Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
110,801 - 110,820 of 130,328 Comments Last updated 29 min ago

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , since none of you Atheists have had the courage to deal with the question I have been addressing , then I will have to content myself with playing games with your minds
I will start by forbidding curious to answser any questions , but he is still under instructions to slap the spit outta your mouth
What question ? You mean how that non intelligent nothing created an intelligent something out of non intelligent nothing which ultimately was able to create the Universe and life.
We will answer that when you answer how your God was created....now mind you, saying he always was....Alpha and Omega is not an answer so don't even try. Answer how your God was intelligent enough to create us, yet provide no answers to his existence and creation. He elaborates on every thing in the Universe, Except how he came to be! Why is that? He explains in detail how his son came to be, but noting on his life and how it began. Why is that?

You base your whole belief system in a Deity that has no explanation of his bio, then point fingers and question everyone who does not share your lunacy.

If we were created by Intelligent Design....then this God should have seen and expected 'his' creation to develop and grow in intelligence and begin to 'question' all the gaps that are obvious even today.
It is no secret Higher education is positively correlated with atheism, agnosticism, and secularity
(Baker 2008; Sherkat 2008, 2003; Johnson 1997; Argyle and Beit-Hallahmi 1975). For
example, 42 percent of Americans claiming to have ‘‘no religion’’, 32 percent of American
atheists, and 42 percent of American agnostics have graduated from college – all
higher than the percentage of college graduates in the general American adult population,
which is 27 percent (Kosmin 2008; Keysar 2007). Attending college as well as graduate
school – and having an ‘‘intellectual orientation’’– are also significant predictors of who
will reject or abandon their religion at some point in their life
face it

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Truth and trust... Have you ever realized there's only one letter difference? Maybe it's because, one leads to the other...

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
I am going to this "Bible study and I hope you will too"
The Bible –The Refuge Clinic on 2nd street is welcoming all to come after hours to watch The Bible on the Big Screen together and have discussion.
Theres Food and Drinks free for everyone that will come.
Its on Monday nights at 6 p.m.
The Refuge Clinic, Parking lot for the clinic is on Second Street
If your going towards town on Winchester Road take a right on 2nd street and go a short distance then take a left into Clinic parking lot.
The Bible –The Refuge Clinic welcomes everyone in its showing Bible Episodes from CD and everyone is welcome to engage in discussion.
If you want to know Jesus and refrain from your negativity, you should come and share your good thoughts in love.
Amber

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

AllofOneBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone gets that chance in life to talk to someone that knows what they're talking about, but many times we blow them off, and you never know WHO, when, or where, they might be or when you might meet them, but that moment is the moment that many often miss and may never get another chance at again, because we have no promise of tomorrow. So, take every moment in this life seriously, you could learn something, you never knew, you never knew.
John 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but THE TIME COMETH, when I shall NO MORE speak unto you IN PROVERBS, but I SHALL SHOW YOU PLAINLY OF THE FATHER.
Isaiah 28:9,Whom shall HE TEACH knowledge? and whom shall he make TO UNDERSTAND doctrine? them that are WEANED FROM THE MILK, and DRAWN FROM THE BREASTS.
10 For (((precept must be upon precept))); (((line upon line))); HERE A LITTLE, AND THERE A LITTLE:
Without true mercy and love that the Father and Jesus gives I would have felt lost. I praise the Holy Spirit for mercy and Love he gives too to those Christ loves.
face it

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Who you are at 20 will not be who you are at 40,50 and if it is, something is wrong.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Chroe ,you missed it ,it's in there,look for it LOL
Serving: alligator (breaded, deep fried and seasoned), sautéed alligator in garlic olive oil, cajun seasoned alligator sausage on-a-stick, alligator ribs,our specialty ,alligator porkchops, onion flavored hush puppies, french fries, frozen grapes, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, sugar free lemonade
I didn't miss it, I caught it. You are shamelessly incorrigible, which has been obvious all along.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , I post Dukette and you reply in his stead.
What are you? His puppet or one of his other monikers.
Let me leave you with these 2 four letter wods Baka Saru
Now go find out their meaning////
I checked out your words and it turns out it's a much loved christian phrase meaning "God's Foreskin".

Man, you people are too weird.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So do jackasses.. How many can I put you down for?
Talk to your god and tell him that insects have six legs.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly you do not understand, as your statement shows you do not understand.
Let me show by example.
Imagine we live in the days when Thor was believed to be a god. Now if someone did not believe in Thor but could not say how thunder came to be, does this mean he does not know what to believe in?
No, of course not. It simply means they did not know, as no one knew back then.
Same difference here, you insert a god into the gap of knowledge no one has.
You have presented that example in more varieties than heinz 57.
What you have proven by your example is that you and those who think as you do are devoid of common sense.
Those who are devoid of common ,do and believe foolish things.
That is why they are called fools.
When and if you are able to show how it is possible for matter, which is not alive ,intelligent or conscious of it's own existence,
of which it is not aware of or knows anything about ,
is able to spomtaneously attain those properties by accidental means of a natural process.
Your Atheist faith will not permit you to use your common sense
and you can only claim that you have no idea as to how this may have occured.
The fact is that something had to always exist , as nothing can not create something from nothing.
Therefore whatever that something is that always existed ,was either intelligent ,alive and conscious or not.
I claim that it is God that always existed and it is God who created the Universe and life.
Your nonsencical examples are made null and void by your lack of common semse and your inability to see how ludicrous your views are.
The foundation of Atheism is based on "I don't know"
The foundation of my faith is based on many reassons , one being
"I believe" and with good reason.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

AllofOneBlood wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone gets that chance in life to talk to someone that knows what they're talking about, but many times we blow them off, and you never know WHO, when, or where, they might be or when you might meet them, but that moment is the moment that many often miss and may never get another chance at again, because we have no promise of tomorrow. So, take every moment in this life seriously, you could learn something, you never knew, you never knew.
John 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but THE TIME COMETH, when I shall NO MORE speak unto you IN PROVERBS, but I SHALL SHOW YOU PLAINLY OF THE FATHER.
Isaiah 28:9,Whom shall HE TEACH knowledge? and whom shall he make TO UNDERSTAND doctrine? them that are WEANED FROM THE MILK, and DRAWN FROM THE BREASTS.
10 For (((precept must be upon precept))); (((line upon line))); HERE A LITTLE, AND THERE A LITTLE:
Thanks for sharing your mythology.

Now, have you got something to say ?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , since none of you Atheists have had the courage to deal with the question I have been addressing , then I will have to content myself with playing games with your minds
I will start by forbidding curious to answser any questions , but he is still under instructions to slap the spit outta your mouth
What question is that?

You know that Jesus wasn't circumcised.

When he was on the cross he cried out "My god,why hast thou foreskinned me?"
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked out your words and it turns out it's a much loved christian phrase meaning "God's Foreskin".
Man, you people are too weird.
You musta got your meaning from the Atheist dictionary , which is filled with foolishness.
Therefore the words describing you,Baka saru" are still very appropriate. Lol
Mono estupido....No mas Pantalones LOL

To quote an old English phrase; It's elementary ,my dear Watson

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
The religies call that love.
Absolutely.

Anything involving mass murder and slaughter of men, women and children meets their standard of what constitutes transcendent love.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> What question ? You mean how that non intelligent nothing created an intelligent something out of non intelligent nothing which ultimately was able to create the Universe and life.
We will answer that when you answer how your God was created....now mind you, saying he always was....Alpha and Omega is not an answer so don't even try. Answer how your God was intelligent enough to create us, yet provide no answers to his existence and creation. He elaborates on every thing in the Universe, Except how he came to be! Why is that? He explains in detail how his son came to be, but noting on his life and how it began. Why is that?
You base your whole belief system in a Deity that has no explanation of his bio, then point fingers and question everyone who does not share your lunacy.
If we were created by Intelligent Design....then this God should have seen and expected 'his' creation to develop and grow in intelligence and begin to 'question' all the gaps that are obvious even today.
It is no secret Higher education is positively correlated with atheism, agnosticism, and secularity
(Baker 2008; Sherkat 2008, 2003; Johnson 1997; Argyle and Beit-Hallahmi 1975). For
example, 42 percent of Americans claiming to have ‘‘no religion’’, 32 percent of American
atheists, and 42 percent of American agnostics have graduated from college – all
higher than the percentage of college graduates in the general American adult population,
which is 27 percent (Kosmin 2008; Keysar 2007). Attending college as well as graduate
school – and having an ‘‘intellectual orientation’’– are also significant predictors of who

It is becoming quite obvious that you, much like nonconscious,non living and nonintelligent matter are still in a mentally comatose state.
Science claims that something always existed, as it is impossible for nothing to create something out of nothing.
Again , that which has always existed is either intelligent or nonintelligent ,conscious or nonconscious ,living or nonliving.
That which is nonliving,nonintelligent and nonconscious is not aware of it's surroungings , has no knowledge and is incapable of thought.
Those conditions are what make it impossible for matter to somehow, spontaneously ,create that which it is not able to know about,describe and of which it has no knowledge.
It is easier to believe that someone in a comatose state , who knows absolutrly nothing about Engineering or aerodynamics was able to somehow create the world's most sophisticated airplane.
That is afoolish thought emanating from a foolish mind , but still more credible than the one accepted by Atheists about the creation of life and the Universe.
You guys are enmeshed in a sea of foolishness from which you hope to escape by foolish reasoning.
Additional Quicksand will not free you from quicksand , that can only be done by reaching terra firma.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't miss it, I caught it. You are shamelessly incorrigible, which has been obvious all along.
No, what has been obvious all along ,is that sometimes I tend to play games with your minds without you ralizing it.
next thing you will be telling me is that there are no such things as crocodile porkchops.
You can buy those at the Mt. Dora flea market , that according to Witchetty

BTW Witchetty , your invitation to lunch is still under consideration.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What question is that?
You know that Jesus wasn't circumcised.
When he was on the cross he cried out "My god,why hast thou foreskinned me?"
Ha, good one. Did you hear about Mary having sex for money? She was trying to make a little prophet.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> What question ? You mean how that non intelligent nothing created an intelligent something out of non intelligent nothing which ultimately was able to create the Universe and life.
I don't know if you have noticed that Atheists, in their search for knowledge have attained unto foolishness.
They are so intelligent that they have concluded that"That which created them has no intelligence, consciousness or life.
Moreover ,by their foolishness, they have opened the door to a world where they are more likely than anyone else to become suicidial ,abuse drugs and alcohol,develop mental problems and an inability to provide for the less fortunate among them.
In their time of need,they will and have turned to those whom they mock for assistance,whaether it be catholic Charities,AA or some other Christian Charity.
Oddly enough, they also borrow from Christian traditions and beliefs in order to establish their own church.
Among those traditions and beliefs are Sunday worship and baptism.
Seems that despite their outward claim of unbelief they have an overwhelmingly strong inward desire to attain unto Christianity.
They can deny it,but actions speak louder than words
Not to mention the fact that 20% of Atheists attend religious services on a regular basis in order to fulfill the moral and social needs which Atheism is unable to provide them.
And let us remember that those most vocal in denouncing God ended up in mental institutions , Nietzche , Freud amomg others.
Not to mention the decadent lifestyle of Madelyn Murray O'hair,
a lifestyle so decadent that the most ardent Atheist fails to mention her name.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No, what has been obvious all along ,is that sometimes I tend to play games with your minds without you ralizing it.
next thing you will be telling me is that there are no such things as crocodile porkchops.
You can buy those at the Mt. Dora flea market , that according to Witchetty
BTW Witchetty , your invitation to lunch is still under consideration.
A lie is a lie. You can call it anything else you want - telling the Truth, playing games or defending your faith. I doubt your "Savior" would see it that way.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
I am going to this "Bible study and I hope you will too"
The Bible –The Refuge Clinic on 2nd street is welcoming all to come after hours to watch The Bible on the Big Screen together and have discussion.
Theres Food and Drinks free for everyone that will come.
Its on Monday nights at 6 p.m.
The Refuge Clinic, Parking lot for the clinic is on Second Street
If your going towards town on Winchester Road take a right on 2nd street and go a short distance then take a left into Clinic parking lot.
The Bible –The Refuge Clinic welcomes everyone in its showing Bible Episodes from CD and everyone is welcome to engage in discussion.
Please consider Love

You fail to love Christ or me because I am of God through Love and Jesus said the world hated him as they show they hate you.

Through the Heart and Gods Spirit within me and being chosen by Christ, I expressed myself as I am but I am not accepted but attacked and hated for my love of Jesus and love I wrote about and invited those who would come to share.
Known Fact

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2013

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Please consider Love
You fail to love Christ or me because I am of God through Love and Jesus said the world hated him as they show they hate you.
Through the Heart and Gods Spirit within me and being chosen by Christ, I expressed myself as I am but I am not accepted but attacked and hated for my love of Jesus and love I wrote about and invited those who would come to share.
Lots of cheese sliding off crackers around here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min DITCH MITCH 150,355
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 18 min LMS 1,038
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 28 min Miss E Font 81,589
Need daycare (Feb '11) 36 min Hmm 28
will blacks ever let it go 53 min Counselor 7
Rustic Wedding Venue? (Oct '13) 1 hr Counselor 9
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 16,867

Search the Richmond Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••