Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
98,981 - 99,000 of 130,171 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
KiNg JaMeS

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

the best version

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Dolly wrote:
<quoted text>BTW.. FYI the Bible has no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI the dice have no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI the cocaine has no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI the whiskey has no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI the shopping has no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI the hookers have no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI the speed limit has no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI the AUCE buffet has no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI the firearm has no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI education has no problem . The problem lies within you.
BTW.. FYI religion has a problem . The problem lies within you.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
A.Based upon that illogic, George Washington founded the Potomac Company to establish east/west trade routes for America. Since America and the Potomac are real places, does that mean it isn't true?
OR
B. Wrong category-(non)Einstien. Not even comparable, to those with at least HALF a working braincell anyway.
Are you inferring that because there were real meeting places among the early catholic communities, the events compiled about Jesus (and probably an overwhelming majority of the OT) are indelibly accurate - just as surely as young George chopped down the cherry tree and threw a silver dollar across the Potomac?
Your point that the world does and has been comprised of countless myriads of both diverse and related cultures and subcultures is duly noted - and is far more likely to be discounted by the average congregation member than by those you choose to debate and deride here.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

A Moment of Zen....

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/9...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
A.Based upon that illogic, George Washington founded the Potomac Company to establish east/west trade routes for America. Since America and the Potomac are real places, does that mean it isn't true?
OR
B. Wrong category-(non)Einstien. Not even comparable, to those with at least HALF a working braincell anyway.
I didn't say Spider-Man disproves the Bible. I said the fact that the Bible has real places names does not prove it's stories are true.

You hear people make the claim all the time. Oh, they dug up some city in the desert that is mentioned in Julio 2:15.

Who cares? Did they dig up a god too? Because that would be impressive.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all,as you know,we are not bound by the old testament.
I try to live my life according to the teachings of Jesus,as you also know
In your case,I would do what Jesus taught.
As he was led to his death on the cross by unbelievers,he did not clamor for their death.
"Forgive them Father,for they know not what they do"
Based on his teachings,I would ,and have done do the same you....
I am well aware of how Jesus contradicts the god of the OT.
Your claim does not change my point one bit. The god you worship is the one who supposedly supported the OT laws for so long, and those laws were immoral. I would not seek an immoral god, period. That would be akin to seeking the devil.
You keep running from my point, thus I am quite sure my point is a valid one.

Christians used the reasoning of Deuteronomy in the crusades and the inquisitions. Guess the holy spirit and the bible could not convince them the gods have changed their stance one hundred eighty degrees.

Maybe that is due to the time Jesus said follow the old laws of the prophets, every dot and tittle.

When you have a book with such massive contradictory concepts, you should expect humans to be conflicted.
A god should know better, as it is simple logic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" all claim to be the best thinkers in politics, then "they" prove themselves wrong. "They" being almost everybody in politics, regardless of affiliations and stated loyalties.
Political parties, including the tea party, are simply ideals of the like minded. Hard to determine any absolute right or wrong about it.
Seems to me they are many decided upon ones values. Some value giving and some value greed. Some value war, some value peace.
Some value secularism, some value theocracy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic has led you downn the broad way of unbelief, my search for God has led me to him.
So you are right,I don't accept what you call logic.
If you are looking for me to agree with you,in order to pacify you,I am unable to do that
If you are looking for an answer in order to justify your unbelief,Iam also unable to do that.
Assuming that is your problem,then,there is someone who can help you...
If logic leads to a lack of belief, then so be it. I would be happy if you just showed you understand my points, but you do not show that at all.
So far, you act as if their is no relation between how you find faith and how other belief systems find faith.
This is a refusal to accept the clear reality.
Seems this refusal is what it takes to keep faith. I suppose that is part of the "blind faith".

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your logic has led you downn the broad way of unbelief, my search for God has led me to him.
So you are right,I don't accept what you call logic.
If you are looking for me to agree with you,in order to pacify you,I am unable to do that
If you are looking for an answer in order to justify your unbelief,Iam also unable to do that.
Assuming that is your problem,then,there is someone who can help you...
You fully justify my unbelief each time you run from logic as you are doing right now.
You do it often and consistently.

Another poster here told me that god has logic we cannot understand, thus we must blindly trust his is good and ours if flawed.
He kept insisting I ignore my own logic and understanding of the world and trust the ancients word over my own mind.

You seem to back up that concept.

You ignore the immorality god condoned in the OT. This is ignoring logic and reason. This is being pacifist to immorality. This is worshiping the immoral.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
I would venture to opine, that would be according to what part(s) anyone would be reading from, when answering a question like that.
I will also venture to opine, that is also how SOME proclaimed "literary experts" have opined about other works of literature, even of the last half century. Upon closer personal scrutiny of same literary works, by some of lesser stature however, it might be said that the same theory of dissenting opinions could apply (since you wish to insist that the book be interpreted based upon how you yourself might perceive it) in that after careful and compendious reviewing of the same aforementioned literature, that others with out a doubt, arrived at completely divergent opinions, based upon the compiled information as whole, lending to a completely different interpretation, of what "may or may not have been".
Nice to see you own up to the logical thought though, that indeed, historical books of ANY sort, are not with out their merits!
I think the bible does have its merits. It teaches us the superstition of the ancients. Sadly, some think it is non fiction.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to try and explain an applicable, relative, mathematically infallible theory for "black holes" ?
:-)
No.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is your evidence? You are lying when you claim a "spirit" or "soul" exists without presenting the evidence.
Not a liar!
I'm sorry if you ignorant about such an important thing!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not the question, that is a deflection, a way to evade the responsibility you have to provide evidence of your claim.
We have no responsibility to provide you with what you WILL disclaim!
The Lord says "SEEK ME!", that means you too!
Now, if you do not WANT to seek Him... that's on you!
Good day!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Abusing a child is evil, no exceptions, not even for your god.
Yet, this comes from one that would kill a child in the womb!
Go figure!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

ProvenScience wrote:
<quoted text>
There's been PLENTY of archeological evidences that attest to varying aspects of the CULTURES of the times the Bible was written of and about. The BOOK itself is actually one, just the same as would be with something like Mark Twains Tom Sawyer books being written with some of the CULTURAL aspects apparent of the times it was penned in.
Even today-aspects of the same cultural beliefs, traditions and practices still exist, and just because people not might always agree on them, or practice them all the same themselves, does NOT mean that they do NOT exist. Do you need the book to smack you in the head or something to "GET IT"?
What part of that REALITY is so hard to grasp, the world is FULL of DIFFERENT cultures AND beliefs-even two thousand years ago, when Christianity was basically considered a subversive practice, a duck among geese, its existances of customs, often forced into secret places (of which there is MUCH much evidence-SEE:
Goreme Open Air Museum: cave churches with frescoes
Zelve Open Air Museum: an empty cave town with churches
Kaymakli Underground City: the largest underground city
Derinkuyu Underground City: the deepest underground city
Ihlara Valley: the deepest gorge of Anatolia
Uchisar: Roman rock-cut castle
Ortahisar: Roman rock-cut castle
Avanos: center of pottery since the Hittites
Pasabag: mushroom-shaped fairy chimneys, monks valley
Devrent: animal-shaped fairy chimneys, imagination valley
Hacibektas: center of Bektasi sect of Islam
Gulsehir: first settlements in Cappadocia
Forgotten Cave Churches: churches located in the valleys
Caravanserais: 13th century hotels on the silk road)
Why do people like you insist on denying the REALITIES of such? Just because you don't like it or agree with it???
SORRY. That is NOT reality. And that is NOT how AMERICA works either-like it or not!!!!
New York is a real place, so based on your assertions, you have to believe Spiderman is real.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not a liar!
I'm sorry if you ignorant about such an important thing!
So then you have no supportive evidence, thus, you just made up this "soul" thing.
Bible and Science

Williamson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me preface my comments with a warning that the link on your post triggers an application named “witnessingtool,” which is flagged as a potential security risk.
I suspect you have posted your series of three links about the Bible being scientifically accurate in response to my post about problems that often occur in Biblical interpretation. I see no problem with Biblical interpretations that are facilitate living effectively in the present as a member of society at large. Lots of Christians are able to fit well in modern society. Many function effectively as scientists and/or mathematicians.
Some people, however, have major problems in this regard. Michelle Bachman, for example, recently asserted her belief that god is punishing the US for immoral behavior through a pattern of terrorist attacks, which she interprets as her cue to advocate that we should return to living in the past. There are advocates for teaching creationism as a valid theory despite factual evidence refuting it. Living nearby are religious groups that ride in black, horse-drawn buggies and discourage their members from mixing with “the English.”
I would welcome your discussing these issues with me, but it is difficult to respond to a series of links lacking any personally written narrative from you. Please feel free and encouraged to talk. I love to argue, but I don’t bite unless bitten first.
What facts do you have to refute creation?

They have never found a missing link(s), each creature is different bone structure birds, the way our organs work, and etc... There are some similarities in certain creatures, but by far way too many gaps to support evolution...

Each creature was designed and created uniquely by God the Devine creator.
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you did not question the story someone else told you, you swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.
At 9ish, I heard about Jesus, and God... I believed it in my heart!
Then satan took me in my ignorance of him, and his ways!
being as evil as I could.... Drugs, sexual perversions with homos, and a lot of other ill crap!
40 years later, in jail for domestic violence, booked on 04/04/04,@ 0.04 seconds after midnight, I spent the best "40" days of my life, getting to KNOW our Savior in person!
He told me... it was I who left Him, but He was always there for me!
He showed me things about my life, and where He protected me!
Now, I know you'll just say that's a coincidence, and that I am delusional, or some crap like that...
But I WILL stand on the Mountain tops Proclaiming He IS Lord, and
the likes of you, and your father (satan) will NEVER prove me wrong!
Christ is real... Get used to it, Repent, or die in your sins!
Thank you Jesus for the Truth!
Amen!

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Yet, this comes from one that would kill a child in the womb!
Go figure!
There are no children in wombs.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>At 9ish, I heard about Jesus, and God... I believed it in my heart!
Then satan took me in my ignorance of him, and his ways!
being as evil as I could.... Drugs, sexual perversions with homos, and a lot of other ill crap!
40 years later, in jail for domestic violence, booked on 04/04/04,@ 0.04 seconds after midnight, I spent the best "40" days of my life, getting to KNOW our Savior in person!
He told me... it was I who left Him, but He was always there for me!
He showed me things about my life, and where He protected me!
Now, I know you'll just say that's a coincidence, and that I am delusional, or some crap like that...
But I WILL stand on the Mountain tops Proclaiming He IS Lord, and
the likes of you, and your father (satan) will NEVER prove me wrong!
Christ is real... Get used to it, Repent, or die in your sins!
Thank you Jesus for the Truth!
Amen!
So you are a sado-masochist.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Richmond Forum right now

Search the Richmond Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hookers in Richmond 3 hr pillhead 5
Moving to Richmond, what's the 411? 3 hr Hinesville 4
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr American 149,667
Who will be the next Madison County Sheriff in ... 4 hr Hacker 833
Small Wonders Daycare (Dec '10) 5 hr Concerned Parent 31
franklin murphy 5 hr tree trimmer 3
Debate: Ferguson - Richmond, KY 5 hr just desserts 47
Song Title Game (Aug '09) 7 hr Jennifer Renee 28,369
Missing teen girl in Berea (Jun '13) 20 hr BehindYou78 7,283
•••
•••
•••
•••

Richmond Jobs

•••