richmond centre huge failure

Posted in the Richmond Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
hello

Richmond, KY

#1 Mar 14, 2009
I Just went past there, and there had to be less than 2000 cars there. Logans failed to have even a single empty parking spot. Culvers was in the same boat. Hastings had a line at each of their registers, even the workers at hibbet were busy. this is an absurd failure for our city, BRING BACK THE RICHMOND MALL. I want to walk alone in its dark corridors again!
dude

Richmond, KY

#3 Mar 14, 2009
I just wish a few more stores would open out there that we didn't already have in the mall! It seems like everything moved out there. It kinda kills the mood of having a new shopping center when the only thing that opened were things that we already had. I also with they would lower their freaking asking price to get that mall filled again. Either that, or tear the damn thing down and put something good in there.
hello

Richmond, KY

#4 Mar 14, 2009
I didnt know the old mall had Belk, TJ Maxx, Rue 21, Rack room shoes, Logans, and Culvers! There must be a wing of it i missed.
Sunny

AOL

#5 Mar 14, 2009
My complaint is the parking for the movies. It's horrible. I think once you get into the shopping center the layout of the parking is kinda crazy also. I'm hoping we get an AE or Aerie there.
boo

United States

#6 Mar 16, 2009
I despise the entire parking lot, especially the entrance. It's a very strange layout. Other than that, I think it's great and cannot wait for Meijer to get up and running! I hate WalMart!
remembering

AOL

#7 Mar 16, 2009
boo wrote:
I despise the entire parking lot, especially the entrance. It's a very strange layout. Other than that, I think it's great and cannot wait for Meijer to get up and running! I hate WalMart!
I
AGREE, I HATE WAL MART TO.
Ugh

Anderson, SC

#8 Mar 16, 2009
remembering wrote:
<quoted text>
I
AGREE, I HATE WAL MART TO.
Kudos! Hell-Mart is truly hell on earth. Had to go there yesterday after a 3 month avoidance of the place...just as bad as ever. Can't wait for Meijers.
shopper24

Frankfort, KY

#9 Mar 16, 2009
I'm real excited about the centre. It means I don't have to drive as far to shop my favorite stores, TJ MAXX and Dress Barn.
The X

Richmond, KY

#10 Mar 16, 2009
Meijer in richmond?! not likely to ever happen. Meijer has a ten year hold on the land at the richmond centre. which means others buisness build around it waiting for them while increasing the value of the spot, then ten years from now Meijer sells out.
hello

Richmond, KY

#11 Mar 16, 2009
They are already starting on the place, you have to drive past culvers and its on the right. Theres a sign up there the size of a small bus saying its meijers.
The X wrote:
Meijer in richmond?! not likely to ever happen. Meijer has a ten year hold on the land at the richmond centre. which means others buisness build around it waiting for them while increasing the value of the spot, then ten years from now Meijer sells out.
Ugh

Anderson, SC

#12 Mar 16, 2009
The X wrote:
My husband just spoke to the developers last week because we may be moving our business there. The developers told him that Meijer was starting construction this spring, basically anytime now.
The X

Richmond, KY

#13 Mar 16, 2009
I'm not saying they will not come. But a big company in a small town, McDonald's cannot even get full staffed. So who would work there? Plus the fact a sign is up means little, they have changed their minds once already. I hope they do. Richmond unemployment is down so we need something!
Research

Paris, KY

#14 Mar 16, 2009
The X wrote:
I'm not saying they will not come. But a big company in a small town, McDonald's cannot even get full staffed. So who would work there? Plus the fact a sign is up means little, they have changed their minds once already. I hope they do. Richmond unemployment is down so we need something!
Actually, Madison Co. unemployment as a whole has risen to 6.4%. You should read a paper, or learn watch the news if you can't read.

http://www.richmondregister.com/localnews/loc...
why is this true

Berea, KY

#15 Mar 16, 2009
the parking is one disaster but I am glad to see some stores coming there has been nothing much in Richmond for way to long. We are too close to Lexington to have struggled so long with no place to shop.
Research

Paris, KY

#16 Mar 17, 2009
The Centre was built with bad timing but good intent. When the economy picks up (2-3 yrs from now), that place will be hopping. They need an electronics store like Best Buy to really bring it all together.
Truth

Lexington, KY

#17 Mar 17, 2009
Richmond Center is in Full Swing.
It is a smashing success and will be hopping by fall.
Next spring (2010) will be even better.
I'm in direct contact with the developers.
Here's whats coming soon.
Meijer's
Olive Garden
Panera Bread
Chick-fil-a
Kyoto (Japenese Hibachi Grill)

The Richmond center will bring jobs and extra revenue via taxes for our city.
We should just be patient and give the center 5 years before passing hasty judgements.
Research

Paris, KY

#18 Mar 17, 2009
Truth wrote:
We should just be patient and give the center 5 years before passing hasty judgements.
I agree with that. It will bring great part-time work for local teenagers and college students, and a few managers. Although it's not as good as Kirby's Industrial Park, it's a definite leap forward. If this becomes a high-traffic town, other businesses will be attracted. Enough with the Restaurants! Bring us a Best Buy!
Work there

Richmond, KY

#19 Mar 17, 2009
Truth wrote:
Richmond Center is in Full Swing.
It is a smashing success and will be hopping by fall.
Next spring (2010) will be even better.
I'm in direct contact with the developers.
Here's whats coming soon.
Meijer's
Olive Garden
Panera Bread
Chick-fil-a
Kyoto (Japenese Hibachi Grill)
The Richmond center will bring jobs and extra revenue via taxes for our city.

Meijer's is NOT coming to Richmond.
BikerStud

Richmond, KY

#20 Mar 17, 2009
Keep telling yourself that as they are starting the foundation of the building.
The Truth

United States

#21 Mar 17, 2009
I met the owners on Friday.
Meijer's will start construction next month.
Home Depot did pull out of the deal but that was because they are cutting back nationwide.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Viewer 178,015
Section 8 landlords 41 min David 2
watch out for road blocks tonight 59 min yup 5
Court 4 hr Meee 6
What Was Going On Today At Mexican Restruant On... 8 hr Agree 29
A Trip To Stately Wayne Manor and Fisherman's W... (Jul '17) 9 hr Molly 4,842
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 9 hr texas pete 5,825

Richmond Jobs

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages