wondering

Richmond, KY

#1 May 25, 2013
how much time does someone usually get for possession of a controlled substance 1st degree 1st offense?
Nothing

Lexington, KY

#2 May 25, 2013
wondering wrote:
how much time does someone usually get for possession of a controlled substance 1st degree 1st offense?
Probation if that .......
lulu

Winchester, KY

#3 May 25, 2013
probation with diversion.
lulu

Winchester, KY

#4 May 25, 2013
supervised probation with diversion ***
Information

Richmond, KY

#5 May 26, 2013
90 days is the normal sentence, if you pay the total fine up front. Seems like it was $730.00 plus 90 days and yes, they take you straight from court, handcuff you, attach the leg irons and walk you to jail in the line with the rest of the prisoners.
Actually

San Diego, CA

#6 May 26, 2013
I heard they have increased the fine to 825.00 but you are right about the rest.
False

Lexington, KY

#7 May 26, 2013
You will get no jail time you will get fines and if you want off whatever your addicted to ask for help ONLY if you are serious as caught again you will be locked up.
lulu

Winchester, KY

#8 May 26, 2013
Im on probation for the same charge....I know.
No, I did NOT go to jail. I got a year, probated for 2 yrs, with diversion. If you mess up, you will do the time! I think this only applies to first time felons though. I did not have any fines, other than fees at P&P. Your punishment depends on your record really. This was my first felony and this is what I got. The probation is supervised.
KnoOne12

Lexington, KY

#9 May 30, 2013
So what is to become of the very increasing Heroin problem?
ugly truth

Richmond, KY

#10 May 30, 2013
KnoOne12 wrote:
So what is to become of the very increasing Heroin problem?
it will get worse, of course. or some other drug will replace it, either illicit or a new and powerful abused prescription drug. it's the not the drugs themselves that are the problem, so much as the situations that create the mindset to continue to abuse them. as long as there are people who have that mindset, who value the escape and pseudo-coping mechanism provided by them over their own health, well-being, and freedom, there will be drug abuse of some kind. and enterprising addicts and criminals looking to profit from the situation will go so far as to create new drugs themselves when they must. as long as people continue to prefer an altered reality to their real lives, it will never, ever go away. that isn't a legal problem or a medical problem, but a cultural problem, rooted in the individual upbringing and society's tolerance and sympathy toward those who perpetuate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Unremarkable History of Edturd 5 min Like Cats Eyes 656
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 26 min ChromiuMan 163,847
Ladies! The worst thing a man has ever done to ... (Sep '13) 1 hr Linder 18
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 41,459
Kevin Jenkins 7 hr LostSouls 11
Where is godly christian men at ? 7 hr Justbeingnosey 23
Who is the cutest Richmond City Cop (Feb '10) 12 hr leroi 75

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages