Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
106,801 - 106,820 of 128,587 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
No that is not what was said.
Record of the Vote on the 1965 Civil Rights Amendment.....

House of Representatives:
Democrats for: 152
Democrats against: 96
Republicans for: 138
Republicans against: 34

Senate:
Democrats for: 46
Democrats against: 21
Republicans for: 27
Republicans against: 6

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Produces?
Enzymes are contained within the muscle cells and are released into the blood when the cells are damaged.
The heart pumps blood its a muscle.
Yes Produces, Cardiac Enzymes are specific to the Heart and are as you say released if cells are damaged... Therefore the Heart muscle cells Produce Cardiac Enzymes... They are not produce in the big toe and migrate there.....

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
No, of course I don't want a draft. Compulsory military service is morally wrong, IMHO. So is this fake idea of "patriotism" the Right Wing peddles. Patriotism itself is not a virtue, it's obedience to a state. I have little use for it.
I do wish the military included a broader mix of people. But some types of people are drawn to military ideas and others are not. People with a more authoritarian view of the world tend to be more likely to enlist. And authoritarianism overlaps strongly with conservative ideology. So naturally the military has a lot of conservatives in it. Also, given that fact, there is a sort of feedback loop going on. The military culture, being composed primarily of conservative and/or authoritarian people creates a comfortable environment for that type of person.
If you are more of a liberal-minded person it is probably harder to fit into that environment. They do exist, of course. There are all sorts of people in the military. It's just that the ratio of conservative or authoritarian people vs liberal or libertarian people in the military is not in line with the general population.
One thing I'd like to see changed is the emphasis on religion. There is a test or some kind of psych evaluation that I read about in which a soldier's "spiritual health" was checked. I find that very disturbing. For one thing, there's no such thing as "spiritual health". It's a vague idea. They probably only frame it that way because they can't get by with Jesus, due to the Constitution.
Anyway, it's a pretty fascinating topic.
Spiritual health is a function of morale, team spirit and confidence.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
That is probably true.
No... it's not true!
See... it was God that Saved me!
No doubt in my whole being that this is true!
Seek Him, and you will KNOW it too!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that the Democrats were Conservative during the civil rights movement?...
I already have said that southern "yellow dog" Democrats were conservative and it was discussed over several pages. In this very thread.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Spiritual health is a function of morale, team spirit and confidence.
And religious dogma, doctrine, and pomp has little to do with any of the above.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

SistaNoneYaBiz wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullchit...and bullchit.
(and this isn't even counting the documented cases we haveN'T seen)
There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all.
The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.
The documents showed that US troops continued to find chemical weapons and labs for years after the invasion, including remnants of Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons arsenal -- most of which had been destroyed following the Gulf War.
In August 2004, American troops were able to buy containers from locals of what they thought was liquid sulfur mustard, a blister agent, the documents revealed. The chemicals were triple-sealed and taken to a secure site.
Also in 2004, troops discovered a chemical lab in a house in Fallujah during a battle with insurgents. A chemical cache was also found in the city.
----------
When having an outdoor bit of lunch, do you prefer a picnic table, or ground seating, with some freshly starched gingham placemats?
Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and then trickles on down to do the same.
So years after the invasion, some lab was found and you automatically assume this was of Saddam?
Sounds more like our invasion caused the need to manufacture WMD's for a response.

Now did we invade Iraq for "small amounts of chemical weapons"? Sorry but that is not the bullshit Bush sold.

As you said, the first gulf war destroyed the majority of WMD's. Bush Jr. just could not admit pops did the job well enough. Bush Jr. had to send in thousands of troops to die for "small amounts of chemical weapons"?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
Looking at the first two articles, I see their is no connection made between any weapons found and Saddam.

Quote in second article,
"As yet there is no conclusive proof that Syrian chemical weapons can be traced to Saddam Hussein. "

Need I read all the articles cited to prove you are just reaching for justifications to send our boys to an unnecessary death?

And lets say, just for sake of argument, some of these weapons were sent to Syria. Kind of shows the invasion of Iraq was futile still.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
And religious dogma, doctrine, and pomp has little to do with any of the above.
It has to do with real world measures, physical fitness scores, marksmanship scores and mission success rates. I'm happy my children studied the bible. What's the matter with you? You think there's not enough sex education in school so why waste time on reading and writing?

Abstinence, works every time its applied. Don't sell your kids half measures.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
ooh..ooh.. Let me.... Yes we should have slapped the dog crap out of Afghanistan from the air but we did not need troops on the ground... We should have not attempted to do Nation Building and just took out every building larger than a hut, every military asset we could locate, every bridge, every communication tower and every government building we could find... Then walk away without a penny in aid, not a single MRE or bottle of water...
But none of that would have ever been needed if when the USSR was in there we would have given them a big Thumbs up and said it had nothing to do with us... Not a single Red Eye to the "Freedom Fighters"... And 9/11 would never have happened in the first place...
As for Iraq, we were at a state of War still from the First Gulf War where we came to the aid of an Ally... We were in a Cease Fire status and we should have never put boots on the ground in Iraq... Again if they fired on a coalition aircraft, painted one with a radar, refused to allow inspectors where ever they wish to have gone... Knock down government buildings and take out every piece of military gear we saw and take out bridges until they did Exactly what was agreed to during the signing of the cease fire agreement..
And again, screw nation building... Not a dime in aid, not a band-aid, not a MRE, not a bottle of Cumberland Gap spring water....
Now in Syria... The French are all gung ho for the US to bomb em.. I say stay the hell out of it... If the French want to do it more power to em... If Syria uses 100 ton of Iraq's chemical weapons on it's own people, not our problem... The more bat shite crazy Islamist kill other bat shite crazy Islamist I don't ee the down side....
I can agree to much of this. Funny, I do not see anything about Iraq here.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying that the Democrats were Conservative during the civil rights movement?...
Clearly not.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
What happened on 9-11 was one of the most heinous crimes in history, killing more people in one day on American Soil since Pearl Harbor, that I do not question, however what I do question is how such inept, un experienced pilots can master such a precise strike to massive skyscrapers to bring them down is such a perfect implosion, that it boggles the mind.
Perfect implosion? Guess you were not standing near the towers as they fell. Buildings all around were destroyed due to the imperfect collapse.
No demo company agrees the towers were brought down with explosives.
Now you can go with the conspiracy theorists or you can go with the actual experts.

Destruction does not take precision. But one can clearly see the planes did hit dead center. Not really that hard when aiming at "massive skyscrapers".

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It has to do with real world measures, physical fitness scores, marksmanship scores and mission success rates. I'm happy my children studied the bible. What's the matter with you? You think there's not enough sex education in school so why waste time on reading and writing?
The reality is, most all persons, even bible believing, are not able to be abstinent.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Clearly not.
Nixon's Southern Strategy drew many of the southern Democrats who were disgusted with Bobby Kennedy's and LBJ's actions into the Republican party. In reality, Nixon was still FAR more liberal than would be deemed either acceptable or electable by today's GOP.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Record of the Vote on the 1965 Civil Rights Amendment.....
House of Representatives:
Democrats for: 152
Democrats against: 96
Republicans for: 138
Republicans against: 34
Senate:
Democrats for: 46
Democrats against: 21
Republicans for: 27
Republicans against: 6
Oh, so you think the Republican of 65 is the one of today?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Spiritual health is a function of morale, team spirit and confidence.
Says who?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No... it's not true!
See... it was God that Saved me!
No doubt in my whole being that this is true!
What is truth may not be what what you believe. The fact you do not seem to understand this truth is likely the problem.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It has to do with real world measures, physical fitness scores, marksmanship scores and mission success rates. I'm happy my children studied the bible. What's the matter with you? You think there's not enough sex education in school so why waste time on reading and writing?
Of course you are happy that you made your kids study the Bible. The rest of your paragraph is simply blowing smoke - which you thoroughly approve of.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
So.... look for your delusion, be prepared to find it, welcome it wholeheartedly when it comes along and wallow in it blissfully, ignoring reason and sanity?
No...in fact, hell no.
No need. Reality is sufficient.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you feel the USA's actions following 911 were justified?
And I want to ask that same question to 'sarah' Moniker
Yes, because the United States was attacked outright, in a declaration of "political jihadist war" that was declared publicly by bin_laden et al.

BIG difference between that and the present situation. BIG difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Jay 146,183
White daughter likes black guys 29 min Hmmm 38
infection on wong dong 42 min Ummm 5
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 54 min i know 81,568
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr i know 1,013
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Hero 26,183
hotel room fun 2 hr mmmmm 1
josh hensley 3 hr SteakDinners4Every1 15
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 3 hr --S-e-r-i-o-u-s-l-y-- 7,120