has been made more suspect with his Grandmother, Brother, and Wife, openly stating he was born in Kenya.
Dennis

Midlothian, IL

#9 Apr 5, 2013
Two year term limit for ALL politicians. Drug test for all politicians. Lie detector test for all politicians. Make it as hard to be a politician as it is to be a politician's bodyguard!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min ChromiuMan 153,556
Guess Who Is Still Going To Be Getting His Cla... 1 hr You Think You Kno... 851
Paul Couch of MCHS (Sep '12) 5 hr Lol 7
Lil Ray Ray Crutcher (May '12) 6 hr Imthatbitch 52
Are there any mobile homes for rent decently pr... 6 hr I have a mobile h... 6
Confidential Informants for RPD (Feb '12) 7 hr CriminalForever 12
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 8 hr Jennifer Renee 38,989

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages