Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,429)

Showing posts 108,561 - 108,580 of122,750
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
idk

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
THAT is where ETHICS come into play.
Science is not, nor should it ever be, excluded from having certain standards applicable in what they do.
And that is the case with stem cell-it is LIMITED, as it should be.
Or else we'd have psychoTic, lunaTic Hitlers, creating mutantant whatevers everywhere, because theoretically by applying logic in it's simplest and most basic form-
Science CANNOT recreate anything exactly as "is" just because of the simple LOGICAL fact-anything already existing, already IS, thus the logical Difference(!) being, anything created thereafter is already one second in existence MORE than anything that could EVER be created from it.
And that does Not take a rocket scientist to figure out.
ethics??? but teaching kids about burning in hell forever with no evidence is ethical to u??? btw, hitler was one of the followers of christ so he is on the religious side here.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you lying to promote your beliefs? The bible says you "walk by faith and hope". No evidence required for a system of belief in a God, your bible plainly teaches that. Making a statement like that shows you have no interest in evidence.
Christian churches believe a lie and Jehovah's Witnesses teach that. Christian churches also believe you're teaching a lie. Bottom line is that even the bible says religion is a pack of lies. We have proof it's a pack of lies called evidence.
Anyway its keeps the forum going so you and your apostate friends can pat each other on the back as if neither one of you is preaching a lie about each others teachings.
Jehovah's Witnesses publish a book titled:
Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?
Millions of people today believe in evolution. Other millions believe in creation. Still others are uncertain what to believe. This book is for all such people. It presents a thoroughly researched examination of how life got here—and what this means for the future.
Mr. "Spaceship" you would do well to obtain a free copy of this book, read it with an open mind, consider the information presented there and then make up your mind as to what really is a lie!
You can try going on line to www.jw.org/publications and see if the book is available on line-if not you can obtain a copy from any one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Thanks for your consideration.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Judged:

Jehovah's Witnesses publish a book titled:
Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation?
Millions of people today believe in evolution. Other millions believe in creation. Still others are uncertain what to believe. This book is for all such people. It presents a thoroughly researched examination of how life got here—and what this means for the future.
Mr. "Spaceship" you would do well to obtain a free copy of this book, read it with an open mind, consider the information presented there and then make up your mind as to what really is a lie!
You can try going on line to www.jw.org/publications and see if the book is available on line-if not you can obtain a copy from any one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
Thanks for your consideration.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes me want to sprinkle Holy water around your computer YaA.:-)
LOL :-)
You do know how to make Holy water don't ya?
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo, And no one has said the theory of evolution had anything to do with the origin of life.... Two completely different issues... We haven't even decided yet what constitutes life anyway...
And then you started sayin dumb crap so I left that out...
No proof that a lizard turned into a Bird either!
Man named it a "Raptor" to make you Think it's the same!
Adam called them Birds, and Lizards!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you don't think the Pope or Obama is a Christian? Well then at least we know what your perspective is on Christianity. If it is not your brand of Christianity, it is not Christianity. Thus when you say Obama is not a Christian, then it is meaningless to us.
Your conversion from Mormonism, and Catholicism to Atheist says it ALL!
You didn't have a "Good" foundation to begin with!
No one that Truly knows what Christ did for us
could backslide as much as you!
One day... you're really gonna be pizzed at those
that built your foundation in the sand!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

The Bible is True history, AND Prophecy of Man, God, and future events!
Every scoffer proves it!
Read, and understand...
The end is near, but God is nearer...
Get to know Him!
You'll be Glad you did!
Amen!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

idk wrote:
<quoted text>
ethics??? but teaching kids about burning in hell forever with no evidence is ethical to u??? btw, hitler was one of the followers of christ so he is on the religious side here.
Hitler was also nominated for the "Nobel" prize...gee just like our current poitus.

COMMUNISM STINKS.

Stick that on YOUR "hell fire" delusion soapbox-because us SANE, rational and logical people aren't buying THAT BULL!!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>LOL :-)
You do know how to make Holy water don't ya?
No....I just dilute w/bleach for cleansing purposes.

You have a different recipe? lol

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No proof that a lizard turned into a Bird either!
Man named it a "Raptor" to make you Think it's the same!
Adam called them Birds, and Lizards!
Dinosaurs were not Lizards but there is plenty of evidence that what we call a genetic line of Raptors evolved into what we call birds today... Compare a Emu to a Humming Bird ... Given time and environment an Elephant can become a pocket pet....
Mike Duquette

Clemmons, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental note to self: Next time do NOT think Duquette would have sense enough to be credited for having any common sense...as he is stuck in the whine-duhm kiddie sandbox mode unable to blabber anything but "you a hypocrite" while pretending to "think".."yeah- that's the answer-they're all hypocrites".
Gotcha.
I call hypocrite when you are contradicting something you said. Of course you do not have enough sense to compute this, and just think I am saying it for no reason.
Try not being such a dick.
Common sense is a misnomer.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mental note to self: Next time do NOT think Duquette would have sense enough to be credited for having any common sense...as he is stuck in the whine-duhm kiddie sandbox mode unable to blabber anything but "you a hypocrite" while pretending to "think".."yeah- that's the answer-they're all hypocrites".
Gotcha.
Hypocrite seems so appropriate when you contradict what you say. Can you think of a better word? Sorry I do not have sentence long name calling tangents like yourself that have no actual application to the subject.
Common sense is a misnomer.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Your conversion from Mormonism, and Catholicism to Atheist says it ALL!
In other words, you have no answers to hard questions. Run chicken run.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Your conversion from Mormonism, and Catholicism to Atheist says it ALL!
So it's my parents fault? Maybe if the one true church had an ounce of evidence I would know they are not all false.
Maybe if Christians that claim they are correct were not giant assholes like yourself, I would think their was something good about Christianity. But your sad example of a human only ensures me that Christianity is false. Maybe try not being a hypocrite for one second and show yourself as an example. So far you fail, curious fails, Sista fails. You are just jerks.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
The Bible is True history, AND Prophecy of Man, God, and future events!
Every scoffer proves it!
Read, and understand...
The end is near, but God is nearer...
Get to know Him!
You'll be Glad you did!
Amen!
Every believer here proves god is myth.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Hitler was also nominated for the "Nobel" prize...gee just like our current poitus.
COMMUNISM STINKS.
Stick that on YOUR "hell fire" delusion soapbox-because us SANE, rational and logical people aren't buying THAT BULL!!
Here we go, the typical tea party republican comparing Obama to hitler. Next you will be comparing him to Osama like fellow theist/republican YaA.
Fanatics.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying you don't believe he's been a reg'd Ind voter for over a decade plus?
News channels are news channels-reporting all the same stuff-at least to those with a half a brain cell that can recognize the difference between news and opinion.
Just some of them have more pleasant all duh worlds a stage atmospheres and stuff.
10 in 3 ...taking guesstimates for a box of donuts LOL.
Over a decade? You mean he changed his affiliation? Likely due to being called out for lying about it.
Bill's opinion is a republican opinion. He patted Bush on the back for every move he made. He pushed the agenda for war in Iraq. He pushed the agenda for the patriot act.
At least Msnbc people complain Obama does not repeal it. Msnbc is liberal, but they don't cover for Obama on every move as fix did for Bush.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason I call evolution a religion is because it takes a lot more FAITH to believe it with no evidence to support it than it does to believe in creation!
That is your uneducated opinion, and you have the right to that opinion. But the courts disagree. Evolution is evidence based. It is science.
Now you can send your kids to private schools that will deny them the teaching of what science has found if you wish. This sort of indoctrination works. It sure works in the Middle East.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooooooooooooooohhhh....kind of like...oh...say... just because something touts/claims some "labelduhm label" doesn't mean squat diddly??????? Which is kind of the point of being a reg'd Independent for SOME anyway...as that "empty rhetoric" of the partisan, empty suit, politicians's, doesn't mean squat diddly --Especially dark age, STUPID "straight ticket" type voting based on nothing but dark age, STUPID, "straight ticket" labelDUHM label voting.
Because that kind of ignorance is just DUH..M. Duhm, Duhm, Duhm.
I have to give him credit, he sticks more to addressing "issues", rather than just lame brainedly attacking individuals per say, which I find to be rather NON-partisan.
Just stick to the damn issues.
And I might even read his book too, it sounds like it has some potential for being an interesting, insightful read...and reading IS Allowed here-because this is AMERICA-NOT CommieTic dictatorship land.
Funny, I noted Bill constantly diverts and uses personal attacks to do so. I have not watched him much lately. Has he changed? I guess now that Bush is out of power, he might actually talk directly about issues, instead of attacking the messengers.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
So, at least he admits to being human-UNLIKE lying, hater people like YOU.
Kind of like saying-I don't like you, for good reason to me.
Don't like it-TOO BAD.
Now that you know that-
Stay the flock away from my posts and don't be stalking and harrassing.
In others words, let me talk and do not respond, just like Bill talking over his liberal guests.
Sorry but it does not work that way. Free speech. Why do you hate out freedoms?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 108,561 - 108,580 of122,750
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Word Association (Jul '10) 4 min _high-anxiety_ 17,290
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min republiCONS 138,663
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 6 min _high-anxiety_ 15,058
Pallys? 8 min jimmykriket 8
KFC today 20 min Wondering 1
Who knows Robbie Hacker? 32 min Icu 10
the Earth is 5000 years old 34 min hardly 18
•••
•••
•••
Richmond Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••