Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
107,301 - 107,320 of 129,041 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>

God only knows how long you have been debating his nonexistence.
Then ask god. But I doubt a god knows. I know how long I have been debating the nonexistence of god. Does that make me a god?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
and a fwee compass that shows them the DOOR, out into the hallways, to stand in the Corners of, while they apply all they shields of "OMG,OMG, they're trying to tewell us whut to fink!!!"
Take the outsiders test. Would you allow the pledge have Allah to replace god? How about "one nation, under Swaminarayan, indivisible....

Now please learn the benefits of secularism. Maybe our example could lead to the middle east becoming more secularist.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
and a fwee compass that shows them the DOOR, out into the hallways, to stand in the Corners of, while they apply all they shields of "OMG,OMG, they're trying to tewell us whut to fink!!!"
Why do you write with baby talk?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Back to this crap again? I debate religion due to the wrongs I see coming from it.
The idea or believe of a god will likely never die. God cannot die himself because he was never actually alive. Only the idea of a god is alive. It is an idea in mans imagination. Imagination is what sets man apart from other animals. Try not to bastardize that attribute.
Take the outsiders test. Are Hindu gods alive, or is it just some imagined god?
You claim that "God can not die himself because he was never actually alive". Yet , you provide no evidence whatsoever to support that statement.
Other than that being your opinion ,Why should anyone believe that statement?
The same applies to the rest of your posting.
Again , you resort to your opinion and provide no evidence or facts to support your statement.
That ,from one who claims to be a firm believer in the Scientific Method.
What tests have you or others conducted in order to arrive at these conclusions?
BTW I took God's test in order to determine whether I should believe and trust in him .
I diligently sought him and found him as he said I would.

That Atheists and Unbelievers have developed a test"outsiders test" as you call it , that will answer the question as to God's existence , is the most absurd , ridiculous and arrogant attitude I have ever heard.
Even Science dares not make that claim.
In the land where foolishness and insanity abounds ,the idea of your test reigns supreme.
Seems that this test may have had it's roots when the devil tempted Jesus in the wilderness...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Every prophet since Brigham that has addressed this has said that this was Brigham's opinion and not doctrine. Yes it appears he was quite the racist.
Then why did none of them change church policy? If they knew it was not doctrine, then what was their excuse for keeping the church policy to be of bigotry and racism?
SistaNoneYa

Lily, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> This proposal was unconstitutional and nothing but a rampant violation of the separation of church and state. That bill was nothing but a back-door approach to teaching religion in public schools.
As Jerry stated, his sons went to a Christian School. If Parents want their children taught religion, then send them to Christian Schools, what is so difficult about that?
I read it differently, verbatim....as in comparing and contrasting literary types and styles, and the influences of on the cultures of the civilized world.

But then some of you clueless atheist paranoid dolts, would probably try and ban ANY discussions on subjects Leonardo Davinci's Last Supper, or Michealangelo's frescos in the Sistene chapel.

Why they really might should consider entrance test for any actual elective types of similar courses. Keep the nothing but igno-whiners of destruction and distraction, OUT of them!!

"OMG, OMG, protest protest, "they're" trying to "brainwarsh dem kids wif religion" OMG OMG.

(idiot, skeered of books igno-dolts.)
SistaNoneYa

Lily, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you write with baby talk?
When in igno-Rome....speak @ the level of.
SistaNoneYa

Lily, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Take the outsiders test. Would you allow the pledge have Allah to replace god? How about "one nation, under Swaminarayan, indivisible....
Now please learn the benefits of secularism. Maybe our example could lead to the middle east becoming more secularist.
Doubt that.

Especially these days when it appears that SOME of our own leadership doesn't even know the difference between the "United States" and the "United Nations".

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim that "God can not die himself because he was never actually alive". Yet , you provide no evidence whatsoever to support that statement.
Again , you resort to your opinion and provide no evidence or facts to support your statement.
What tests have you or others conducted in order to arrive at these conclusions?
BTW I took God's test in order to determine whether I should believe and trust in him .
That Atheists and Unbelievers have developed a test"outsiders test" as you call it , that will answer the question as to God's existence , is the most absurd , ridiculous and arrogant attitude I have ever heard.
In the land where foolishness and insanity abounds ,the idea of your test reigns supreme.
Seems that this test may have had it's roots when the devil tempted Jesus in the wilderness...
I can admit that it is my opinion that no god exists. Now can you admit your claims are just opinion? I was simply trying to make a point to someone who has not been able to understand previous posts on the subject. I see you avoided the point all together once again and just divert. Diversion is needed for the delusion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt that.
Especially these days when it appears that SOME of our own leadership doesn't even know the difference between the "United States" and the "United Nations".
Not sure what part of my post you doubt, as you failed to say. Not that I ever expect you to give specific answers to any of our questions.

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Take the outsiders test. Would you allow the pledge have Allah to replace god? How about "one nation, under Swaminarayan, indivisible....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
When in igno-Rome....speak @ the level of.
Oh, so it is supposed to be condescending, like as in a pitchfork mentality? I see a hypocrite.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Doubt that.
I can agree the Syria case needs to be a UN case, not a United States case. Now can we get back to my questions?

Mike Duquette wrote:

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it differently, verbatim....as in comparing and contrasting literary types and styles, and the influences of on the cultures of the civilized world.
But then some of you clueless atheist paranoid dolts, would probably try and ban ANY discussions on subjects Leonardo Davinci's Last Supper, or Michealangelo's frescos in the Sistene chapel.
Why they really might should consider entrance test for any actual elective types of similar courses. Keep the nothing but igno-whiners of destruction and distraction, OUT of them!!
"OMG, OMG, protest protest, "they're" trying to "brainwarsh dem kids wif religion" OMG OMG.
I have found no details of the proposal. I have noted none spoken here on topix.
So it looks like the topic is so undefined, the posters have changed the debate.
Now if you have information of the case, please enlighten us with details. So far, you have not.
Most of us have stated a class would not be to off limits if it allowed for historical examinations and other sciences to be allowed to examine the claims of the book. If open discussion of opposing views were allowed.
stuck in a lodi

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it appears you read it Wrong! Had the intentions been to introduce it as a literary course, it would have soared through Senate and House and became a reality, but that didn't happen because this was an attempt to teach the bible in Public School. If you want your child to hear the Bible and the "literary" makeup of it. Take them out of Public Schools and enroll them in a Private Christian School, they can discuss the bible and all it's stories to their little heart's content. I don't have a problem with Christian Schools, Vocational Schools, Nursing Schools, because they all serve a specific purpose....and rightly so. Don't expect to get the medical knowledge you need to be a Physician or Nurse in a Christian School, get the picture Sista?? When one tries to introduce Religion into the Public School System, Expect Retaliation, not just from non believers, but those that uphold the Constitution of the United States of America!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your last sentence tells it all. You refuse to take the test because you think it is the devils work.
Religion figured out that if it tells you the opposing views are the work of the devil, avoid it. Textbook brainwashing technique.

The outsiders tests I take show your god is not likely to exist. Of course it cannot prove a god exists, but it shows your god is immoral and not likely to be true.
Science shows many of the claims of the bible are false.
The world was never flooded and killed all men and animals. It just did not happen. So I conclude your bible is not all true.
I could go on and on with such examples, as I have been for the past year or so on this very thread. Have you not been paying attention?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You can't know a devil hates you, no more than you can know a devil exists. You simply have blind faith that the part of the bible that tells you the devil hates you is the word of god. Or is that the part influenced by the devil?
Since I believe in Jesus Christ, I believe what Jesus said of Satan, as well as prophets and apostles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you threaten your kids with burning in a lake of fire?

And no one said the devil trying to muck up the bible was irrational. What was said was, god not being able to keep the devils hands off the bible is irrational if he is all powerful. But nice diversion.
No, I threaten my kids with toys taken away or time out, no iPad or TV time, etc.

God doesn't get involved with every detail that happens on earth. He lets us choose and intervenes when He is humbly asked, or if it is necessary to fulfill His plans. This is why He gave us the Holy Ghost. So we can receive personal revelation regarding ourselves and our families to know how to act when we are uncertain or afraid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That is a huge if. I would say that never happened due to the idea these people were not convinced of Moses' god. The story shows the only plausible event being a leader murdering non believers. It is exactly like Muslims killing Christians. And until you and your kind learn this, please do not expect Muslims to stop killing Christians. Both superstitions are hypocritical, and you demonstrate how Christianity justifies murder for having diversity in religious beliefs.
I am sure the Muslims who murder Christians are doing so in the belief of building a strong nation. You see, they are anti secularism, and against religious freedom, just as the bible is.
They were convinced at the time,(they even built an altar to Him along the way) but not being in God's presence, once hardship hit, they abandoned Him quickly. That's why I call them weak.

I don't expect Muslim extremists to stop killing Christians any more than I expect communists to stop hating the US.

Christians have not been charged to kill others with opposing beliefs. We don't justify murder because we are told not to murder. The people of the Old Testament lived under different laws than Christians today, but very similar to other civilizations that existed at the time. It wasn't uncommon for civilizations to kill anyone that threatened their way of life, any outsider.
Countries weren't setup back then with international rules.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
God didn't inspire crap... That was the inspiration of men, mainly poorly educated goat herders and fishermen, to give them control of the masses that were less educated than they were...
Uses the bible to validate the stories of the bible is like using Ann McCaffy's book "Dragons of Pern" to Validate thread fall and dragons eating fire rocks to breath fire....
Where or what is your proof?
You have absolutely no idea what you are saying! Did you know the Apostle Luke was a doctor and the Apostle Paul was an attorney? Moses was a leader of some 3 million Israelites? David and Solomon were kings and many were prophets who stated accurate prophecy into the future even down to our day!
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2013

Judged:

HELP PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND ...
That an approved relationship with God is possible only through Jesus Christ.
That deliverance from sin and death is possible only through faith in Jesus Christ.
That Godís will is for all to acknowledge Jesus as Lord, not merely by calling him Lord but by keeping his commandments.
That what the Bible says about Jesus Christ is true but that much of what Christendom teaches about him distorts the facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 56 min wtf 147,247
Used Tires (Sep '11) 1 hr jmad 12
Best Revenge on the "other woman" (Sep '09) 3 hr Not sure what to think 247
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 4 hr Racier 7,167
free school supplies 6 hr Mother 7
To All Of Those That Like To Critize Me 6 hr Gacy 92
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 7 hr Gfm 81,565
the Detroit dudes 9 hr OldDays 41
•••
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs