Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 5,151)

Showing posts 103,001 - 103,020 of128,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So you should have witnessed one killing for a reason other than food.
Yes, for practice and honing their skills, and domain, traits that are beneficial to a species.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Your stance on gay marriage is not a defense for homosexuals. It is an attack on their equality.
I am sure many slave owners claimed a few black persons as their friends also.
What a crock!
Yer ok with planned murder of minority children, and claim crap like this...
We (Christians) will not hunt down, and kill gays!
It's you liberals like Margret Sanger that placed those murder clinics in strategic locations, and then tell them it's ok to kill their Babies if the want to!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't all scientists use the same process to come up with the same answer?
Not ALL of the WANT the same answer!
Darkness hates the Light!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

the = them...
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

mantle wrote:
<quoted text>
The threats to humanity were posed by the Atheist regimes of Joe Stalin, Benito Mussolini,Mao Ze Dung ,Pol Pot and other Atheists.
These are responslble for the deatha of hundreds of millions of innocent civilians.
History will confirm that it was the Chrisdtian Western World that prevented our planet from being overrun by the heathen hordes...
Whatever all of you might claim as to your excuses for being here,you are wasting your time.
No one knows who you are,what your plan of action is,where you may be reached, what you might hope to accomplish and how that might be achieved.
Your audience is composed of under 10 Christians who will totally disregard the foolishness you are so fond of spouting
So,,,,,,What have you accomplished these many years of spreading foolish ideas to an audience that places your credibility between --0 and O.
It is not our responsibility to provide you with evidence.
If you want evidence,it is your responsibility to search for it.
Great post!
Actually it's way less than 0, Amen!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And there in lies the rub... And the down fall of a society is the end result of your view.. We have seen pockets within the country where such views have led to their own demise and the falling of entire civilizations in the past due to such views becoming wide spread...
And of course you don't give a damn what I and others think about such things as long as you understand I and others don't give a crap about what you think about such things and will continue to push back against the destruction of the nation...
Great post Q...
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
By "consumed" you mean posting on Topix occasionally? Really?
<quoted text>
"Heartaches?" LOL! You are a hoot.
<quoted text>
Nope. My mind knows what it's doing. My "spirit" and "heart" don't think for me.
<quoted text>
Nope. There is no "he who judges the heart and mind."
But thanks for sharing your delusion.
Just go ahead, and wait... you'll curse yourself in the end!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Wayne wrote:
This country was founded on Christian principle. we survived many years through thick and thin keeping God as our foundation beliefs. Have you noticed how we started slipping since that atheist woman named Madelyn Murphy started the atheist feeling so many years ago.
Before she died she repented of her sins and ask JESUS to forgive and save her soul. Pretty ironic isn't it? He never turns you down like we do HIM. John 3;16
Great post Wayne... God Bless :-)
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You have yet to even be specific about what my view is that is so detrimental to society? Still being vague.
I do not care about your feelings when they are being as bigoted as they are. I care about what others think, just not bigots.
You have yet to show evidence for any of your claims. But they are so darn vague, I could hardly even call them claims.
You need to learn you some tolerance there Mikey... Your hypocritical bigotry is showing!
Oh wait... I forgot that with you guys...
Tolerance is a "ONE WAY" street!
Hey! Don't you be judging either!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>My heart speaks to me. Usually right after I eat a half pound of bacon.
Do you need interpretation of what your heart is telling you, or do you full understand what's it saying?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not ALL of the WANT the same answer!
Darkness hates the Light!
Darkness is the absence of photons. "It" doesn't hate anything.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Do you need interpretation of what your heart is telling you, or do you full understand what's it saying?
It's saying, "If you feel pains in your chest, call 911."

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it's not supported by any evidence.
You've never seen my cat with an anole.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked Q about the slippery slope. Polygyny would most likely be next, followed by incest, and I would wager, it will eventually come to human and animal. And in maybe 200 years people will be considered bigots for not wanting incest and beastiality to occur.
You wager god is real and Joe Smith found gold tablets with writings of a deity, so your judgement is highly suspect.
I do not wager beastiality will be socially acceptable even in two hundred years. And are you really trying to keep homosexuals from marrying due to fears of what will occur two hundred years in the future?
You can try to justify your bigotry if you wish, it is what all bigots do.
You are on the wrong side of equality, and as long as you are, I will protest your beliefs. I will inform all of how the god you worship is but a myth. Atheism is on the rise, and this is one large reason why.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked Q about the slippery slope. Polygyny would most likely be next, followed by incest, and I would wager, it will eventually come to human and animal. And in maybe 200 years people will be considered bigots for not wanting incest and beastiality to occur.
I would wager your bigoted beliefs are pushing more people away from your religion than pulling them in.
Atheism is growing faster than Mormonism.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not 100% true. Some animals kill for fun.
A well fed dog that kills chickens, the whole coop at once with no desire to eat them and they are not presenting a threat.
And the animal that kills for fun and just for sport the most,,, HUMANS! Case closed.
Domestic cats.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Incest in the Animal Kingdom is very normal.... all needed is to check out the local deer populations, cat population and wild dog and wolf populations inner family procreation is prevalent in all social animal groups in the wild...
OK, I looked this up and their is some truth to your statement. I say "some" because it is not healthy for most animals, but a few species do mate this way.
Clearly in humans it is not a healthy way to reproduce.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Pride in your own opinions separates you from God.
Pride in your opinions separates you from reality.
But thanks for the textbook propaganda line. Religion has all the good lines. It is as if politicians invented religion.

At least our opinions are based upon observable evidence, not some claims some people made thousands of years ago. Our opinions are movable. They can adapt to new information. We can back our opinions up with logic and reason. No need for propaganda, brainwashing lines like, "god moves in mysterious ways". That line is an attempt to trick you into leaving logic and reason behind. I see it worked.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You consider rulers of countries as bumpkins?
My point is, just because it is mainstream doesn't mean it's right, so why teach it until it is known? If it was taught as an uncertainty, I'd be ok with that. But to teach mainstream opinion as fact can be dangerous.
You mean like teaching religion that has zero evidence as fact? Yes, that can be dangerous.
It astounds me how you claim god as certainty, yet can produce not a drop of evidence. You show quite a bit of hypocrisy, as we can see here. You have double standards.

You clearly do not even know the definition of a "fact". But I get that what you have been taught is simply the mainstream idea that has absolutely zero evidence and is claimed as fact.

Homosexuality being innate has quite a bit of observable evidence.
Bullying homosexuals has observable evidence. Condemning this bullying by public schools does not defy any evidence and is supported by much evidence.

Now just why do you teach Mormonism as if it were a certainty?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What a crock!
Yer ok with planned murder of minority children, and claim crap like this...
We (Christians) will not hunt down, and kill gays!
It's you liberals like Margret Sanger that placed those murder clinics in strategic locations, and then tell them it's ok to kill their Babies if the want to!
Oh, reeeaaaaallly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 103,001 - 103,020 of128,042
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min me 144,972
Your opinion of Cosmic Oasis in Richmond KY? 43 min anonymous 30
Word Association (Jul '10) 43 min Jennifer Renee 18,431
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 45 min Jennifer Renee 16,489
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 48 min Jennifer Renee 27,985
tasha jones 48 min rough 15
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 57 min EHieronymusKingofKentucky 7,062
•••
•••