Former Madison secretary convicted in sex case is eligible for probation, filing says

Nov 1, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lexington Herald-Leader

Lynda Chase, center, with attorneys Michael Eubanks, left and James Baechtold, right, answered questions from the prosecutor during a shock probation hearing before Madison Circuit Judge William Clouse at Madison County Circuit Court in Richmond, Ky., on Oct.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Sep 7, 2012
Shooter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Nov 7, 2011
 
Its bullshit alright. Bullshit that she was charged and prosecuted by the idiots uptown. And even more bullshit that idiots like yourself chime in.
Read this:
"Baechtold wrote that it was not until three minutes before the Oct. 26 hearing that Madison Circuit Judge William Clouse was handed paperwork indicating prosecutors would say Chase was ineligible to receive shock probation. That was the first time that the court or prosecutors had raised the issue."
So which dumbass thought this up? Every stinking doper in the system gets probation, Hell I bet even someone that would like a ninjaed up piece of shit glock would get probation.
gator

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Nov 7, 2011
 
Chase's attorney, James Baechtold, said in his memorandum, which was filed on Monday, that Madison Circuit Court had granted shock probation in 2009 for a defendant who, like Chase, had been convicted of a Class D felony sex offense involving a minor.

"Obviously ... this disparity in treatment has raised serious concerns about whether the defendant's right to equal protection and substantive/procedural due process have been violated," Baechtold wrote.

And if I am not mistaken, the case he referred to, was granted by Judge Clouse.
You are right

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Nov 10, 2011
 
gator wrote:
Chase's attorney, James Baechtold, said in his memorandum, which was filed on Monday, that Madison Circuit Court had granted shock probation in 2009 for a defendant who, like Chase, had been convicted of a Class D felony sex offense involving a minor.
"Obviously ... this disparity in treatment has raised serious concerns about whether the defendant's right to equal protection and substantive/procedural due process have been violated," Baechtold wrote.
And if I am not mistaken, the case he referred to, was granted by Judge Clouse.
I know Baechtold. All he wanted is equal treatment for his client. He didn't expect shock probation to be granted but he also didn't expect that they would say she was ineligible. The exact same Judge and prosecutor never raised the issue with Brandon Rousey, a student teacher at Madison Middle School was trying to solicit sex from Middle school girls under the age of 13. He was shock probated and his victims were a whole lot younger than Chase's victim. How is that fair? I think both should be in jail but I would feel a whole lot more comfortable with Chase than Rousey. His targets were a lot more vunerable than a 15 year old. You will never see an explanation from the prosectution or the court because there isn't one. They cannot explain it!
To tell you the truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Nov 13, 2011
 
You are right wrote:
<quoted text>
I know Baechtold. All he wanted is equal treatment for his client. He didn't expect shock probation to be granted but he also didn't expect that they would say she was ineligible. The exact same Judge and prosecutor never raised the issue with Brandon Rousey, a student teacher at Madison Middle School was trying to solicit sex from Middle school girls under the age of 13. He was shock probated and his victims were a whole lot younger than Chase's victim. How is that fair? I think both should be in jail but I would feel a whole lot more comfortable with Chase than Rousey. His targets were a lot more vunerable than a 15 year old. You will never see an explanation from the prosectution or the court because there isn't one. They cannot explain it!
The truth is all child predators should go to the front of the line on deathrow, there is no place in society for them. I believe the difference between Rousey and Chase was he TRIED to have sex with a 13 year old while she DID have sex with the 15 year old. Either way put them out of reach of our children permanently.
Mchsgrad2011

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 6, 2012
 
Shes a bitch i was at school whenthey took her out.. she did it for yrs..... stupid ass bitch.
oh

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 7, 2012
 
Mchsgrad2011 wrote:
Shes a bitch i was at school whenthey took her out.. she did it for yrs..... stupid ass bitch.
grow up!
monte

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 7, 2012
 
I would tapped that axx!!
curious

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 7, 2012
 
still locked up?
lol

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 7, 2012
 
Someone forward this thread to the school board, then fire them along with every teacher at Central. God help us if this is the quality of education that is coming out of that school.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Richmond News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richmond
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••