Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148462 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#120183 Dec 31, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Throughout history Christians have been persecuted all over the world.
Through most of the last 2000 years, Christians have been in positions of dominance. They have done the persecuting. See: colonialism, imperialism.
SevenT wrote:
In 2013 you go into a muslim country like Syria or Saudi Arabia and preach the gospel you will be thrown into prison.
The same is true if you preach Hinduism or express that you're an atheist.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#120184 Dec 31, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
The historical evidence is irrefutable. To even suggest such you lose complete credibility. Not believing the divinity I can understand
Credible historical evidence doesn't give a fart in the wind about divinity Believing in divinity, I'm sure you can misunderstand.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#120185 Dec 31, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Through most of the last 2000 years, Christians have been in positions of dominance. They have done the persecuting. See: colonialism, imperialism.
<quoted text>
The same is true if you preach Hinduism or express that you're an atheist.
The Xtians would claim that the Romans. vikings, mongol hordes, Nazis, communists and Catholics persecuted the true Christians because of their faith. Rational people understand that it wasn't about God or Jesus - just about the same old ordinary power and control that the Christians have amassed and constantly try to expand.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#120187 Dec 31, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that right?
Yes, it is right.
SevenT wrote:
Then why don't you get on here and say a bunch of lies and hateful comments about Hindus or atheists?
I'm not saying lies or saying hateful comments about anyone. I'm criticizing a religion.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#120188 Dec 31, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
Ecclesiastes 3 (no it is not a song by some 60s Flower Children)
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
So again like all the rest you cannot answer direct questions...
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#120189 Dec 31, 2013
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution doesn't know how life started and neither do you.
Evolution does however, provide a scientific explanation for why we have genes that produce egg yolk in us. Which you can't do.
You sidestepped my comments
Evolution has no idea how life started and I never claimed to know . I have made that point vey clear on many occassions .
I have addressed the issue of what I believe and why I believe as I do

Evolution may be able to tell you how something works , what they cannot tell you is how how or who created it to work the way it does.
Boils down to 1 of 2 choices ,Either it was intelligently designed and created by someone or nothing is responsible for it's creation..
Atheists claim that it was not ID "God", but are not able to explain how the only other possible alternative , nothing ,could be responsible for creation.
Again, one cell contains more information than can be found in a complete set of Encyclopedia Britanicas , Fred Hoyle , an Atheist , estimated the probability of inanimate matter spontaneously coming to life as 1 followed by 40,000 zeros.
To claim , as Atheists do , that they do not know who or what created life ,while also claiming it was not ID is ludicrous.
It is illogical to claim to not know , while at the same time claiming it was not Intelligently designed.
That, by any other name , is a smokescreen.
And that is the issue you all keep running from
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#120190 Dec 31, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Whose influence is pushing the nations to the world situation that will result in war against God?
Rev. 16:13, 14:“I saw three unclean inspired expressions that looked like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon [Satan the Devil; Rev. 12:9] and out of the mouth of the wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. They are, in fact, expressions inspired by demons and perform signs, and they go forth to the kings of the entire inhabited earth, to gather them together to the war of the great day of God the Almighty.”
Jehovah's Witnesses love stirring up contention. Religion is the influence for wars.
kris krinkle

Lexington, KY

#120191 Dec 31, 2013
I think it would do very well to teach these younguns some manners. Parts left out such as stoning the wife and kids to death for not listening. If they follow that part it could get bad. Thank you.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#120192 Dec 31, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikey , I have been erring and doing that which I shoild not have done going back as far as I can remember.
I could never say that I've never done anything for which I need not be ashamed.
Matter of fact , I can't even claim that the Good I have done outweighs the bad ,if I did ,i'd be lying.
There is no way that I can compensate for the wrongs I have done , That is why I am overjoyed that Christ was willing to pay the price for what I have done. He gave his life in order to save , not onli mine , but that of many others.
I know that among Atheists his sacrifice is considered to be immoral , After all , one can show no greater love , than to lay his life down for his fellow man. Even those who hate him.
Why compensate for your bad deed when your Jesus did it all for you? This is the problem. A moral person tries to compensate. And immoral one relies on others to do so.
We have all done wrong, but I have yet to see you admit one single fault here.
I have called you out on many lies, yet zero admittance of any wrongdoing from you.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120193 Dec 31, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with evolution is not so much the theory but the religious aspect of evolution.
What religious aspect?
But I think it is ironic you see a problem when religion is introduced.
kris krinkle

Lexington, KY

#120194 Dec 31, 2013
I dont even think you should homeschool that part. It is one of those cases where mans law trumps Gods law. Also the she bear killing 42 kids for calling a man bald. God was a lot meaner before Jesus. He has learned alot too.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120195 Dec 31, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am claiming that in order for life and the Universe to be created , you need Intelligent Design
" GOD"
You don't believe that , you believe there is anothe explanation.
What is that explanation?
In a debate , Hitchens was challenged to give his views as to how the Universe could be created ,by other than intelligebnt design.
He attempted to duck the question by stating he was not qualified to answer it
Then ,his book was used as evidence where he stated that God was not needed in the creation of the Universe , which he denied having said , up until the quote from his book was brought out.
He was cornered ,hemmed and hawed and claimed he had been misunderstood.
Now ,I ask you , If you don't believe God was needed in said creation ,then , what caused said creation.
Hitchens is no scientist, neither am I, nor are you. And their are some hypothesis out their that are logical.
You art making a specific claim of how it was created, yet you have zero evidence to back up said claim. So insisting I believe it is silly. I do not even believe in a god, much less think one can create a universe.
Your idea is no more logical than claiming a unicorn created the universe. It explains nothing. It does open up a whole lot more questions though.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#120196 Dec 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>If you knew anything about the Bible... you lost yours the day you put it down!
Is that all you got?

<quoted text>Says the guy who does not see the Pope as a Christian. You lost all credibility to judge what a Christian is, long ago.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#120197 Dec 31, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already covered this, you just refuse to listen to reason.
This claim is nothing more than an excuse that design theorists use to try to explain away their own failure to make their case. When someone proposes a new scientific theory, it is that person's responsibility to make a case for it. Scientific theories have, in the past, achieved wide acceptance despite strong cultural and scientific resistance.(Evolution itself is an example.) If there is substance to ID theory, its proponents must make it clear.
If there were anything to ID theory, there should be more than enough biologists to help the design theorists make their case.
You refuse to recognize the flaws in your theory. Your religious motivation is obvious. Just as important,you do not follow the usual scientific procedure of testing your ideas.
A scientific theory is tested by subjecting it to a very real chance of falsification. Scientists make specific predictions based on the theory, look to see if the predictions pan out, and consider the theory false if the results cannot fit what was expected. Intelligent design theorists, unlike evolutionary scientists, do not put their ideas to such risks. Apparently, they do not want their ideas at risk.
Design theory is older than Darwin's theory of evolution. Design theory has nothing but its own lack of worth to blame for its failure.
Let me boil it down for you in real simple terms.
I believe God is responsible for creation . I believe God is a supernatural being.
What is created by supernatural powers can not be tested by natural means.
Attempts to do so by Science have proven to be fruitless . All their experiments and theories have ended in failure.
There are 2 alternatives as to how creation came into being .
It was either created by ID or it was created by inanimate matter.
Inanimate matter nor the laws of nature posses the ability to create.
So,from those facts we must draw the conclusion that either a supernatural event occured ,the cause os such event being caused being a supernatural being or that an unguided,mindless process ,nonliving ,nonintelligent and nonconscious is the responsible agent for creation.
As I have mentioned before ,1cell contains more information than is contained in 1000 sets of the Encyclopedia Britanica . How did this voluminous amount of information become part of this 1 cell., if not by intelligent design?
Fred Hoyle , an Atheist ,calculated the odds of inanimate matter spontaneously attaining unto life a1 followed by 40000 zeros.
So ,if not by ID , then by what? That is the question that Atheists are not able to address in a plausible manner and need to resort to claiming ignorance or throwing up smokescreens.
For Atheists to claim that I can not prove my beliefs is a smokescreen . I can only provide evidence for that which I claim to know.
I can only provide the reasons for my belief ,which I have . Atheists have not provided any reasons for their beliefs , only excuses.

If you don't believe God is the one responsible for creation,then you must believe it was something else .To date , no one has chosen to address that issue.
To merely claim that you know God is not the one responsible is a smokescreen to hide your inability to express a viable alternative.
Stop playing games ,posting excuses and present your version.
If you are unable and unwilling to do so , say so now and forever hold your peace
BTW Stop referring to my beliefs as a theory .By doing so ,you are intentionally misleading
Beliefs and theories are 2 different things
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#120198 Dec 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Hitchens is no scientist, neither am I, nor are you. And their are some hypothesis out their that are logical.
You art making a specific claim of how it was created, yet you have zero evidence to back up said claim. So insisting I believe it is silly. I do not even believe in a god, much less think one can create a universe.
Your idea is no more logical than claiming a unicorn created the universe. It explains nothing. It does open up a whole lot more questions though.
There you go again ,more smokescreens .I made a claim based on my beliefs . I gave the reasons for my beliefs and I never claimed they were facts , nor do I need to provide any ,as you well know.
I have never insisted that you believe as I do , that is another smokescreen.
Since you don't believe it was God , then you must believe it was something else.
What that" something else " may be , is precisely what you will not divulge
What are these logical hypothesis of which you make mention , but refuse to identify?

As you said , Hitchens is not a scientist.
But it was Hitchens ,who claimed in his book on page 70 , that God was not needed in order for the Universe to be created.
When challenged on that point, if God was not needed, how did the universe come into being , by nothing from nothing, he denied having made such a statement. A copy of his book was brought out and on page 70 it was proven that he so stated..
Now that he was cornered , he could only state that it was not God ,but that he was not qualified to state what caused the Big Bang.
Well , if one is not qualified , then on what basis can one claim to be qualified to state it was not God , for which he had no answer. Much like the Atheists on this website.
In my view ,Hitchens was a God hating Atheist , who like others on this website , accuse the God they do not believe in of being a dictator ,immoral , capricious etal.
That says a lot about his mental condition and that of those who believe as he does.
SevenT

Dayton, OH

#120199 Dec 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So again like all the rest you cannot answer direct questions...
i gave you an answer not my fault you do not understand the answer

I feel sorry for you you seem to be quite sad and lonely to post on here over and over

Why don't you develop some friendships and quit insulting people on topic

Maybe get a job and develop a hobbies
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#120200 Dec 31, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why compensate for your bad deed when your Jesus did it all for you? This is the problem. A moral person tries to compensate. And immoral one relies on others to do so.
We have all done wrong, but I have yet to see you admit one single fault here.
I have called you out on many lies, yet zero admittance of any wrongdoing from you.
he self proclaimed righteous do not feel a need to compensate ,as has been stated by one of your fellow Athests" I have never done anything for which I need feel ashamed..
That a " moral person" based on his or her perception of what is moral , tries to compensate for their misdeeds is nonsencical.
The fact that we have all done wrong and are guilty of sin pokes a hole into that " I am a moral person ' scenario
When one does something wrong ,one hides his actions , if caught in the act ,attempts to deny it and will generally only admit his wrong doing when the evidence is overwhelming.
Some will not even admit wrong doing even under those circumstances . That is our fallen human nature at work.
Some may try to compensate for some of their wrongdoings . That is true.
But ,that is a failed system and very imperfect system . That is why Christ had to come, in order to plug the holes in that imperfect system.
Your claim that you have called me out on many lies is absurd.
I have posted some remarks of events that I fabricated in order to poke fun at someone.
Any fool intheir right mind would realize that those events were not real.
As I remember , I accused SS of trying to drown a fish in an empty bucket of water and that as a result ,his fishing license had been revoked.
I claimed to have been the policeman that arrested Witchetty for speeding and runnind red lights while flying around in her broom.
I also made other nonsencical allegations ,which I can not quite remember their content , about Chroe and Lodi.
If you took those to be serious comments , then you have more serious mental problems that I give you credit for.
However , that is not the pertinent issue being discussed.
Moreover , I am far from perfect ,never have claimed to be perfect and have done many things for which I feel ashamed , much more worse than telling simple lies.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#120201 Dec 31, 2013
SevenT wrote:
<quoted text>i gave you an answer not my fault you do not understand the answer
I feel sorry for you you seem to be quite sad and lonely to post on here over and over
Why don't you develop some friendships and quit insulting people on topic
Maybe get a job and develop a hobbies
Hey SevenT , Q seems to be affliction that he accuses others of having .
His favorite motto is ,as I remember" I can give you the answer ,but I can't understand it for you"

I do believe you just hoisted him on his own petard.
He has a hobby , corraling copperheads in the mountains of Kentucky , while supposedly living in Detroit....Both at the same time....I digress.
careful he doesn't accuse you of having brain farts , Another of his nonsencical sayings when he is cornered....

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#120202 Dec 31, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe God is the one responsible for creation,then you must believe it was something else .To date , no one has chosen to address that issue.
To merely claim that you know God is not the one responsible is a smokescreen to hide your inability to express a viable alternative.
Stop playing games ,posting excuses and present your version.
If you are unable and unwilling to do so , say so now and forever hold your peace
BTW Stop referring to my beliefs as a theory .By doing so ,you are intentionally misleading
Beliefs and theories are 2 different things
If you believe God is the responsible party for creation, then you have evidence or proof of this claim? To date, you've not provided any.

To merely claim that you know God is the one responsible is a smokescreen to hide your inability to express a viable alternative.
Stop playing games, posting excuses and present your proof.
If you are unable and unwilling to do so, say so now and forever hold your peace.
BTW Stop saying we have not provided any evidence of our theories, this thread is full explanations that offer other theories than "god did it" By saying this, you are intentionally misleading!

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#120203 Dec 31, 2013
Hey Numb Nuts.....ID is a theory. You base Your god as the Intelligent Designer, so therefore it is a Theory!

GET A CLUE,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lying Josh 27 min Strobe 17
I'm Done 29 min NotEdStRanger 18
Looking For MY Potential Classic Catwoman 54 min NotEdStRanger 24
NEW GAME*****Last Word + 2**** (Aug '15) 1 hr Lemmy is God II 265
this or that (Aug '15) 1 hr Lemmy is God II 167
Double Letter Game (Mar '12) 1 hr Lemmy is God II 985
The Famous Name Game (Nov '12) 2 hr Lemmy is God II 2,039
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages