Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 165494 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYaDude

Elyria, OH

#129671 May 2, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
She said "Fed a Raised".... Didn't say a thing about reading them...
And PEAS dude:
One outlet is one outlet!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#129672 May 2, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a whole lot on nothing there buddy. In case you missed it Jesus was referring to you and everyone else also. Who's your father?
BTW... The NT was also written by Jews. Paul having the honor of being both Jewish and a Roman citizen
I quote plenty of examples of Christian hatred towards the Jews andyou fail to refute it.

Says it all, really.

By the way, the scripture I was alluding to was John 8:44 where Jesus is addressing the Jews.

Cambridge, UK

#129673 May 2, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW... I love the ways you atheists dodge the link about Hitler's bible. Not surprising! It doesn't fit your narrative.
You atheist think you're smart. Deflect, ignore and move on. In all honesty you're nothing more than uneducated Utopian Statist Not even qualified liberals.
This from the guy who dodges nearly two thousand years of Christian anti-semitism.

What link about Hitler's bible?

Cambridge, UK

#129674 May 2, 2014
John wrote:
And I heard a loud voice in heaven, saying,“Now the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers has been thrown down, who accuses them day and night before our God.
How was your puppet masters landing?
Whoops!

I nearly missed this one.

Interesting to see you quote from Revelation.

The way you quote implies that you believe what it says.

Am I right? Do you believe the scriptures in Revelation?

Cambridge, UK

#129675 May 2, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
No I didn't see your answer. Care to give a post number. I haven't been asked to kill anyone. Care to give a reference? I'll give you mine.
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (Matthew 5:43-44 KJV)
OK, you've not been asked.

However, what if you were?

What if you heard a voice from heaven and you were convinced that it was the god of the Bible talking to you?

What if that voice told you to go and kill the family across the road because they were unbelievers and had offended your god?

Would you obey?

Cambridge, UK

#129676 May 2, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
America is a Christian nation. It was founded based on Christian principals.
To say you know anything about Germany is joke, let alone the mentality of the German people.
The 3rd reich was a Christian army blah, blah, blah. The German people hated Jews blah, blah, blah.
You just got a hole blown in everything you atheist clowns have been posting. Consider my posts an education.
I made a suggestion earlier. I'll make it again. READ A BOOK!
The fact remains that levels of Christianity in 1930s Germany were significantly higher than they are in America today.

Yet all that Christian belief, morality, compassion, etc amounted to nothing when it came to saving the Jews, or indeed the other groups, targeted by Hitler.

As a moral system in 1930s Germany, Christianity was an abject failure.

Cambridge, UK

#129677 May 2, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Funtime The Atheist is ranting and raving and has self proclaimed himself as an able judge , based on his balls.... We been through this in the near past....
Why do you intentionally omit the reasons and motives and objectives given for those instructions given to the Jews by God.....
Why do you keep taking scripture out of context and then self prpclaim yourself as being able to understand. You don't understand, you are very adept at misrepresenting...
While I am at it . Not only you ,but also the other sasquatches that contaminate this forum
and so that there is no doubt as to whom I mean,,, BOX of crackerjacks , Pre K,,, Yiago has not been heard from lately..........Neither has UMM, who made a reappearance ,making a lot of noise, made some stupid remarks and has not been heard from since.
Oddly, they both disappeared at about the same time when they were here previously.
They must travel in pairs..........
Shariah Law is coming to Brunei.

That may well mean beheadings, stonings, amputation, etc.

Civilised people recoil in horror at the barbarism.

However, try questioning a Muslim about it and you'll get some idiot answer where you'll be called a fool because you have to ask the right question first.

Sound familiar?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#129678 May 3, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't have to, cuz I'm not.
I KNOW I'm an imperfect being, and denial of being anything else but, is for LOSERS.
(so quit acting like one-moron.)
So, you think it is somehow so honorable to admit imperfection that it offsets lying about being a hypocrite? That's a strange vision of humility you've got there.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#129679 May 3, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet nothing he said indicates he feels he is perfect. Why is it you cannot debate a thing we say?
You are not perfect, and we called out one of your imperfections. So why keep acting like a jackass?
Asking her/he/it why she can't successfully debate is a bit like asking a dolphin why it won't simply jump over a net. He/she/it has no concept of being able to and even if it could answer, it sQUeekTICs an unintelligible language..
I don't think there's ever been a normally functioning human who hasn't expressed, "Do as I say, not as I do." I've admitted that I'm a hypocrite on at least two occasions and I'm sure it titillates curious to no end.. but then, honesty isn't a shameful handicap to me the way it is for partisans and religies.
SistaNoneYaDude

Elyria, OH

#129680 May 3, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you've not been asked.
However, what if you were?
What if you heard a voice from heaven and you were convinced that it was the god of the Bible talking to you?
What if that voice told you to go and kill the family across the road because they were unbelievers and had offended your god?
Would you obey?
See, there's where ignorant morons, consumed by their OWN hypocritical hatred, bigotry and juvenile intolerance of others RIGHTS to personal choice and freedoms, are CONfused and distorting people that just peacefully exercise their freedom of choice in religion (or whatever), with socio-pathic psychos.

There IS a difference..and actually the ones that would like nothing better than to simplisTICally lump and labelduhm those they disagree with, into some damn ignorant, narrow box and call it all the same, are the ones REALLY in need of some serious help, because THEY'RE the ones that have it allll "flocked up" in IGNORANCE, hatred and BIGOTRY.

Nutcase screwballs.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#129681 May 3, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
America is a Christian nation. It was founded based on Christian principals.
To say you know anything about Germany is joke, let alone the mentality of the German people.
The 3rd reich was a Christian army blah, blah, blah. The German people hated Jews blah, blah, blah.
You just got a hole blown in everything you atheist clowns have been posting. Consider my posts an education.
I made a suggestion earlier. I'll make it again. READ A BOOK!
Consider your posts an education in what? Failure to understand and accept reality?
America is a hodge-podge nation that was founded on ideals stemming from neoclassicism and the enlightenment. If it was founded on Christian religion there wouldn't have been a right to freedom of religion to discuss - we'd live under a theocracy.
Antisemitism in Europe is well documented. Put down your Bible, step away from your apologist and revisionist websites and read a history book.
I wouldn't claim that the Nazis were a "Christian Army" in the sense that they were zealous about Jesus, but the overwhelming majority of soldiers in the Third Reich were indisputably Christians and Hitler referred to God's favor and the state alignment with the church in several speeches. His rhetoric is IN NO WAY different from those who claim the U.S. was founded on Christianity.
BTW, a popular German military meme was "Gott mit uns." Look it up.(I'll bet curious could even send you a pic of his belt buckle.)
SistaNoneYaDude

Elyria, OH

#129682 May 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking her/he/it why she can't successfully debate is a bit like asking a dolphin why it won't simply jump over a net. He/she/it has no concept of being able to and even if it could answer, it sQUeekTICs an unintelligible language..
I don't think there's ever been a normally functioning human who hasn't expressed, "Do as I say, not as I do." I've admitted that I'm a hypocrite on at least two occasions and I'm sure it titillates curious to no end.. but then, honesty isn't a shameful handicap to me the way it is for partisans and religies.
No tips for you..other than GOOO Boston strong!!!!!!!!!!
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#129683 May 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you think it is somehow so honorable to admit imperfection that it offsets lying about being a hypocrite? That's a strange vision of humility you've got there.
That's not what I said, that's what you said.

I just simply stated, I KNOW I'm not perfect.

But I will humor you a tad and add...in my opinion, humility is often times a tool --used by pitch forked, torch bearing, manipulative, terrorist type LOSERS.

Cambridge, UK

#129684 May 3, 2014
SistaNoneYaDude wrote:
<quoted text>
See, there's where ignorant morons, consumed by their OWN hypocritical hatred, bigotry and juvenile intolerance of others RIGHTS to personal choice and freedoms, are CONfused and distorting people that just peacefully exercise their freedom of choice in religion (or whatever), with socio-pathic psychos.
There IS a difference..and actually the ones that would like nothing better than to simplisTICally lump and labelduhm those they disagree with, into some damn ignorant, narrow box and call it all the same, are the ones REALLY in need of some serious help, because THEY'RE the ones that have it allll "flocked up" in IGNORANCE, hatred and BIGOTRY.
Nutcase screwballs.
Then there are those whose posts make no sense whatsoever.
Anti-gov

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands

#129685 May 3, 2014
The only true way to secure that we won't reexperiance holocaust and extermination of jews.

Is to get rid of religions and get rid of governments.

Only reason why horrible things such as he holocaust happened is because there were mio's of people "just following the law" and "taking orders".

You know why Iraq was atacked in spite of being innocen and having no weapons of mass destruction?

the reason is because there are some cowards in the american people paying taxes - because "the law" requires people to do so.

And americans killing people because they got orders to do so .

It's a problem we have when we havev governments.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#129686 May 3, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I said, that's what you said.
I just simply stated, I KNOW I'm not perfect.
But I will humor you a tad and add...in my opinion, humility is often times a tool --used by pitch forked, torch bearing, manipulative, terrorist type LOSERS.
You said that you are imperfect (quite obvious) and you still don't admit that you are a hypocrite (also quite obvious).
What did I get wrong? You chastise others for labeling people and in the same breath you label them - and whole other groups of people that aren't even in the topic. You accuse others of being stupid, yet you say stupid things all of the time. What part of that don't you recognize?
Your sense of "humor" is truly bizarre - as are your opinions.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#129687 May 3, 2014
SistaNoneYaDude wrote:
<quoted text>
No tips for you..other than GOOO Boston strong!!!!!!!!!!
As usual, you can't hold a single train of thought for longer than two posts. Would you care to share what (pray tell) meandering cognitive association made you decide support for the people of Boston has anything to do with anything we've been talking about?

Please don't, I can guess. Your favorite word "terrorist" popped unbidden into your head and now like a typical tea partier you think it trumps all future conversation if you wave the flag.
Anti-gov

Tórshavn, Faroe Islands

#129688 May 3, 2014
It's a huge problem that people just mindlessly follow order. Both here, in Europe, American and all over the world.

This evil cycle ends when all people around the world will dodge the draft.

They will tell the "law enforcers" this:

"I won't participate in wars, if you want to force me to go to war for you - i will resist you if neccesary with violence"

Wars would end instantaniously.
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#129689 May 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You said that you are imperfect (quite obvious) and you still don't admit that you are a hypocrite (also quite obvious).
What did I get wrong? You chastise others for labeling people and in the same breath you label them - and whole other groups of people that aren't even in the topic. You accuse others of being stupid, yet you say stupid things all of the time. What part of that don't you recognize?
Your sense of "humor" is truly bizarre - as are your opinions.
Now you're just rambling nonsense...or maybe it's just a little self awareness projection onto others, that perhaps do NOT "qualify: for those same applicable instances?

Too bad on you. Wah.

Ramble on with your opinion, just don't expect jack boot, empty-headed, lemming agreement upon it from everyone, because some of us CAN and DO (far better) THINKING for OURSELVES just fine thank you.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#129690 May 3, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Error number 2-
I was fed and raised from Science books.
lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Unremarkable History of Edturd 4 min Grift 2,596
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 25 min Jennifer Renee 41,895
Vets in Richmond 55 min RichmondBound 1
Jamie wynn 2 hr Lmao 2
Bart guy who use to work at the jail 2 hr Lmao 3
Can I get some Information On Hager rentals???? (Jan '12) 2 hr Mike 29
manhattan club (Apr '15) 2 hr Dr smalls 28

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance