Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,402

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#112043 Aug 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Hee Hee, birds of a feather flock together. Right now its just "religummist" and "dimwit" but "yes the liar" will fly in soon.
And they will cicle.
Maybe the "sozi" will show up.
Lmao.
Show where I cast the first stone at anyone.
Should not say "cast the first stone", that religie "special topix understanding" will get it twisted.

Instead.

Show where I have insulted someone that was not a direct response to an insult or as you religies like to do an "implied" insult toward myself.

I'll wait.

“There is no god.”

USA

#112044 Aug 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Should not say "cast the first stone", that religie "special topix understanding" will get it twisted.
Instead.
Show where I have insulted someone that was not a direct response to an insult or as you religies like to do an "implied" insult toward myself.
I'll wait.
"Direct response" is not correct wording.

Show where I personally insulted someone first "implied" or otherwise.

That should be simple enough even for a religie.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112045 Aug 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No. That's why He is also called the Holy Spirit. The Father and the Son have bodies, but the Holy Ghost does not.(Yet). I'm assuming He will be given this after His job is complete.
Now it just sounds like a third god.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#112046 Aug 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead.
I'll wait.
You referred to me as "Thick" and not in a belt size connotation... Admittedly it was more a pebble than a stone and tossed like a school girl with her panties all bunched up, but it was the first stone, "meathead"...
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112047 Aug 30, 2013
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting read Sista,
Thaks for posting it
YW-Anytime.

(Especially since it was a PHYSICS thing!)

“There is no god.”

USA

#112048 Aug 30, 2013
I guess you forgot where you implied I was a "chicken shiite prejudice idiot".

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/winchester-ky...

And "religummist" just like to say "meathead" is used by religies alot you guys should change it up.

Now lets address your religie thinking of women and children.
You say "like a school girl with her panties all bunched up" thats your insult and you probably really tapped that last key. Now "yes the liar" and "dimwit" will be proud of you for sure.

"religummist" says "I won"

Lmfao
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112049 Aug 30, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Grandma Dammit doesn't really evoke much emotional response from me...
I kinda like that one lol
(makes me remember mine own, bless her oh sooo patient heart, one time only yardstick in hand, signaling the boundry line lol)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#112050 Aug 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
And "religummist" just like to say "meathead" is used by religies alot you guys should change it up.
Now lets address your religie thinking of women and children.
You say "like a school girl with her panties all bunched up" thats your insult and you probably really tapped that last key. Now "yes the liar" and "dimwit" will be proud of you for sure.
"religummist" says "I won"
Lmfao
You still twerkin? Both links had nothing to do with me and I would not have implied anything... As in the meathead thingy it's my choice to call you what ever I wish as a retaliatory act of stick poking... And I can assure you that if you find a post where I have fallen to name calling it was in response because some chicken shiite prejudice idiot got their panties in a wad and personally called me a name and not the positions I have taken....
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#112051 Aug 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>oh you conservatives just have to support bush no matter if it contradicts your philosophy or not. Hypocrite.
Saddam did not attack us. This was the topic you were speaking of with Syria and Libya but now your standards have changed for bush. Partisan.
Saddam attacked Kuwait, as well as gassed and depleted his own country. Enter U.S. and other allies,(rather then Kuwait accepting bin_laden et al "allied" help)

Geez Duquette, this stuff does NOT really take PHYSICS, to realize--even anyone with just a SHRED of some common sense can see the BIG differences between all that and the FAILED FORIEGN POLICY of Libay (now al qaeda-ville) and Syria (with some wishing it to be the suburb community of Libya al-qaeda-ville.)

(and I am too worn out with it to TRY to explain any of it any further to your vacuous cranium!)

Since: Feb 12

Roseville, CA

#112052 Aug 30, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No. That's why He is also called the Holy Spirit. The Father and the Son have bodies, but the Holy Ghost does not.(Yet). I'm assuming He will be given this after His job is complete.
Then the Holy Ghost is not equal to the other two Gods you worship. The LDS explanation of the trinity does not seem logical.

I think you have this backwards. Jesus had flesh and bones therefore he must have been a man. The apostles saw him thinking they saw a ghost or apparation of the dead Jesus. Now the bible says no man shall see God and yet live. What that means is that Jesus could not be a God because he was seen.(I didn't make this up it's sat that right in the bible.)

1. When did Jesus become a God?

Jesus becomes a God when he was exalted to that position. What did the Father give him? He gave him something to pour out. Was it a seperate being called the Holy Ghost to boss around, no. He gave Jesus power and Jesus use this power to give to his apostles power.

Acts 2:33
Now he is exalted to the place of highest honor in heaven, at God's right hand. And the Father, as he had promised, gave him the Holy Spirit to pour out upon us, just as you see and hear today.

2. Jesus showing he is a man and not a heavenly spirit

Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

3. Proof Jesus was a man not in a God state yet. If he was in a God state all who saw him would have died instantly and the people did not.

Exodus 33:19

18Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!" 19And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; compassion." 20But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"

Luke 24:33-39
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

4. No Flesh,blood or bones can enter Heaven.

1 Corinthians 15:50

I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Comments welcomed.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#112053 Aug 30, 2013
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Saddam attacked Kuwait, as well as gassed and depleted his own country. Enter U.S. and other allies,(rather then Kuwait accepting bin_laden et al "allied" help)
Geez Duquette, this stuff does NOT really take PHYSICS, to realize--even anyone with just a SHRED of some common sense can see the BIG differences between all that and the FAILED FORIEGN POLICY of Libay (now al qaeda-ville) and Syria (with some wishing it to be the suburb community of Libya al-qaeda-ville.)
(and I am too worn out with it to TRY to explain any of it any further to your vacuous cranium!)
Again the first gulf war took care of that.
Why would keep repeating justifications for the first war when we are discussing the second?
And really, we could have done without that last paragraph Mr. Pitchfork hypocrite.

“There is no god.”

USA

#112054 Aug 30, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You still twerkin? Both links had nothing to do with me and I would not have implied anything... As in the meathead thingy it's my choice to call you what ever I wish as a retaliatory act of stick poking... And I can assure you that if you find a post where I have fallen to name calling it was in response because some chicken shiite prejudice idiot got their panties in a wad and personally called me a name and not the positions I have taken....
Example above of "special topix understanding". It's so sad.

"Both links had nothing to do with me and I would not have implied anything."

And "religummist" says
"I won".........

And the religies sang dotadota.......
TheColoringBookV endor

London, KY

#112055 Aug 30, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Again the first gulf war took care of that.
Why would keep repeating justifications for the first war when we are discussing the second?
And really, we could have done without that last paragraph Mr. Pitchfork hypocrite.
Because the first Gulf War when Saddam invaded Kuwait, pretty well led into the rest of it all.

C-A-T-A-L-Y-S-T.

You might know these things if you weren't so blindly bigoted against literary education.

And excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, but Simpleton bigots like you take Such energy sometime.

“There is no god.”

USA

#112056 Aug 30, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Then the Holy Ghost is not equal to the other two Gods you worship. The LDS explanation of the trinity does not seem logical.
I think you have this backwards. Jesus had flesh and bones therefore he must have been a man. The apostles saw him thinking they saw a ghost or apparation of the dead Jesus. Now the bible says no man shall see God and yet live. What that means is that Jesus could not be a God because he was seen.(I didn't make this up it's sat that right in the bible.)
1. When did Jesus become a God?
Jesus becomes a God when he was exalted to that position. What did the Father give him? He gave him something to pour out. Was it a seperate being called the Holy Ghost to boss around, no. He gave Jesus power and Jesus use this power to give to his apostles power.
Acts 2:33
Now he is exalted to the place of highest honor in heaven, at God's right hand. And the Father, as he had promised, gave him the Holy Spirit to pour out upon us, just as you see and hear today.
2. Jesus showing he is a man and not a heavenly spirit
Luke 24:39
Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
3. Proof Jesus was a man not in a God state yet. If he was in a God state all who saw him would have died instantly and the people did not.
Exodus 33:19
18Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!" 19And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; compassion." 20But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
Luke 24:33-39
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
4. No Flesh,blood or bones can enter Heaven.
1 Corinthians 15:50
I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
Comments welcomed.
Hiya SS, I respectfully disagree.

in the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god.
And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the sky critter,) full of grace and truth.

john 1, 1 and 14

god in a jesus suit thats the word.

I got to burn a bunch of honey pots was in the "woods" to much to read graffiti.
Peace be with you brother.

Roseville, CA

#112057 Aug 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
And the word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,(and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the sky critter,) full of grace and truth.
john 1, 1 and 14
I got to burn a bunch of honey pots was in the "woods" to much to read graffiti.
Hi LOL, peace be with you also.

Roseville, CA

#112058 Aug 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
john 1, 1 and 14
That is true it does say that the word was god. Yet if you look closely at the wording it says the word was with god. That verse suggest more than one god exists as some interpet the trinity today. That verse you quoted is not in dispute but only the meaning of the verse.

John 1:1
The proper rendering into English from the original Koine Greek text continues to be a source of vigorous debate among Bible translators.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_1:1

“There is no god.”

USA

#112059 Aug 30, 2013
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
That is true it does say that the word was god. Yet if you look closely at the wording it says the word was with god. That verse suggest more than one god exists as some interpet the trinity today. That verse you quoted is not in dispute but only the meaning of the verse.
John 1:1
The proper rendering into English from the original Koine Greek text continues to be a source of vigorous debate among Bible translators.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_1:1
I see your point if we don't take the english version of the holyhatebible at its "word".
But I'm not changing my name. "LOL" was taken so I need the suit.

“There is no god.”

USA

#112060 Aug 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
The above link should be

Deleted posts affects the post number. I did not know that.

“There is no god.”

USA

#112061 Aug 30, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Example above of "special topix understanding". It's so sad.
"Both links had nothing to do with me and I would not have implied anything."
And "religummist" says
"I won".........
Being the post number was wrong this post is inaccurate except for,

And "religummist" says
"I won".........

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#112062 Aug 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What examples do you have of things that did not exist at the time?
There has been some archeological evidence for the stories of the BOM.
Stuff like this:

"The Book of Mormon mentions several animals, plants, and technologies for which there is no evidence in pre-Columbian America. These include asses, cattle, milk, horses,[7][8] oxen, sheep, swine, goats, elephants,[9] wheat,[10] barley,[11][12][13][14] figs,[15] silk,[16] steel,[17] bellows, brass, breast plates, chains, iron working,[18] plows, swords, scimitars, and chariots.[19] The Smithsonian Institution has stated that "none of the principal food plants and domestic animals of the Old World (except the dog) were present in the New World before Columbus."[20][21]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_authe...

There is nothing in the BoM that could not have been written by Smith and perhaps a collaborator or two. Nothing in it is inexplicable in that light. And in fact the most rational way to explain it is to say that it was invented by Smith and perhaps a collaborator or two.

It is irrational to assume the book is anything other than that.

Now you can certainly believe otherwise but you are firmly in a minority of intellectual opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police car chase in Richmond? 26 min Eddie 500
Advise? 34 min Ed Hypothalamus 106
Chris Coleman "Krusty" whats he up 2 (Apr '10) 47 min Down and out 24
The Jimmy barnes out of office countdown 48 min Countdown Man 19
lisa tackett 58 min meee 4
Does anyone know what happened to Gina Lainhart? (May '09) 1 hr meee 21
angela robinson 1 hr mdh 5
Who will be the next Madison County Sheriff in ... (Mar '14) 2 hr CC Rider 1,119
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 2 hr pud 29,051
George Robbins is a certified nut case 3 hr Tree Top Flyer 26

Freeze Watch for Madison County was issued at October 30 at 2:20PM EDT

Richmond Dating
Find my Match

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richmond News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richmond

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]