Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 170519 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#135226 Aug 4, 2014
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was the liberal wealth redistributionists (today's democrats) who had Jesus killed - they were living lavishly by taxing the hell out of the commoners.
And Jesus would not fit the liberal hippy mold - he never climbed up on the hood of police cars and took a shit.
Well said!
Good to see you again!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135227 Aug 4, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Pythagorean theorem" as "high school" math?
Enough to make even the intermediate well versed and licensed to lecture upon, fall backwards...asleep... in their academic wooden, swivel chairs of.
(Now have an abucus chrumolio!)
be relevant.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135228 Aug 4, 2014
El Hijo de curiosidad wrote:
<quoted text>
You have concocted an excuse,not made a point.
I love how you sometimes twist peoples words to match your own intent. All of the time, really.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135229 Aug 4, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Romans 1
Deal with it!
Paul wrote Romans, probably 25 years after the crucifixion. It isn't a part of the gospels - not that it really matters. What's your point?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135230 Aug 4, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that's why Catholics are not really Christians!
It's a Pagan bastard off shoot of Christianity...

Having a Jewish Mother... no different than having a Black, Hispanic, or Indian Mother...
It's in the blood!

Christianity is a conversion thing... Sinful heart to a God fearing, Jesus Loving heart!
I remind you again, Catholics wrote your Bible and every bible in the world is an offshoot from it.

Judaism is not a race, it's a religion. Mind your bigotry. There can be doubt who the father is, but there isn't any of who the mother is. It's a practicality thing, you wouldn't understand.

You love a story so much you are delusional over it. It's just Spock ears and hobbit feet costumed conventioneers taken to the extreme.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135231 Aug 4, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally, I don't think he was any kind of a god, but I don't deny that he's had an enormous impact on western civilization - including the hippies. I think the godhead trickery came long after he was dead, dead, dead. As far as comparing him to 60's cultists, love children and Jesus freaks, I don't discount Pythagoras because every high school math teacher knows how to find the hypotenuse of a right triangle and it doesn't make high school math teachers geniuses.
Yes, Jesus had a large impact. That does not mean he was much or any different than many sixties hippies.
My view is, Jesus died a martyr. And as martyrs go, the legacy is often blown out of proportion to the actual man.
Jesus may have also been one of the first to go the way of hippie cults. Being the first does give one status.
Jesus also pulled off the attachment of the established religion (Judaism) to his new age views.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135232 Aug 4, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The 60's Democrat held different viewpoints according to geography. Hippies were a counterculture movement and as you say, they were to the left of Democrats no matter how you slice it...(unless you ask chuckleheads like YaA or Buck Crick, which is >the origin and crux< of this discussion) They opposed "the Establishment" represented by both parties.
We agree that Jesus was far to the left of both '60's and current Democrats, but that doesn't make him analogous to thousands of flower children.
Case in point: Growing long hair and wearing peace signs in '69 didn't make you a pioneering free spirit non-conformist individual when all of your peers were doing the exact. same. thing.
Jesus followed John the Baptist and his group, so I feel he was of his peers.
I do think Jesus was on the leadership side of the hippie party. And he does seem to align more with the leaders of hippie cults more so than the followers.
Of course cultures change some of the dynamics, so obviously I am not claiming an exact replica of a sixties hippie.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135233 Aug 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Jesus had a large impact. That does not mean he was much or any different than many sixties hippies.
My view is, Jesus died a martyr. And as martyrs go, the legacy is often blown out of proportion to the actual man.
Jesus may have also been one of the first to go the way of hippie cults. Being the first does give one status.
Jesus also pulled off the attachment of the established religion (Judaism) to his new age views.
I agree that Jesus was a new ager of his time, an ordinary man and that some of his message was pulled from kinder gentler (thus less popular among the mainstream and conservative establishment) Torah passages. What I have contention with is the comparison considering the lack of originality of modern hippies and new agers.
AAA

United States

#135234 Aug 4, 2014
All that insightfullness coming from someone who thinks he evolved from a rock,, of course he can't tell you where the rock came from, but he evolved from it non the less! Lol.!!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135235 Aug 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus followed John the Baptist and his group, so I feel he was of his peers.
I do think Jesus was on the leadership side of the hippie party. And he does seem to align more with the leaders of hippie cults more so than the followers.
Of course cultures change some of the dynamics, so obviously I am not claiming an exact replica of a sixties hippie.
Certainly he was influenced by predecessors and peers, and aside from John the Baptist we'll never know exactly who, how many, to what extent and in what way since the early church did its utmost best to choreograph the record.(There is even speculation that he was learned in Hinduism, though I find that far fetched.) There is little doubt that he was the alpha dog in his group and an A type personality. There were bound to be similar contemporaries (of the hippie movement, as you put it) whose memories have passed into oblivion. If Pilate was sending them a message, it would appear to have had an effect - or it might just be that Public Relations Paul overshadowed the competition.
The stories don't tell of him being into self gratification the way the '60's hippies tended to be, but there is a definite intentional lack of data on anything that might be considered untoward.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135236 Aug 4, 2014
AAA wrote:
All that insightfullness coming from someone who thinks he evolved from a rock,, of course he can't tell you where the rock came from, but he evolved from it non the less! Lol.!!
I know where rocks come from and the difference between abiogenesis and the Theory of Evolution - it isn't my fault you don't.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#135237 Aug 4, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Many are called, few will enter!
Buy a clue....
Not all who say they are Christians are...
As a Christian what side of the debate are you on regarding Latin American children trying to escape poverty,starvation and sex exploitation by CINOs in their country? Should they be turned away by true Christians? What would Jesus do?
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#135238 Aug 4, 2014
Where are the Christians? Never mind ..debating with atheists... Texas needs a exorcism. YAA you're calling is awaiting you.


Texas bans gay marriage on the grounds that it will lead to things like bestiality, except that bestiality OK?

Bestiality is currently legal in many states (such as Texas)

Map of the Day: Bestiality-Friendly States

http://www.motherjones.com/rights-stuff/2010/...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135239 Aug 4, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that's why Catholics are not really Christians!
It's a Pagan bastard off shoot of Christianity...
Having a Jewish Mother... no different than having a Black, Hispanic, or Indian Mother...
It's in the blood!
Christianity is a conversion thing... Sinful heart to a God fearing, Jesus Loving heart!
Catholics do accept Jewish converts.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135240 Aug 4, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly he was influenced by predecessors and peers, and aside from John the Baptist we'll never know exactly who, how many, to what extent and in what way since the early church did its utmost best to choreograph the record.(There is even speculation that he was learned in Hinduism, though I find that far fetched.) There is little doubt that he was the alpha dog in his group and an A type personality. There were bound to be similar contemporaries (of the hippie movement, as you put it) whose memories have passed into oblivion. If Pilate was sending them a message, it would appear to have had an effect - or it might just be that Public Relations Paul overshadowed the competition.
The stories don't tell of him being into self gratification the way the '60's hippies tended to be, but there is a definite intentional lack of data on anything that might be considered untoward.
The Source family was formed from many different philosophies and guru ideas.
Yes, many scholars feel the message of Jesus had eastern influence. So again Jesus does not seem so different than the hippie cult leaders(for lack of a better label).
Maybe the hippie cult leaders were trying to mimic Jesus, but something tells me the pattern had been around for ages before Jesus, and it is just a part of human nature. People are curious and want answers. So the guy who has charisma and confidence with an answer has a good chance at being a leader, no matter if the answers are the correct or best answer or not. It goes with all politics and religion.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#135241 Aug 4, 2014
I was shocked that Florida with all the bible thumpers, JW's, Mormon and other Christians who preach in that state has not address this issue as they do gay marriages , why is that, that all you get is a ticket for thumping Mr. Ed. I then saw how wide spread this bestiality is by CINO's.

Where did this activity start, of course in the ancient religions.

"Donkey Sex: The Most Bizarre Tradition", on YouTube

A YouTube documentary that is not censored except for the actual act.

I will not provide a link for this because it shows god fearing "CINOs" believers encourage young teens or boys to engage in this disturbing activity.
pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#135242 Aug 4, 2014
Loved your post. Was it Thomas Aquinis who basically said, Give me a child until he is five, and we'll have him for life? Shows how smart the Jews were being, as well as practical.

For Yes and Amen: do you think Martin Luther was a Christian?
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I remind you again, Catholics wrote your Bible and every bible in the world is an offshoot from it.
Judaism is not a race, it's a religion. Mind your bigotry. There can be doubt who the father is, but there isn't any of who the mother is. It's a practicality thing, you wouldn't understand.
You love a story so much you are delusional over it. It's just Spock ears and hobbit feet costumed conventioneers taken to the extreme.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135243 Aug 4, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that Jesus was a new ager of his time, an ordinary man and that some of his message was pulled from kinder gentler (thus less popular among the mainstream and conservative establishment) Torah passages. What I have contention with is the comparison considering the lack of originality of modern hippies and new agers.
Few people have many new ideas, and I doubt most the ideas Jesus spoke of were really all that new, or original to him. As I said, he did learn from John the Baptist and probably many others. His background is really not known. He was simply the man who became famous for putting out some radical ideas that were not yet mainstream. Heck, even centuries after him, they were yet to be mainstream. And as we have pointed out, conservatives love to claim Jesus, yet do not do as he says. They are not the sort who follow ideas like turning the other cheek, or living a commune lifestyle.
So it is still not fully mainstream.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135244 Aug 4, 2014
AAA wrote:
All that insightfullness coming from someone who thinks he evolved from a rock,, of course he can't tell you where the rock came from, but he evolved from it non the less! Lol.!!
Still debating straw men?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135245 Aug 4, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I remind you again, Catholics wrote your Bible and every bible in the world is an offshoot from it.
Judaism is not a race, it's a religion. Mind your bigotry. There can be doubt who the father is, but there isn't any of who the mother is. It's a practicality thing, you wouldn't understand.
You love a story so much you are delusional over it. It's just Spock ears and hobbit feet costumed conventioneers taken to the extreme.
Question is, who was Jesus' father? Was it Joseph, god or some other dude? No one knows for sure.
I never understood the reason Catholics put Mary on a pedestal. Does anyone here know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Trip To Stately Wayne Manor and Fisherman's W... 1 hr Action Figure 2,801
Temp Service (May '13) 1 hr Lazarus 3
Safety officer Danny Pollard 1 hr Oops 4
Madision co child services (Jan '13) 1 hr Hmmm 81
Your "boyfriend" is a complete, and utter toolbag. 1 hr Old Geezer 11
Fat women,do you like them,pros and cons 2 hr David Hopkins 11
anyone know a sam (Apr '09) 5 hr Pound Town 9

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages