Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
103,061 - 103,080 of 130,550 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#107796 Jul 1, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
If we started as bacteria n went to apes then became Humans then where are all the phases of these transformations at. How come we don't see differ phases if ape to man running around???
Be...
Is the word "and" really to much for you to type? Your writing is bad enough without the laziness. Instead of putting three question marks in a row, put them after each question.

Their have been twenty two different hominid fossil species found that are clearly transitions between common ape and modern human.
Now fossils are rare, yet we have 22 so called, missing links. Yet you act as if their are none.

Evolution often takes a long time, or comes in spurts when the environment changes severely. Man has not been around long enough to expect to see any dramatic or noticeable changes in most species. We have seen some changes in some species though.

The changes in ape to man occurred over millions of years. We have less than ten thousand years of written history, so just do the math.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107797 Jul 1, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not in the least... I make my view based on my own knowledge base across the board and don't follow dogma of anyone... Some of my positions some will agree with and some will not.... That makes me think my positions are probably the correct positions when both side agree with some and disagree with others.... Delusion is not only the realm of the religious right, it's also a harbor for the sanctimonious left...
Yet nearly all of your positions are of the Republican Party. Now if you had broke from the party on personal freedoms like gay marriage and abortion, then I would think maybe you were a libertarian. But you are almost perfectly in line with the Republican Party. If it walks like a duck.....

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107798 Jul 1, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you should take a course on reading Comprehension as I have never made such a claim.... All I have ever stated is that I have a Postulate that can explain some of the so far unexplained aspects of physics while maintaining R,SR an QM as valid and explains how QM works both in the micro and macro without conflict... At no point have I stated i have solved anything....
I could be wrong on lots of stuff but so far History has validated my every position so I'll keep pushing on....
Hey, I was just pointing out a strong possibility. I could be wrong just as you could be wrong. Hubris is dangerous.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107799 Jul 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So lets say we can blame instinct when cats kill and don't eat. That still doesn't mean we should use humans as targets when honing our sniping skills. So my point still stands that just because animals do it, doesn't mean we should.
There are some Really (really!) twisted and warped (as in sick in the head!) people in this world!

Heck with more churches these days (because those type refuse to acknowledge any benefit of spiritual guidance that such may provide, will just keep bashing any good such may do)... and with so many of those kinds of sick in the head, dysfunctional, depraved types running around now, we need licensed head shrink booths on every street corner, with protective services for the victims that the sickin the head suck into their sickness on every street corner!!
Gaw, such rampant twisted and warped depravity!
Sick, sick, sick in the head people these days.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107800 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Mythical stories of collapsed societies do not count.
Even in the Sodom story, the collapse was due to god murdering all the people.
You worship a mass murderer.
That's kind of like blaming Bush for the (WELL WARNED about) storm of Katrina.

Really??? I mean REALLY? What next-a "save the voodoo DUHllies" campaign?
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107801 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We can't have the Romney brothers joining together in one big incestuous, homosexual, polygamous marriage, now can we?
and that's kind of like saying that kind of hump and bump only okay for the Obama TRIBES.

Really?? I mean REALLLY?
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107802 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Darkness kills for fun, it is a proven fact. The news said it.
and that's some sick arse, dark age crap.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107803 Jul 1, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not in the least... I make my view based on my own knowledge base across the board and don't follow dogma of anyone... Some of my positions some will agree with and some will not.... That makes me think my positions are probably the correct positions when both side agree with some and disagree with others.... Delusion is not only the realm of the religious right, it's also a harbor for the sanctimonious left...
Do you understand WHY we have civil laws and codes?

For the IGNORANT who think that we are nothing but ANIMALS-unrequired to have to use the BRAINS in the heads upon our shoulders.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107804 Jul 1, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I kinda think ripping the heads off Humans in the womb might be considered Harm....
It doesn't matter WHAT you think so long as it is within the realms of regulations pertaining to, and isn't of your geneTics!

And the next time you think it DOES matter-go try peeing out a watermelon--blame it all on someone else because YOU ate it and it didn't digest right..and then try and sue the givverment to grow it because for YOUR own STUPIDITY, you can't.

Or reform welfare and place it right where it needs to be place thus making STUPID females ACCOUNTABLE for their OWN stupid actions again!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107805 Jul 1, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
That's kind of like blaming Bush for the (WELL WARNED about) storm of Katrina.
Really??? I mean REALLY? What next-a "save the voodoo DUHllies" campaign?
Yes, blaming Bush for the storm would be stupid. Blaming him for poor response leadership makes sense. But to be fair, their was poor leadership by the local left also.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107806 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is the word "and" really to much for you to type? Your writing is bad enough without the laziness. Instead of putting three question marks in a row, put them after each question.
Their have been twenty two different hominid fossil species found that are clearly transitions between common ape and modern human.
Now fossils are rare, yet we have 22 so called, missing links. Yet you act as if their are none.
Evolution often takes a long time, or comes in spurts when the environment changes severely. Man has not been around long enough to expect to see any dramatic or noticeable changes in most species. We have seen some changes in some species though.
The changes in ape to man occurred over millions of years. We have less than ten thousand years of written history, so just do the math.
So LOGIC SHOULD tells those of us with some actual sense then...

1.Evolution was occuring WAY before any damn "we evolved frum any dam ignorant ape" theory-and so musch for the ignorant "lets just act like animals EXCUSE" to be ignorant.
and
2. The Bible is a BOOK, written by men- of historical beliefs, customs and cultures, places, peoples, and events, in ways of that THEY may have seen the world at the time, with nothing for certain (THEN either) MORE known than that aside from "In the begininng there was light" most likely because it's pretty damn hard to write anything in the dark!!!

Gawd Some of you "people" are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO abjectly clueless and ignorant sometimes!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107807 Jul 1, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, I was just pointing out a strong possibility. I could be wrong just as you could be wrong. Hubris is dangerous.
And can you believe there are so many that think nothing of promoting such ignorant stuff?

They OUGHT to be whipped, with their own strands of STUPIDITY.
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107808 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, blaming Bush for the storm would be stupid. Blaming him for poor response leadership makes sense. But to be fair, their was poor leadership by the local left also.
Yeah WAY more LOCAL fault than anything else -as far as re-establishing anything after the storm.

(and how much STUPID did we endure-listening to so many STUPID blame a potus for a storm that they were WELL WARNED about-- but chose rather instead to be STUPID and ignore the WELL promoted WARNINGS!!!)

GAW.

SUCH Ignorance!
ProvenScience

London, KY

#107809 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, blaming Bush for the storm would be stupid. Blaming him for poor response leadership makes sense. But to be fair, their was poor leadership by the local left also.
and while you think about that might I add-have a nice day-as I now have to go WASTE time and energy...because yet once AGAIN-

STUPID has been allowed to roam freely, with out regard for anyone or anything else.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#107810 Jul 1, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is astounding how Q. refuses to apply his own standards to himself.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107811 Jul 1, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
<quoted text>
1)marriage means being a full Member of our society huh?!?!sounds a little Marxist to me. I guess not being married means I'm not a full member then right ?my point is I believe there is a fundamental reason man n woman come together to b in marriage is to cont society in the optimum way to advance society.. U can differ in opinion but that's mine n millions of others who think that way... Weird how everyone who don't believe in God act as if there superior in intellect n understanding then the db God loving person..
2) I believe there is a Creator u don't . U can't prove to me the evolution happened now can u? If we started as bacteria n went to apes then became Humans then where are all the phases of these transformations at. How come we don't see differ phases if ape to man running around??? Sounds as if that idea takes more faith than God loving folks need....tel me before the Torah (old testament ) to define sin what was sin then.. The Torah has defined sin for everyone... Also defined marriage too. N defined homosexuality is wrong as wel along w many other sins..btw I think it's a stated right just as I think every law should
Be...
You have no evidence supporting any god, there is more evidence supporting evolution than gravity, and you're just another idiot that wants to justify your hatred by claiming your imaginary friend said to do it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107812 Jul 1, 2013
ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Gawd Some of you "people" are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO abjectly clueless and ignorant sometimes!
Funny, you make this claim yet you deny something that is supported by real evidence and assert something that has zero evidence supporting it to be real.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107813 Jul 1, 2013
Evolutionary Theories on Gender
and Sexual Reproduction
© 2003 Brad Harrub, Ph.D. and Bert Thompson, Ph.D.
All Rights Reserved.
Reproduced by Permission from TJ, www.AnswersInGenesis.org
Abstract
The origin and maintenance of sex and recombination is not easily explained by natural selection. Evolutionary biology is unable to reveal why animals would abandon asexual reproduction in favor of more costly and inefficient sexual reproduction. Exactly how did we arrive at two separate genders-each with its own physiology? If, as evolutionists have argued, there is a materialistic answer for everything, then the question should be answered: Why sex? Is sex the product of a historical accident or the product of an intelligent Creator? The current article reviews some of the current theories for why sexual reproduction exists today. Yet, as these theories valiantly attempt to explain why sex exists now, they do not explain the origin of sex. We suggest that there is no naturalistic explanation that can account for the origin and maintenance of sex.
Introduction
iology texts illustrate amoebas evolving into intermediate organisms, which then give rise to amphibians, reptiles, mammals, and, eventually, humans. Yet, we never learn exactly when or how independent male and female sexes originated. Somewhere along this evolutionary path, both males and females were required in order to ensure the procreation that was necessary to further the existence of a particular species. But how do evolutionists explain this? When pressed to answer questions such as,“Where did males and females actually come from?,”“What is the evolutionary origin of sex?,” evolutionists become silent. How could nature evolve a female member of a species that produces eggs and is internally equipped to nourish a growing embryo, while at the same time evolving a male member that produces motile sperm cells? And, further, how is it that these gametes (eggs and sperm) conveniently “evolved” so that they each contain half the normal chromosome number of somatic (body) cells?[Somatic cells reproduce via the process of mitosis, which maintains the species’ standard chromosome number; gametes are produced via the process of meiosis, which halves that number. We will have more to say about both processes later.]
The evolution of sex (and its accompanying reproductive capability) is not a favorite topic of discussion in most evolutionary circles, because no matter how many theories evolutionists conjure up (and there are several), they still must surmount the enormous hurdle of explaining the origin of the first fully functional female and the first fully functional male necessary to begin the process. In his book, The Masterpiece of Nature: The Evolution of Genetics and Sexuality, Graham Bell described the dilemma in the following manner:
‘Sex is the queen of problems in evolutionary biology. Perhaps no other natural phenomenon has aroused so much interest; certainly none has sowed as much confusion. The insights of Darwin and Mendel, which have illuminated so many mysteries, have so far failed to shed more than a dim and wavering light on the central mystery of sexuality, emphasizing its obscurity by its very isolation.’[1]

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#107814 Jul 1, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet nearly all of your positions are of the Republican Party. Now if you had broke from the party on personal freedoms like gay marriage and abortion, then I would think maybe you were a libertarian. But you are almost perfectly in line with the Republican Party. If it walks like a duck.....
So the Republican Party that's that there should be no laws restricting personal use of any drug or substance an adult wishes to put into their own body.... The Republican Party agrees that the death penalty should be abolished.... The Republican party agrees that all ground troops should be withdrawn from any country in the world that does not 100% follow the US Constitutional Rule of Law in their governance... The Republican Party agrees that All Subsidies to All private industries should be stopped..... The Republican Party thinks the Federal Reserve should be abolished.... The Republican party agrees that Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, SSI, Federal Department of Education, The IRS and several other Federal agencies need to be methodically disassembled over time... The republican party agrees that All Federal and State Laws should sunset every 10 years and require re-authorization or removed from the books.....

Didn't know that....
curious

Ocoee, FL

#107815 Jul 1, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no evidence supporting any god, there is more evidence supporting evolution than gravity, and you're just another idiot that wants to justify your hatred by claiming your imaginary friend said to do it.
Neither Evolution or Science have an explanation as to how life came into being,they can not account as to how intelligence came into being nor can they explain the following
How could nature evolve a female member of a species that produces eggs and is internally equipped to nourish a growing embryo, while at the same time evolving a male member that produces motile sperm cells? And, further, how is it that these gametes (eggs and sperm) conveniently “evolved” so that they each contain half the normal chromosome number of somatic (body) cells?

For answers,they have unexplainable and unprovable events that supposedly occured billions or millionns of years ago.
So,if one wants evidence of these events,one has to travel back in time a couple of million billion years and try to figure out,where on Earth these events may be taking place.
GRRRREEEAAAT...
To find God,you need not travel back in time to any specific location.
All you need is the desire to want to establish a personal relationship with him...
To do so,you need to personallly seek him...
Nobody else can do it for you.
Those who keep regurgitating the same nonsense"You have no evidence supporting any God" after beind advised as to how to get to know God ,will keep believing fables that only make sense to the most extreme fans of Science Fiction.
To those of us who have come to know God,believe he is real.
Attempts by unbelievers to deny God,as if by doing so,God will cease to exist,are futile and fruitless.
Our God lives,,,From everlasting to everlasting...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Limbertwig 151,301
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 43 min tired of it 1,596
Anyone know Carrie Davis? 6 hr Limp 1
will blacks ever let it go 7 hr mankind 28
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 7 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,601
Word Association (Jul '10) 7 hr White Fire 18,870
doug thomas has got to go 8 hr burger king 33
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 11 hr Be glad Im not he... 7,315
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Madison County was issued at August 31 at 3:38AM EDT

•••
•••
•••