1954 Gibson LesPaul Jr...What is it w...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
54 LPJr SN 4 1188

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Jan 26, 2013
I have a Les Paul Jr SN 4 1188 that I used on stage for several years in the late '70s & '80s I loaned it to a collegue and he modified it with a different tailpiece and adjustable bridge because the original bridge/tailpiece was broken. Everything else is original including the tuning pegs and humbucker pickup. I have the original bridge/tailpiece. I think this could be restored to like original condition with a replacement bridge/tailpiece - I have seen these available on the internet. Of course in retrospect, I wish I have never said OK to my friend. Anybody have an idea how much this might be worth?
Les Paul

Richmond, KY

#22 Jan 26, 2013
Hey, man... Thanks for finding my guitar. I'll be there to get it in a few.
uncertain

Berea, KY

#23 Jan 28, 2013
Wasn't there an episode of pawn stars where they explained that les pauls were unreliable in their serial number that some of the crappy ones from the early 80s had the same serials as some from the 60s and there's no guarantee. People trying to sell 200 dollar guitars for thousands of dollars. I would be cautious unless I was an expert or knew one.
1954 LP JR Owner

Westtown, NY

#24 Oct 25, 2013
That's the difference in the LP Junior...it is instantly reconizable and the serial numbers on these (54 was the FIRST YEAR) can be verified through Gibson themselves. Mine is registered with Gibson. That was one of the issues I had with the OP on this as his serial number he posted didn't seem right for a 54 LP Jr...it should be a 4 (which indicated the year then) followed by a dash (-) and then the four digit serial number. I have never seen or heard of a 54 JR having a serial number more than 4 digits long after the year and dash. Example is 4-xxxx
The serial numbers on these guitars were stamped on the back of the headstock.
Rick Harrison

Toledo, OH

#25 Oct 25, 2013
I'll give you 5 coconuts and a piece of string for it, AFTER I call the guy that knows about 1954 Les Paul guitars.
Nadov22

Hayward, CA

#26 Nov 8, 2015
Troy wrote:
<quoted text> Very well put!!! Those guitars are worth thousands!!! I am picking one up that my sisters roomates father left her, he bought it new in 1954, I'm giving her $3000 for it, I stand to make at least $10,000, so yeah, that other guy can stick his $210 up his ass!!!!

Why would she give it to you for $3000 and then watch you turn around and sell it for 10k? Seems like you're either taking advantage of your sister's friend, abusing a nice gesture (friendly price to obtain a great guitar), or are lying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 5 min Doobie Time 41,658
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min ChromiuMan 164,810
The Unremarkable History of Edturd 2 hr Molly 1,836
Empty Currier's spot on main street 7 hr wondering. 2
News Union wants higher base wage for all at YVR 11 hr Lets_Improve_Safety 1
BEDBUGS and Filth roaches (Nov '11) 11 hr Lets_Improve_Safety 9
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 11 hr Really 8,278

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages