Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 152052 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107307 Jun 21, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, his religion doesn't sound any more crazy than your religion. I mean "heavens roll up" .... seriously? How do you expect them to roll up like a scroll?
It's a metaphor. It means God will not speak with man for a period of time as if no more scripture will be given from direct revelation.
Have you never read Revelations? It is slammed full of metaphors.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107308 Jun 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>He said that the gay couple was brought into a classroom, so I thought he was talking about public school and it was to address bullying. Then he says it was a college course (and doesn't name the course title), so it wasn't a k-12 school and all who were present were adults.
He said that a man wanted to marry a goat according to a radio news report that he flipped past. A web search reveals it was a spoof - but he thinks it still validates his "slippery slope" idea. So much for the integrity of his "priesthood."

I can just hear the good little LDS kids playing tag on the playground.
"My daddy" <punch> "says that you are" <punch> "Hold him!" "an abomination" <punch> <kick> "in the eyes of God" <kick>

Aww.. aren't they just sooo cute?
Sociology of Families. I have no problem naming the class for you. And that was many years ago. It was an elective in college. So as it has become more acceptable in society, we have people right in this forum that think it should be taught in grade school as a non-elective. I disagree. This has nothing to do with priesthood. This is my personal opinion.

And I told you how I was flipping channels and heard the goat crap. And that I kept flipping. I shook my head and kept going. I wanted to hear music anyway. But I still expect to hear it someday soon by someone trying to make a statement that they should have this right.

And again, I would never encourage violence or bullying of any kind. I serve on several movements to stop bullying currently. It is despicable to me in any form.
kino

Somerset, KY

#107309 Jun 21, 2013
kool

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107310 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You never heard of the Eddie's Mississippi leg hound (it's best if you just let him finish Clark)? That could easily be argued as consent by the same twisted minds that want to participate in it.
And no, I do not want public schools teaching children that homosexuality is ok. There is no reason to even touch on the subject to say whether it is ok or not. Leave it to the parents.
*BUZZZ* Wrong answer!

Since homosexuality is a naturally occurring human sexual orientation (been around since the beginning, dude) you cannot just ignore it. You are doing kids intellectual and moral harm by sweeping it under the rug or letting homophobic parents fill their heads with idiot tales of god killing fags.

And your slipper slope argument about homosexuality in society leading to bestiality in society is flat out stupid. And insulting.

If this is the line of reasoning you actually think is valid I revoke my comment that you are a reasonable person.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#107311 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they have happened. Look at the corruption that has taken place in the Catholic Church since its beginning. And all Protestant churches came from it. And if the Bible is true when it says you can't grow good fruit from a dead tree, then this would mean the apostasy was in effect.
The LDS is a Protestant church, if it is a Christian church at all. Please don't tell me you actually think the LDS comes from before Catholicism.

So the LDS itself comes from a dead tree.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107312 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So why haven't all the scientists that do this for a living found conclusive evidence yet? I'm not a scientist. Don't blame me.
They have, look at who is saying they have not.

Hint: It's not the scientists.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107313 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe any regular joe could conclude maybe it's not a delusion.
Then "any regular joe" would be gullible ... oh wait, you are gullible.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107314 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a metaphor. It means God will not speak with man for a period of time as if no more scripture will be given from direct revelation.
Have you never read Revelations? It is slammed full of metaphors.
What makes your "interpretation" better than another?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107315 Jun 22, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You use force to keep gay marriage forbidden. These are your superstitious beliefs being forced upon others.
You have the right to not marry your own sex, but that is not good enough for you. You insist others marry as you do.
It's NOT a superstitious belief IF God is real, and...
He is!
Nowhere in our constitution does it say we Have to allow perverse people to do what they want!
If we do... you might as well release Sandusky, and every other sick person... After all... they were born that way!
Give me a break!
No... Romans 1 says it quite well, and that truth bothers you!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#107316 Jun 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, his religion doesn't sound any more crazy than your religion. I mean "heavens roll up" .... seriously? How do you expect them to roll up like a scroll?
You forget...
The Creator can/will do anything He wants...
He is bigger than what you see!
Get to know Him... You will be glad you did!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107317 Jun 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
It's NOT a superstitious belief IF God is real, and...
He is!
Nowhere in our constitution does it say we Have to allow perverse people to do what they want!
If we do... you might as well release Sandusky, and every other sick person... After all... they were born that way!
Give me a break!
No... Romans 1 says it quite well, and that truth bothers you!
You claim your god is real, but you never provide evidence to suggest or support your god's existence. That makes you a liar or delusional, which is it?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107318 Jun 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forget...
The Creator can/will do anything He wants...
He is bigger than what you see!
Get to know Him... You will be glad you did!
So now you are just saying you don't know but attempting to avoid admitting that.

I got to know your god, by reading your bibles, and he's a monster.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107319 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but there is no conclusive evidence.
http://www.redding.com/news/2008/jun/17/are-w...
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Slippery slope that has been discussed here before is what I was referring to.
Yes someone else mentioned it was a hoax. That's great, but it will happen soon enough even if it's just to make a statement.
There is no connection between bestiality and homosexuality. NONE.
If you'd done a web search you would have found that there was a man in Sudan who was forced to marry a goat BY his church.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>Just because I don't approve of the actions of some people doesn't mean I think they deserve to be beat up.
Your words are hollow. There are other forms of bullying and abuse besides physical beatings. Some recognize it.
http://www.thepeacewriter.com/2012/05/lds-the...
Just because you might not be the one throwing the punch or holding the fag down doesn't mean that attitudes like yours aren't the force and "justification" behind it.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#107320 Jun 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You forget...
The Creator can/will do anything He wants...
He is bigger than what you see!
Get to know Him... You will be glad you did!
"He can do anything he wants" except create humans with belief in him...and only him.

You say everyone is free to worship him or not.
"Free" would be if there were no consequences of NOT worshipping.
A god that feels he has to threaten his creation with eternal punishment for NOT worshipping is a poor excuse of a "god" and not worthy of love.

The biblical "god" is a psychopathic bully and tyrant....or mythical.
Let's think well of it and call it mythical.

Primitive men sought to understand the mysteries of Nature by giving them the attributes of humans. Something they could relate to.
The invisible superbeing just wants to be loved and worshipped?
Oh, sure.
Why do you insist on keeping that primitive mindset?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#107322 Jun 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
*BUZZZ* Wrong answer!
Since homosexuality is a naturally occurring human sexual orientation (been around since the beginning, dude) you cannot just ignore it. You are doing kids intellectual and moral harm by sweeping it under the rug or letting homophobic parents fill their heads with idiot tales of god killing fags.
And your slipper slope argument about homosexuality in society leading to bestiality in society is flat out stupid. And insulting.
If this is the line of reasoning you actually think is valid I revoke my comment that you are a reasonable person.
"And your slipper slope argument about homosexuality in society leading to bestiality in society is flat out stupid. And insulting."

Why? Bestiality has been around since (been around since the beginning, dude) you cannot just ignore it. You are doing kids intellectual and moral harm by sweeping it under the rug or letting beastiophobic parents fill their heads with idiot tales of god killing pig porkers, stump breakers, chicken cluckers, ect.

Since the Beginning there has been Asexuality, Bisexuality, Polygamy, Bestiality, Transgendered, Homosexuality, Heterosexuality, Incest, Excess, group groups, pedophilia, and even Tree Bangers and Water Mellon Plugers.... Societal Norms are the Only thing that has changed since the Beginning and the guy that just died because he shoved a foot long eel up his rear end because he saw in it a porn movie supports the idea of a slippery slope....

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#107323 Jun 22, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"He can do anything he wants" except create humans with belief in him...and only him.
You say everyone is free to worship him or not.
"Free" would be if there were no consequences of NOT worshipping.
A god that feels he has to threaten his creation with eternal punishment for NOT worshipping is a poor excuse of a "god" and not worthy of love.
The biblical "god" is a psychopathic bully and tyrant....or mythical.
Let's think well of it and call it mythical.
Primitive men sought to understand the mysteries of Nature by giving them the attributes of humans. Something they could relate to.
The invisible superbeing just wants to be loved and worshipped?
Oh, sure.
Why do you insist on keeping that primitive mindset?
From it's posts one could form an opinion that it was a cursing, lying, stealing, drinking, smoking, gambling, child molesting, homosexual, crack head, bed wetting, low life bastard.

Of course that all changed once it became a religie.

Now it is just a lying, bed wetting, delusional and judgemental low life bastard.


Yep, god in a jesus suit loves a sinner.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107324 Jun 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>*BUZZZ* Wrong answer!

Since homosexuality is a naturally occurring human sexual orientation (been around since the beginning, dude) you cannot just ignore it. You are doing kids intellectual and moral harm by sweeping it under the rug or letting homophobic parents fill their heads with idiot tales of god killing fags.

And your slipper slope argument about homosexuality in society leading to bestiality in society is flat out stupid. And insulting.

If this is the line of reasoning you actually think is valid I revoke my comment that you are a reasonable person.
Why do you think they need to teach homosexuality in grade school?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#107325 Jun 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>The LDS is a Protestant church, if it is a Christian church at all. Please don't tell me you actually think the LDS comes from before Catholicism.

So the LDS itself comes from a dead tree.
No it is not derived from another church. It claims to be a restoration of the original church that Jesus started. Protestants came from protesting the Catholic Church. This is not the case with the LDS church. Understand?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#107326 Jun 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Just because you might not be the one throwing the punch or holding the fag down doesn't mean that attitudes like yours aren't the force and "justification" behind it.
Well said.

Support the church and you support hatred and bigotry.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#107327 Jun 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think they need to teach homosexuality in grade school?
Yet ... no one is "teaching homosexuality" anywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Richmond Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Maggard (Jun '14) 12 min Yep 18
Guess Who Is Still Going To Be Getting His Cla... 26 min Rachel Molly Cous... 24
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 49 min Jennifer Renee 38,774
Willie & Amy Sparks = pill heads 3 hr King Solomon 1
~*~ Last Post WINS ~*~ (Oct '11) 5 hr Sharlene45 5,028
Add a Word, Drop a Word (Sep '11) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 23,770
Double Letter Game (Mar '12) 5 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,107

Richmond Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Richmond Mortgages