Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,545

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#108613 Jul 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not fret over your son's unbelief. He still has time.
If he fails to realize the error of his ways,we can hope that his chidren will break the curse of unbelief.
BTW your self serving statements make you appear even more foolish.
We know that an unbeliever does not attend a religious service out of curiosity.
It is very likely that the unbeliever is there looking for answers to the BS he /she has been fed by Atheists.
Possibly,the unbeliever has read the studies that have concluded that unbelievers have a higher rate of mental and emotional problems,are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol and more likely to commit suicide.
Knowing that unbelief is the cause of those problems,they are probably looking to save their families from such a fate...
After all,if one really loves their family,you really want the best for them
we seem to be getting studies from very different sources, which ones are you reading, or was that what you heard in church, i would like to see these studies, please post them.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#108614 Jul 21, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not fret over your son's unbelief. He still has time.
If he fails to realize the error of his ways,we can hope that his chidren will break the curse of unbelief.
Am I "fretting?" No. That is you projecting since YOU would worry about YOUR child if they didn't follow your teachings.
I never influenced my son concerning religion.
Go to church or not.. it was up to him.
He never has attended church by his own choice.
He and his wife also choose not to have children so there will be no Christians coming from this family.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> BTW your self serving statements make you appear even more foolish.
"Self serving?" Only stating facts, honey. You seem to be poorly informed so I thought I would share some facts with you.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> We know that an unbeliever does not attend a religious service out of curiosity.
Of course they do. I was raised Baptist but went to a Methodist and Lutheran church services with my besties when I was in high school.
Wanted to see what the difference might be. Curiosity.
Two years ago when I went to Italy, I attended a Catholic mass just to see what it was like. Catholics really know how to do rituals..much better than Protestants.
No matter who is preaching it...it's all BS.
curious wrote:
<quoted text> It is very likely that the unbeliever is there looking for answers to the BS he /she has been fed by Atheists.
Possibly,the unbeliever has read the studies that have concluded that unbelievers have a higher rate of mental and emotional problems,are more likely to abuse drugs and alcohol and more likely to commit suicide.
Speaking of BS...
curious wrote:
<quoted text> Knowing that unbelief is the cause of those problems,they are probably looking to save their families from such a fate...
After all,if one really loves their family,you really want the best for them
Yes, I wanted my son to grow up thinking for himself.
He did. He came to his atheist conclusions all on his own.
I am very proud of him.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108615 Jul 22, 2013
Anger over self defense...
What about this senseless act???

You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.

My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.

I am one of the youngest murder victims in our Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.

There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.

So while you are seeking justice for Trayvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon.

Thank you.
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108616 Jul 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I can honestly say that I have never noticed that.
"I can honestly say that I have never noticed that"
Case closed!

It wasn't you I was posting to!
Hahahahahaha...
It was about you!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108617 Jul 22, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it also teaches hate, cruelty, war, slavery, and violence against women and children.
It says it's ok to sell your daughter, stone your child, rape and kill those who don't believe like you do.
If you want the land and goats/sheep owned by people in a neighboring country, you have "god's" permission to kill them and take their property, provided they don't believe like you do.
<quoted text>
Freedom from the belief in primitive superstitions would make for a better world.
There. Now we have both expressed our opinions.
<quoted text>
Oh, sure. Because "believers" would never take drugs or abuse alcohol.
**eyeroll**
<quoted text>
You think everyone needs to believe in a mythical sky daddy who is going to punish him/her if he/she doesn't behave? Ridiculous.
If Yahweh appeared tomorrow and said, "Hey, do whatever you want to do! No punishment ever!" are you going to go out to steal, rape, and pillage?
If so, you were never a moral person to begin with.
Ethics and morals come from being able to empathize with others.
To treat others the way you want to be treated.
No religion is necessary for that.
The most ethical people I know are atheists.
They know that they are responsible for their actions.
They don't get to simply apologize to Yahweh and get "forgiven."
Wrong!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108618 Jul 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Provably false claim there buddy. Do you live in a cave?
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/70-year-...
Bible Study ToolsBible VersionsNIVLeviticusLeviticus 20Leviticus 20:13-23
Leviticus 20:13-23 (New International Version)
View In My Bible
13 " 'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. 14 " 'If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you. 15 " 'If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he must be put to death, and you must kill the animal. 16 " 'If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads. 17 " 'If a man marries his sister, the daughter of either his father or his mother, and they have sexual relations, it is a disgrace. They must be cut off before the eyes of their people. He has dishonored his sister and will be held responsible. 18 " 'If a man lies with a woman during her monthly period and has sexual relations with her, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them must be cut off from their people
I know what the Bible says!
1 time.... Muslims off heads like you drink water!
Buy a clue!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108619 Jul 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why not just cover all the bases and believe in all the gods ever conceived?
Are you not taking a chance that Mohammed might be the one true prophet? Maybe Joe Smith was the one.
I am sure the 9/11 hijackers believed as you and did not take chances doubting what they were told.
Because...
Only ONE God came, and saved me!
You will meet Him soon!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108620 Jul 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And here is where the denial to be a skeptic of your beliefs come to play.
If you cop out on the questions at this point, please do not insist the scientific hypothesis's have no logic or plausible likelihoods.
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did your god come from?
We are like the fish in a pond...
Not knowing the realm just out of the water!
God has not told where He came from, as It says...
He is the beginning, and the end...
You will see Him, ask Him!
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108621 Jul 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>No,we cannot demonstrate what a billion years of nature can do. But we do not claim we know for sure this is how life started. At least I don't. I say it sounds plausible.
Now you claim god did it with absolute certainty, but you cannot show.
See the stark difference?
And your claim about 95% of dating methods pointing to a young earth is a compete lie. I thought lying was considered a sin to you? Maybe you think it is the truth, so that is your loophole.
Who says it's a complete lie???
You, or the People that told you it was a lie???
See... You believe a God haters view!
I Believe in the God that saved me...
See the difference?
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#108622 Jul 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't Believe in Good guys and Bad Guys... I Know from 60 years of personal experience there are Good Guys and Bad Guys... and some that are varying amounts of each.... There are people that would have no better fun than to find you and your family out and about, tie you to a tree while they scoop you child's eye balls out and force feed them to you wife while they rape her with a red hot poke and cut your eye lids off so you have to watch... If you don't thing such bad guys exist, you are living a delusional life....
I carry a side arm where ever I go just in case the day ever comes when folk like you become a victim....
http://youtu.be/23uPQgaJ24Y
Amen!
You didn't see that IN National media!
Where is the outcry????
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#108623 Jul 22, 2013
Here's some cartoons for you guys... Enjoy!
.
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/07/66925-cartoon...
.
Y'all have a great day :-)
ProvenScience

London, KY

#108624 Jul 22, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it also teaches hate, cruelty, war, slavery, and violence against women and children.
It says it's ok to sell your daughter, stone your child, rape and kill those who don't believe like you do.
If you want the land and goats/sheep owned by people in a neighboring country, you have "god's" permission to kill them and take their property, provided they don't believe like you do.
<quoted text>
Freedom from the belief in primitive superstitions would make for a better world.
There. Now we have both expressed our opinions.
<quoted text>
Oh, sure. Because "believers" would never take drugs or abuse alcohol.
**eyeroll**
<quoted text>
You think everyone needs to believe in a mythical sky daddy who is going to punish him/her if he/she doesn't behave? Ridiculous.
If Yahweh appeared tomorrow and said, "Hey, do whatever you want to do! No punishment ever!" are you going to go out to steal, rape, and pillage?
If so, you were never a moral person to begin with.
Ethics and morals come from being able to empathize with others.
To treat others the way you want to be treated.
No religion is necessary for that.
The most ethical people I know are atheists.
They know that they are responsible for their actions.
They don't get to simply apologize to Yahweh and get "forgiven."
The most ethical people I know are just that-ethical, with some morals and integrity enough to walk the walk (not just fake and phony speak of them) as well, and are tolerant of OTHERS and their DIFFERENT beliefs (providing they are not harming others) in a world full of imperfections-those that can exist in better ways, with out having to go around HATING on ANYthing (INcluding BOOKS that others might like to read-and that others read FAR differently) as well--as in NO labelDUHMlabel required-just PEOPLE as they are...not as they merely WISH (UNrealistically) people were.

And those that can accept sincere apologies-are truly the blessed ones...because HATRED is TOXIC.
CivilLawandEthic s

London, KY

#108625 Jul 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why would someone use a different name in three consecutive posts?
According to the subject matter.

Why do idiots answer rational questions with stupid questions--because it is too difficult for them to actually have to think, and form rational answers to rational questions?

Made ya actually think huh.

GOOD, y'all should actually have to do that from time to time.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#108626 Jul 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
Here's some cartoons for you guys... Enjoy!
.
http://www.ijreview.com/2013/07/66925-cartoon...
.
Y'all have a great day :-)
You ARE a cartoon.
CivilLawandEthic s

London, KY

#108627 Jul 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believe the tower of Babble story? Do you believe different languages are due to god causing confusion among the people as this story claims?
This whole concept makes no sense to me. Now it sounds like you think god is magically making some speak in tongues to lower the confusion.
First, why would god intentionally try to make the people confused?
Looking at any map of differing religious populations we can see the language barrier could be a large reason for the differing religions. Thus if god wanted all to be of one religion, it defies logic to think he would put in place any road blocks to this goal.
That's all rational, until anyone inserts the reality of that "free will" stuff...hense IRRATIONALITY.
(so ummm seems like mankind over milleniums hasn't always follered just one pattern of thought now doesn't it. WHOA! Imagine that. Who'd've thought it!

Geez.
CivilLawandEthic s

London, KY

#108628 Jul 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't Believe in Good guys and Bad Guys... I Know from 60 years of personal experience there are Good Guys and Bad Guys... and some that are varying amounts of each.... There are people that would have no better fun than to find you and your family out and about, tie you to a tree while they scoop you child's eye balls out and force feed them to you wife while they rape her with a red hot poke and cut your eye lids off so you have to watch... If you don't thing such bad guys exist, you are living a delusional life....
I carry a side arm where ever I go just in case the day ever comes when folk like you become a victim....
http://youtu.be/23uPQgaJ24Y
Yup and those kind of people suck!

(vile subhuman degenerates!!)
CivilLawandEthic s

London, KY

#108629 Jul 22, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
Anger over self defense...
What about this senseless act???
You won't recognize me. My name was Antonio West and I was the 13-month old child who was shot at point blank range by two teens who were attempting to rob my mother, who was also shot. A Grand Jury of my mommy's peers from Brunswick GA determined the teens who murdered me will not face the death penalty...too bad I was given a death sentence for being innocent and defenseless.
My family made the mistake of being white in a 73% non-white neighborhood, but my murder was not ruled a Hate Crime. Nor did President Obama take so much as a single moment to acknowledge my murder.
I am one of the youngest murder victims in our Nation's history, but the media doesn't care to cover the story of my tragic demise, President Obama has no children who could possibly look like me - so he doesn't care and the media doesn't care because my story is not interesting enough to bring them ratings so they can sell commercial time slots.
There is not a white equivalent of Al Sharpton because if there was he would be declared racist, so there is no one rushing to Brunswick GA to demand justice for me. There is no White Panther party to put a bounty on the lives of those who murdered me. I have no voice, I have no representation and unlike those who shot me in the face while I sat innocently in my stroller - I no longer have my life.
So while you are seeking justice for Trayvon, please remember to seek justice for me too. Tell your friends about me, tell you families, get tee shirts with my face on them and make the world pay attention, just like you did for Trayvon.
Thank you.
Oh but that would mean a nation having to look at crime REALISTICALLY, rather than racially and politically twisted and baited by LOSERS, that could even begin to "overlook" such a vile, heinous of such contempt!

(and can you believe some WHACKed out nutjob even clicked a negative judge it on that post-disgusting, warped in the head vermon!)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#108630 Jul 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know ABBA was in the Bible. Why aren't they still popular then?
You never read the book of Fernando? The parable of the Dancing Queen?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#108631 Jul 22, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is my understanding that he always was,is and always will be.
Why do you ask?
How convenient.
Prayer

San Jose, CA

#108632 Jul 22, 2013
I'm for it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How Am I Supposed to Climb The Ladder of Succes... 13 min NotEd 714
Police car chase in Richmond? 2 hr Bethany 745
Any combat veterans out there? (Aug '13) 2 hr Veteran 94
Barber Shop (Dec '11) 3 hr Big Daddy 29
free tree 4 hr mike 5
George Robbins is a certified nut case 4 hr Porkhater 47
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 4 hr ok yep 7,596
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 5 hr Kit Kat Kate 29,424
Richmond Dating
Find my Match

Richmond People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Richmond News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Richmond

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:50 pm PST

NBC Sports12:50PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Colts' Week 12 Preview vs. Jags
NBC Sports 9:51 AM
Colts cut return man Griff Whalen, sign RB Zurlon Tipton
NFL10:14 AM
Colts promote Zurlon Tipton, waive Griff Whalen